News Forum - BBC plans to reproduce Thailand’s hit TV show “Block Out” for British television

Thaiger

Following the successful take of the South Korean show “The Masked Singer,” BBC is eyeing Thailand for its next big television show. The network plans to pilot its own version of the Tetris-style smash “Block Out”, a hit TV show among Thais, cashing in on the rising popularity of Asian TV shows. The original “Block Out” was created by Japanese television network Nippon TV and debuted on a major Thai television network, Channel 7. The show will give viewers “body-bending humor and edge-of-the-ledge excitement,” according to the product, with two teams competing for a monetary reward by answering trivia questions […]

The story BBC plans to reproduce Thailand’s hit TV show “Block Out” for British television as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Must admit I haven’t seen the Thai version but , then again, my eyes do tend to glaze over when the TV is turned on here !!

If it's the BBC it will probably be mostly black contestants, they make up about 3% of the population but make up about 25% of their output, even at the expense of Asian characters, who are 5x more of the population

• Like 1

Sounds like I did the correct thing by cancelling my BBC TV license a few years ago; if the BBC are going to copy a concept from Thai TV then God help us, they must be utterly desperate. Is it going to include the mandatory sound effects with bells and whistles played randomly to keep the population awake? Good luck BBC, you failed years ago and its only a matter of time. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Farang123 said:

Sounds like I did the correct thing by cancelling my BBC TV license a few years ago; if the BBC are going to copy a concept from Thai TV then God help us, they must be utterly desperate. Is it going to include the mandatory sound effects with bells and whistles played randomly to keep the population awake? Good luck BBC, you failed years ago and its only a matter of time. 

Perhaps they will make even more Thai like by having a load of lady boys on the show 😂

• 10 months later...