News Forum - Thailand deploys “King Cobra” unit at Myanmar border to monitor illegal crossings

Thaiger

The lifting of restrictions on Covid-19 in Thailand, which culminated with its reopening on November 1, sparked a surge in demand for foreign labor, making it very difficult to control the illegal border crossings. To deal with it, Thailand’s “King Cobra” special unit team under the Surasee Taskforce is now actively searching for unauthorised migrants along its western border with Myanmar. Patrol is heightened in eight districts in the province of Prachuap Khiri Khan border Myanmar, which has 34 natural border passes linking the two countries. The head of the King Cobra unit, Col Assadawut Panyarachun, claimed many jobs are […]

The story Thailand deploys “King Cobra” unit at Myanmar border to monitor illegal crossings as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"The unit has been divided into sections that will go on patrol for several days at a time. “We have no idea where we’ll sleep each night”.

don't' forget your Hello Kitty blanket and teddy bear. 

• Haha 7

Now, now....let's not be like that 🤣🤣🤣🤣 They'll just need to build a tent like every other soldier! Just a matter of getting used to 24 ration packs!! It's and interesting dilemma....Thailand needs the workers and the Burmese need the work. I think it would be a lot cheaper to work out a vaccination and work permit system.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"The unit has been divided into sections that will go on patrol for several days at a time. “We have no idea where we’ll sleep each night”.

And to keep my teddy bear company I need to also bring my:

image.png.4eafe9dc9c4348d36edb0fe1ca5e36ec.png

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Now, now....let's not be like that 🤣🤣🤣🤣 They'll just need to build a tent like every other soldier! Just a matter of getting used to 24 ration packs!! It's and interesting dilemma....Thailand needs the workers and the Burmese need the work. I think it would be a lot cheaper to work out a vaccination and work permit system.

Instead a  few  years  ago they introduced a  stupid laborious paper  rich system with massive fines, I mean just give em a  work permit for ANY work, instead no it has to specifiy the work the employer etc, so you  shell  out a load of  money for this and 1  month later they up and leave

2 hours ago, Jason said:

A tent? Luxury! When I was in you were lucky if you had a dandelion leaf to shelter under. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Luxury!!!! When I was a soldier, we only had half the size of a bees dick to shelter under!!!

A bees dick! You was spoiled. We had to camp in the middle of Lake Windemere. Had a hell of a time getting a fire going.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

A bees dick! You was spoiled. We had to camp in the middle of Lake Windemere. Had a hell of a time getting a fire going.

Ah, Belle Island, I know it well, from the occasional rowing boat mission from Bowness . . . and very wet, more often than not.

20 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Ah, Belle Island, I know it well, from the occasional rowing boat mission from Bowness . . . and very wet, more often than not.

An island? Luxury! Three days treading water and then we had to fight a pack of Zulus at the end of it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

.....ei ei ei 😉