Jump to content

News Forum - Top US scientist says Omicron “almost certainly” no more severe than Delta


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

So thousands if not millions should have been allowed to die or end up severely ill just so your business could stay open?

What business you running?

Funeral parlor maybe?

Eh? I'm lost here, where did I say anything like that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Eh? I'm lost here, where did I say anything like that? 

You said that lockdowns and travel restrictions etc should never have been introduced because its all fear mongering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You said that lockdowns and travel restrictions etc should never have been introduced because its all fear mongering. 

Show me where I said those words, you'll have quite a task trying to find them. My post was a response to the poster who thought I hadn't been affected by covid, I was just explaining to him how I had been affected. Everyone in the world has been affected in some way, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I thought people should die because of my business though. Very strange post to be honest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Show me where I said those words, you'll have quite a task trying to find them. My post was a response to the poster who thought I hadn't been affected by covid, I was just explaining to him how I had been affected. Everyone in the world has been affected in some way, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I thought people should die because of my business though. Very strange post to be honest. 

Erm maybe this....

"It's quite incredible isn't it. Despite the fact lockdowns destroy people's mental health, destroy businesses, the economy and delay cancer treatments."

Or this .......

"So you think Omicron just appeared 2 weeks ago? Let's be honest, it's probably been here for months without any of us knowing. You've got to wonder how long can the media get away with this "we don't know enough about this horrific new variant". It's scaremongering and tiresome."

"So you admit it's probably been here for months and yet there's still been zero deaths? so why the need for all the fear? You need to stop watching the news, It's bad for your health."

Stay with me.....

"That will upset the Lockdowners."

Yup....

"Yeh because masks and lockdowns stopped the virus, didn't they. Haha, your posts get better by the day. Someone needs to cut this plonkers internet off. "Just a thought"

Seeing a trend yet?.......

"No, what's annoyed me is the complete and utter scaremongering. As if the media isn't bad enough, up steps guys like stonker on forums online."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Erm maybe this....

"It's quite incredible isn't it. Despite the fact lockdowns destroy people's mental health, destroy businesses, the economy and delay cancer treatments."

Or this .......

"So you think Omicron just appeared 2 weeks ago? Let's be honest, it's probably been here for months without any of us knowing. You've got to wonder how long can the media get away with this "we don't know enough about this horrific new variant". It's scaremongering and tiresome."

"So you admit it's probably been here for months and yet there's still been zero deaths? so why the need for all the fear? You need to stop watching the news, It's bad for your health."

Stay with me.....

"That will upset the Lockdowners."

Yup....

"Yeh because masks and lockdowns stopped the virus, didn't they. Haha, your posts get better by the day. Someone needs to cut this plonkers internet off. "Just a thought"

Seeing a trend yet?.......

"No, what's annoyed me is the complete and utter scaremongering. As if the media isn't bad enough, up steps guys like stonker on forums online."

So i didn't actually say the words you claimed I did then? Imagine that. Anyway, all these things posted on the Omicron thread, Could it be we were discussing Omicron then? Not one single person has died of Omicron. However time after time we see the same people screaming for lockdowns and extra restrictions (for Omicron). What else can we do other than get vaccinated and carry on our lives? Viruses mutate, that's what they do. You can't lockdown every time it mutates. The virus is here to stay, we just need to live with it. 

Edited by Rangers
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, oldschooler said:

 I dont debate fools.  no equivalence between true science and crackpot theories.anti - vax is long since discredited as nonsense. period.

That’s your ultimate argument. None. A sentence. It is so low, it raised my case from my previous comment. Also I am vaccinated so not sure hot does that fit as well with your single sentence. Can’t comprehend your obvious hate neither.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

just stop at “can’t comprehend”…..plain english, sense and facts clearly not your thing … I have made a number of basic factual points…. which you and your type as usual fail to address…..typical of people with nothing sensible to say… instead you introduce more deflecting gibberish……nobody of any repute defends anti- vaxxers…..they are despised not hated…..they comprise around 97% of covid hospital deaths in UK/USA……they occupy ICU beds that should be servicing non- covid cancer or respiratory cases…….

all quite embarassing here  for your forum “reputation”…. but do please carry on……I’m quite enjoying the beating you’re taking…….perhaps the rest of your silly silent troll group can join in ! “ your case” ? you have’t made any “case” ….because you dont have one…in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence for getting vaccinated.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

just stop at “can’t comprehend”…..plain english, sense and facts clearly not your thing … I have made a number of basic factual points…. which you and your type as usual fail to address…..typical of people with nothing sensible to say… instead you introduce more deflecting gibberish……nobody of any repute defends anti- vaxxers…..they are despised not hated…..they comprise around 97% of covid hospital deaths in UK/USA……they occupy ICU beds that should be servicing non- covid cancer or respiratory cases…….

all quite embarassing here  for your forum “reputation”…. but do please carry on……I’m quite enjoying the beating you’re taking…….perhaps the rest of your silly silent troll group can join in ! “ your case” ? you have’t made any “case” ….because you dont have one…in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence for getting vaccinated.

I would have read your comment if you had not mentioned qnon crap or else, but if you think that I am a nut case then you must be one to think that you are not one.

Edited by Manu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

just stop at “can’t comprehend”…..plain english, sense and facts clearly not your thing … I have made a number of basic factual points…. which you and your type as usual fail to address…..typical of people with nothing sensible to say… instead you introduce more deflecting gibberish……nobody of any repute defends anti- vaxxers…..they are despised not hated…..they comprise around 97% of covid hospital deaths in UK/USA……they occupy ICU beds that should be servicing non- covid cancer or respiratory cases…….

all quite embarassing here  for your forum “reputation”…. but do please carry on……I’m quite enjoying the beating you’re taking…….perhaps the rest of your silly silent troll group can join in ! “ your case” ? you have’t made any “case” ….because you dont have one…in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence for getting vaccinated.

He he… No value of any sort but some of the same irrational original  hate. English is not my first language so sorry if comprehend was not good for you. I like it personally. Apart from that.. let’s leave it there like gentlemen.

Edited by Manu
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rangers said:

So i didn't actually say the words you claimed I did then? Imagine that. Anyway, all these things posted on the Omicron thread, Could it be we were discussing Omicron then? Not one single person has died of Omicron. However time after time we see the same people screaming for lockdowns and extra restrictions (for Omicron). What else can we do other than get vaccinated and carry on our lives? Viruses mutate, that's what they do. You can't lockdown every time it mutates. The virus is here to stay, we just need to live with it. 

Yes we understand. You dont like lockdowns because for you, personally, it was bad. Which was my point in my original reply. You have just demonstrated that I was right.

Lives were saved though because of lockdowns. I'm sorry if that inconvenienced you but such is life. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes we understand. You dont like lockdowns because for you, personally, it was bad. Which was my point in my original reply. You have just demonstrated that I was right.

Lives were saved though because of lockdowns. I'm sorry if that inconvenienced you but such is life. 

A large percentage of my work is done in Sweden, a country that didn't lock down. Their death rate must've been horrific, I wonder if there will be anyone left when I go back. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Now you're just clutching at straws my friend, a simple Google search at the figures tells you that is simply untrue. 

Wait. All you vaxxers claim you cant trust google.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Wait. All you vaxxers claim you cant trust google.

Google filters the news and can't be trusted. Dr Knumnut Fausi is worse and says anything for attention. That leads us back to we don't know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DigitalCriminal said:

vaxxed are factories for new mutants, and mass vaccinations during ongoing pandemic drives it futher, its a perpetum mobile con.

And u can read about it in medical books

tell it to the polio victims then

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 1

      New Arrival

    2. 0

      Top 10 yummy central Thai dishes!! (Video)

    3. 15

      News Forum - Smoking cannabis recreationally is still illegal, warns Department of Public Health

    4. 15

      News Forum - Smoking cannabis recreationally is still illegal, warns Department of Public Health

    5. 5

      News Forum - Governor to drain the swamp with Bangkok’s criminal fraternity

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use