News Forum - Top US scientist says Omicron “almost certainly” no more severe than Delta

Thaiger

America’s top infectious diseases expert has echoed statements made by the World Health Organisation that Omicron is unlikely to be more severe than other Covid-19 variants. Dr Anthony Fauci says that while it’s too soon to say for sure, there are early indications the variant may in fact result in milder illness. “There is some suggestion that it might even be less severe, because when you look at some of the cohorts that are being followed in South Africa, the ratio between the number of infections and the number of hospitalisations seems to be less than with Delta.” However, he […]

The story Top US scientist says Omicron “almost certainly” no more severe than Delta as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Official stats for 2018 Thailand, Flu & pneumonias got 47.000 + casualties in a year surely due comorbidities and old weakest people as for Covid, have we heard at that time Thailand and  the world was upside down ? Within almost 2 years 2020 & 2021 we got a bit more than 20.000 Casualties in Thailand from Covid bad flu leading to pneumonias. But the country is drawned economically ....no stats on how many people suicided due lost everything including hopes, how many poors queeing at charities to get food ? beggars in streets ? while rich people in their comfort, got 2 to 3 time richer

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

How do you know that rich people got '2 to 3 times richer?'

A lot did

The billionaires grew vastly

And many other rich as well

I by, no means include myself in that category 

But I had the best 18 months of my career by a multiple of 4x

I think it's safe to say the wealth gap grew 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

America’s top infectious diseases expert has echoed statements made by the World Health Organisation that Omicron is unlikely to be more severe than other Covid-19 variants. Dr Anthony Fauci says that while it’s too soon to say for sure, there are early indications the variant may in fact result in milder illness. “There is some suggestion that it might even be less severe, because when you look at some of the cohorts that are being followed in South Africa, the ratio between the number of infections and the number of hospitalisations seems to be less than with Delta.” However, he […]

The story Top US scientist says Omicron “almost certainly” no more severe than Delta as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Top us scientist is Dr Fausi. Mr flip-flop himself. 

• Like 4

o-micron virus now, is not more bad than delta-virus from before ?
so this is a mild flu-virus ( normal disease ) and even
most people in world not, get sick or die.
-
nice, so people can end now ; all lockdowns, give any vaccine, wear mask,
travel and gathering restircitons, and can open all businesses. :)
-
and will people form, government with their experts  and news, also end ?

Edited by think-and-ask
  • Like 1

As always...time will tell. Of course, my hope is that while this virus variant is more virilant, it won't be as severe and that current vaccines will hold up. Who knows, it could be a sign the virus is heading in the direction of the annual flu.

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

I didnt go through everyone on that list but as to Thailand I didn't see anyone in the top 50.  Two inside the top 250. And what were they worth two years ago? Asks more questions than gives answers.

2 mn it took me... 20% to $160 billion richer for the 50 richest in Thailand the last 15 months, not quite 2 to 3 times richer however it is plenty.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbespr/2021/07/07/wealth-of-thailands-50-richest-on-forbes-list-rises-amid-pandemic-challenges/?sh=3e7a3dd5e2e5

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Well done. I didnt have the time or inclination. ☺️

So basically you added a post on a subject that you have no interest nor time (2mn) to spend on it. So apart from being condescend towards others, what was the point? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manu said:

So basically you added a post on a subject that you have no interest nor time (2mn) to spend on it. So apart from being condescend towards others, what was the point? 

Are we talking about me or 'Top US Scientist says Omicron is............?'

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Are we talking about me or 'Top US Scientist says Omicron is............?'

Look at your previous posts mate, what were you talking about? Your first one asking a question to marc26 on that particular subject? Or shall I say trying to argue on the subject that you apparently have no clue about nor have any interest for the sake of arguing, not sure why but I guess boredom ? I thought a forum was somehow sharing opinions and views…

8 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Seems that omicron can be quite mild, hope so.

As were all the offspring variants, as well as the original. 

Yet, we keep buying what they're pushing. 

Why is that?

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

As were all the offspring variants, as well as the original. 

Yet, we keep buying what they're pushing. 

Why is that?

Apart from getting vaccinated and wearing a mask outdoors, my input is minimal. The whole thing bores me silly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An off topic post has been removed as well as all of the replies to it.

Please stay on topic

Top US scientist says Omicron “almost certainly” no more severe than Delta

8 hours ago, oldschooler said:

final question then is how effective against Omicron are the vaccines we’ve all taken ?

The first case of Omi in the USA was in  California ,it was transported by Vaxer. 
The first case of Omi  in Chicago was a boostervaxer!  

The article speaks volumes about your comment ! I can summarize it though!

50747873-053B-40B9-B142-E17B6EEAB19E.thumb.jpeg.dde330d43d601ec78d3d8469af62095b.jpeg

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/what-we-know-about-chicago-and-illinois-first-omicron-variant-case/2702305/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, think-and-ask said:

o-micron virus now, is not more bad than delta-virus from before ?
so this is a mild flu-virus ( normal disease ) and even
most people in world not, get sick or die.
-
nice, so people can end now ; all lockdowns, give any vaccine, wear mask,
travel and gathering restircitons, and can open all businesses. :)
-
and will people form, government with their experts  and news, also end ?

There's only one problem with that - all the other variants that aren't "a mild flu virus (normal disease)".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rain said:

Why is that?

Probably because millions of people have died / are dying of Covid-19, and many more are affected for life ... and many, many millions more would be dying if they hadn't been treated in hospital or people hadn't masked up / locked down ...

... just a thought ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Probably because millions of people have died / are dying of Covid-19, and many more are affected for life ... and many, many millions more would be dying if they hadn't been treated in hospital or people hadn't masked up / locked down ...

... just a thought ...

Yeh because masks and lockdowns stopped the virus, didn't they. Haha, your posts get better by the day. 

Someone needs to cut this plonkers internet off. 

"Just a thought"

• Like 2

so, this attempt to extend the fearmongering and Draconian government mandates failed....but they will still keep trying.

stop wearing the virtue signaling face diaper. the weak want it so they can feel "safe"

never accept this ridiculous tactic ever again.

9 hours ago, riclag said:

The first case of Omi in the USA was in  California ,it was transported by Vaxer. 
The first case of Omi  in Chicago was a boostervaxer!  

The article speaks volumes about your comment ! I can summarize it though!

50747873-053B-40B9-B142-E17B6EEAB19E.thumb.jpeg.dde330d43d601ec78d3d8469af62095b.jpeg

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/what-we-know-about-chicago-and-illinois-first-omicron-variant-case/2702305/

anti - vax ignorance personified. yes vaxed can catch & transmit but in much reduced form compared to unvaxxed. but hey never mind the facts, your pseudo /political /troll opinions are “your truth”, right ?

• Like 1