News Forum - Recovery of Thailand’s international tourism sector likely to take years

Thaiger

The Thai gossip channel is working full time promoting fear among would be travelers. My wife was talking to a friend who's in Europe who just canceled a trip.

Her fear was that if anyone in her group tested positive, they are all off to quarantine. Sure someone could contact covid on the plane, but wouldn't likely show up positive so quickly.  Anyway hysteria rules. I for one don't miss them so no loss.

I assume worldwide leisure travel is really down.

1 minute ago, DigitalCriminal said:

South America is new Thailand.

in regards that you get Omicron for free there... yes!

No testing needed because it is already so much that they can't control it anyways. Good luck in SA.

• Like 1

Time to close the borders to the undesirables.

And then strictly partition the undesirable resident types. 

A good cleansing of barbarians is in order. 

A new dawn for the land of Mueang Thai.  

29 minutes ago, DigitalCriminal said:

So far Vaxxed going down with Omicron.

None of my friends who went there or Tanzania which never locked down and hotels were full ended up with COVID.

Even of u get it then good for u, mild symptoms get over it in days and be immune for decades to come.

U talk CNN my friend.

It's unstoppable. How them vaccines worked out for ya? 

Vaccines are great, you should try them and if you don't like it... go to South Africa your welcome there.

• Like 1

Just now, DigitalCriminal said:

Great at doing what exactly?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/most-reported-us-omicron-cases-have-hit-fully-vaccinated-cdc-2021-12-10/?s=09

Sir ur replies got no any value really so please save us time reading it.

And please don't tell others what to do either. If u love them so much keep boosting up, actually time might be up for the next shoot, so get ur queue no.

Help the world restart after COVID19 (prevent hospitalization in great extend), your free not doing so. Stay at home. Don't be social, quick solution.

Heading to Thailand next week for a long holiday with family and friends, can't wait to get back out there. Thailand is one of the most beautiful, relaxed, happy places on earth. The negativity you read on here about it is complete and utter jobby. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Shark said:

Help the world restart after COVID19 (prevent hospitalization in great extend), your free not doing so. Stay at home. Don't be social, quick solution.

Hmmmm....

Yet, there was never great numbers of hospitalization to any extent - and still isn't. 

Somewhere down the line, you've [and most others] been hoodwinked. 

The old propaganda adage holds measurably: repeated often and loud enough, it all becomes real and true. 

3 hours ago, DigitalCriminal said:

U all wrong.

Ppl simply go to places with no entry restrictions or little restrictions. My friends just went Dominicana, other many friends going South America all over there, Mexico, Colombia, Nicaragua. And many go Africa too.

No entry problems, much cheaper with no forced insurance for whole families and expensive PCR tests and forced quarantines, no risks of being sent to hospital for false positives or b cuz someone else on plane tested positive etc...

Ppl still travel but just simply avoid Thailand.

Good so why do you waste your time trolling on a Thai forum.

Just now, Rain said:

Hmmmm....

Yet, there was never great numbers of hospitalization to any extent - and still isn't. 

Somewhere down the line, you've [and most others] been hoodwinked. 

The old propaganda adage holds measurably: repeated often and loud enough, it all becomes real and true. 

hoodwink

transitive verb

1. To deceive or swindle by deception. synonym: deceive.
  2. To blindfold.
  3. To conceal.

I don't care - Fact is without this vaccine I can't even fly to Europe and most of Europe doesn't allow me to-do anything without it, I'm still strongly hoping that stricter rules which have been announced in Thailand will become a thing for those wanting to be social. I do believe in vaccination and it wasn't even for myself hence I said restarting the world and getting back to what's 'normal' post covid.

All the thin heads in the CCC want to think that this is some giant conspiracy... if so, what is the goal there hasn't been any new currency introduced or new war (ok Russia close but....) so I don't believe in it being propoganda.

U all wrong.

Ppl simply go to places with no entry restrictions or little restrictions. My friends just went Dominicana, other many friends going South America all over there, Mexico, Colombia, Nicaragua. And many go Africa too.

No entry problems, much cheaper with no forced insurance for whole families and expensive PCR tests and forced quarantines, no risks of being sent to hospital for false positives or b cuz someone else on plane tested positive etc...

Ppl still travel but just simply avoid Thailand.

Good so why do you waste your time trolling on a Thai forum.

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I don't think that ambiguity only applies to Thailand 

When we went to Mexico this summer there was no real official policy 

Although stories on forums of positive results seemed much more about the infected being able to stay in the hotels and villas they were booked at when tested positive 

Although one nasty story was a big resort didn't want a posting case on their hands and offered to give a fake negative certificate result

And when the person refused they forced her to stay in a crappy hotel when their official booking policy was you got a room free for quarantine if you tested positive 

I wish countries were clear

Like I said even Fiji's announcement is 100% what actually happens to you 

But we are traveling during a pandemic 

So you weigh those risks

I want to see my stepson so it's worth the risk for me ...

Yes - travelling anywhere during a pandemic will have its potential problems.   You definitely have a good reason to travel now - hope it all goes well.  We can wait a while - early/mid next year will do us fine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DigitalCriminal said:

My friend is a pro traveler YouTuber he did all S. america, USA, Africa in pandemic, unvaxed, never got sick. He lives from travels and yt.

Yet some of u lockurself in rooms wearing 2 masks being triple Vaxxed.

He is in TH now, went full circle.

Here's his channel and u can see his past videos titles from all over the world.

https://youtube.com/c/PodróżeWojownika

I know u got explanation to this why he didn't even get sick right?

U can check he party hard too in Brazil slums etc, no masks etc..

Does he have a work permit for working in Thailand? As a pro he should know this. Sorry but are his videos current? 

If current most of the people would be in masks. You are very persistent for a troll. Most trolls a sort of hit and run, I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Yes - travelling anywhere during a pandemic will have its potential problems.   You definitely have a good reason to travel now - hope it all goes well.  We can wait a while - early/mid next year will do us fine. 

Like yourself I wouldn't go just as a regular tourist 

Even business wise. I travel extensively in the US and it really increases my business when I am traveling and seeing clients and meeting new ones at conferences 

But I still don't travel even 80% of what I used to

There is a big conference in Chicago in January that would really help my business to go

But I just don't want to be in a conferences in Chicago in the middle of January with 200 people 

So I will pass on that 

We have our nephew's wedding in Boston next Friday 

Not exactly thrilled to go to a wedding with 150 people, but can't miss that 

So even though double vaxxed and getting boosted in a week, I still pick and choose what I do 

• Like 1

So when in history they had to use tanks to convince ppl to take it, like they so much care about ur health.

Some vaccins are obligatory, everybody got them when child.

like polio vaccin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DigitalCriminal said:

It's false believe too that Vaxxed don't end up in hospitals or die.

And it's false to lie that the vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths are the unvaccinated, to push your agenda

Yes vaxxed still can be hospitalized and die

But you know full well that the vast majority are unvaccinated 

So why leave that out in your long diatribes?

Because it doesn't suit your agenda?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

And it's false to lie that the vast majority of hospitalizations and deaths are the unvaccinated, to push your agenda

Yes vaxxed still can be hospitalized and die

But you know full well that the vast majority are unvaccinated 

So why leave that out in your long diatribes?

Because it doesn't suit your agenda?

<content deleted>

Edited by KaptainRob
Spammer banned, all other content deleted

8 hours ago, Rain said:

Time to close the borders to the undesirables.

And then strictly partition the undesirable resident types. 

A good cleansing of barbarians is in order. 

A new dawn for the land of Mueang Thai.  

No way to talk about local Thai people. Shame on you describing them as undesirable residents and barbarians. 

• Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 6:35 AM, AussieBob said:

None of the 'bad' details are advised - they just blatantly dont say anything. The sad fact is that people are deciding to travel based on assumptions and misinformation.  There was one Aussie couple and their kids that went to Thailand on the first flight from Sydney - for 6 days !!  Unbelievable. I bet a house to a brick, that if you sat them down before they decided to go, and explained what would happen if they or any of their unvaccinated kids tested positive, they would be astonished - and very likely they would not have travelled. That is my issue - TAT are not telling everyone the whole story. 

This stunned me. The odd are on their side and risk appetite is personal, but testing positive in Thailand is a nightmare scenario. 

Australia has existed in a strange bubble. Tens of thousands of Aussie citizens have not been able to return home for nearly 2 years. Draconian and authoritarian travel restrictions and quarantine measures which can change at the drop of a hat. Public vilification of anyone who dared to have an international life. And now, with travel restrictions internationally in flux, is the time to go for a quick week away to a country with a ravaged tourism infrastructure?

Thailand is a good choice relatively speaking for the longer-term traveller. Hard winter in your home country with raging covid, or this. But, a few days away with the family? 

I guess the smoke and mirrors of tourism advertising, TAT/domestically in Australia, and YouTuber clickbait wins out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Soidog said:

No way to talk about local Thai people. Shame on you describing them as undesirable residents and barbarians. 

It's not clear who he's referring to as undesirable residents and barbarians. Although some Thais might not like falangs, I don't think they talk that way. I agree that there are all kinds of falangs and some are not wanted, but many are. Depends on their attitudes. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 7:55 AM, Bangkok_Gary said:

I am a Snowbird type of visitor. I want to stay 4 months in Thailand to escape the Canadian winter. But there is no visa offered for that kind of visit. The visa on arrival is for 30 days only. The tourist visa is for 60 days only. There is a multiple entry tourist visa but you need to prove a need to re-enter. So you have to buy a ticket from Bangkok to (say) Phnom Penh return for the middle of that 4 month period to "prove" a need to re-enter. Plus one must apply for the TR visa on-line and it is very complicated. One must upload a dozen documents, photos, etc. If they want tourists why do they make it so difficult ? I'm thinking of going to some other country where they make it easy to visit. 

If your old enough get a NON-O VISA but it requires a deposit in a Thai bank. Get a re entery permit and you can renew it every year. 

6 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

This stunned me. The odd are on their side and risk appetite is personal, but testing positive in Thailand is a nightmare scenario. 

Australia has existed in a strange bubble. Tens of thousands of Aussie citizens have not been able to return home for nearly 2 years. Draconian and authoritarian travel restrictions and quarantine measures which can change at the drop of a hat. Public vilification of anyone who dared to have an international life. And now, with travel restrictions internationally in flux, is the time to go for a quick week away to a country with a ravaged tourism infrastructure?

Thailand is a good choice relatively speaking for the longer-term traveller. Hard winter in your home country with raging covid, or this. But, a few days away with the family? 

I guess the smoke and mirrors of tourism advertising, TAT/domestically in Australia, and YouTuber clickbait wins out. 

The reality is that most foreigners don't come down with covid and/or if vaccinated it would be mild. That is you avoid high risk places and follow normal precautions.  The covid rate in Thailand is quite low and medical care is very good. The Thai government has taken a very active approach to covid that may put off some visitors, but actual risks are low.

That said the biggest challenges are the entry requirements.  Some potential visitors are put off by the requirements to quarantine if tested positive but it's for your own good and to prevent population spread. If you were at home and developed a positive test, hopefully you'd quarantine. 

3 hours ago, LoongFred said:

The reality is that most foreigners don't come down with covid and/or if vaccinated it would be mild. That is you avoid high risk places and follow normal precautions.  The covid rate in Thailand is quite low and medical care is very good. The Thai government has taken a very active approach to covid that may put off some visitors, but actual risks are low.

That said the biggest challenges are the entry requirements.  Some potential visitors are put off by the requirements to quarantine if tested positive but it's for your own good and to prevent population spread. If you were at home and developed a positive test, hopefully you'd quarantine. 

When I go to Thailand I do tend to gravitate to the high risk places,like bars,gogo and all the other types,GCs,busy restaurants,massage!,shopping malls,markets.Take the airport bus to and from Jomtien/Pattaya.love the skytrain in Bangkok, visit cowboy and the plaza one time every trip for old times sake you understand.

I shall stay home.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, yselmike said:

When I go to Thailand I do tend to gravitate to the high risk places,like bars,gogo and all the other types,GCs,busy restaurants,massage!,shopping malls,markets.Take the airport bus to and from Jomtien/Pattaya.love the skytrain in Bangkok, visit cowboy and the plaza one time every trip for old times sake you understand.

I shall stay home.

Like a walking magnet for covid  or ***.