News Forum - Police deny detaining or threatening woman who told PM to “retire quickly”

Thaiger

Police in the north-eastern province have denied an allegation that they detained a woman who told the Thai PM to, “retire quickly”. Following the incident, which occurred in the Udon Thani district of Ban Dung while the PM was visiting the forest temple of Wat Kham Cha Not, reports emerged that the woman had been taken to a police station for an “attitude adjustment”. The Bangkok Post reports that Pitsanu Unahaseri, Udon Thani police chief, and Jakrapop Srichanta, Ban Dung police chief, strongly deny the allegation. The story first broke when the woman, a noodle vendor, addressed the PM as […]

The story Police deny detaining or threatening woman who told PM to “retire quickly” as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Pitsanu says this never happened and the police would only ever act as the law permits.

Which law he is referring to?

Could make interesting reading. 

• Like 1

“Go check what I’ve done and how much progress I’ve made.” said Pnut.

Pnut could start by reading this forum to know how much progress he didn't make.

He has personally overseen the progress of Covid deaths from 100 in April to nearly 20,000 in December, maybe that's what he means. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, palooka said:

Pnut could start by reading this forum to know how much progress he didn't make.

He has personally overseen the progress of Covid deaths from 100 in April to nearly 20,000 in December, maybe that's what he means. 

Why would he do that?  He would, quite rightly, dismiss anything that is written on a farang majority forum as irrelevant and uninformed comment.  He would probably say, again quite rightly, to look to your own home governments for panicking idiots. 

Edited by Pinetree
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

He would probably say, again quite rightly, to look to your own home governments for panicking idiots. 

Seems you are referring to Covid  ie "panicking". 

Happy to stand Australias (1/3 pop. thai) record for deaths of just over 2,000 against Thailands near 21,000. 

Guess there are thousands of Thais that might disagree with you if they were still alive.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, palooka said:

Don't underestimate the Thaiforums/ social media, they are aware of it. Also just follow sometimes the hitlists of the hashtags. It is just the opposite what some on the forum claims about Thailand and Thais. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Don't underestimate the Thaiforums/ social media, they are aware of it. Also just follow sometimes the hitlists of the hashtags. It is just the opposite what some on the forum claims about Thailand and Thais. 

And seen on the noodle vendors answer 😂

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, palooka said:

Seems you are referring to Covid  ie "panicking". 

Not really, The UK government  is full of  inefficient muppets who can't make any policy work and lead by a buffoon.  The US is lead by a broken, senile idiot, France by a deluded racist, Germany by a new left wing dumb ass.  Frankly, from a distance,  the Thai PM is not all bad. 

Edited by Pinetree
  • Haha 1

Ok so they didn’t take her in but they still visited her. Never mind the fact just having the police visit is chilling and stifling enough in and of itself. Didn’t anyone in the government realize the original story was way over the line and wouldn’t play well in the media? Tone deaf in the least. 

• Like 2

They use the word of invite to cover up the mandatory you have no choice. I know who I tend to believe on this one. This action and interaction is well known to all the Thai on social media talking and is seems to be yet another straw on the herd of camel's backs.

26 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Not really, The UK government  is full of  inefficient muppets who can't make any policy work and lead by a buffoon.  The US is lead by a broken, senile idiot, France by a deluded racist, Germany by a new left wing dumb ass.  Frankly, from a distance,  the Thai PM is not all bad. 

Pnut the ultimate in inefficient muppets, I have to live with here in Thailand where you have to be careful what you say and to whom-- not have the right to speak critically, not have the right to protest, not have the right to choose the leader, it goes on and on. 

Europe, US and UK have those rights and voted those people into power, and they have the right to vote them out of power at the next election.  No one voted for Pnut except his mates.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, palooka said:

I have to live with here in Thailand where you have to be careful what you say and to whom-- not have the right to speak critically, not have the right to protest,

What are you doing here if not being critical and having your say?  Are the Police at your door, no.  Are you banned from here, no.  Sounds pretty much like free speech to me.  

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Frankly, from a distance,  the Thai PM is not all bad. 

From a distance quite possibly, but simply having plenty of other 'leaders' around who are complete buffoons (the UK's, and two in a row in the US are impossible to beat) doesn't excuse anyone, here or anywhere else.

45 minutes ago, palooka said:

Europe, US and UK have those rights and voted those people into power, and they have the right to vote them out of power at the next election.  No one voted for Pnut except his mates.

Sorry to break it to you, but any British PM is only voted in by "his mates", not by parliament or by the electorate, and selection of candidates in the US is only by their "mates".

..... Thailand has a similar system for voting them out of power, at elections or before - no better, but no worse.

56 minutes ago, palooka said:

Thailand where you have to be careful what you say and to whom-- not have the right to speak critically,

Maybe you should say that to the two in the UK who've just been sentenced to ten years and four years for making racist and anti-semitic comments on the internet - rapists and murderers have got less.

I'm not defending the two of them in any way, nor am I defending the Thai PM, but if you're going to make comparisons with other countries then it helps if they have at least a veneer of validity.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinetree said:

What are you doing here if not being critical and having your say?  Are the Police at your door, no.  Are you banned from here, no.  Sounds pretty much like free speech to me.  

What? Ok then go in person and take a microphone and express your opinion. Why do you think all the protest leaders are detained. Never read such nonsense. May I ask you where you live? It seems not in Thailand. But now we know how serious we can take any comment of you it seams none.

14 minutes ago, Stardust said:

What? Ok then go in person and take a microphone and express your opinion. Why do you think all the protest leaders are detained. Never read such nonsense. May I ask you where you live? It seems not in Thailand. But now we know how serious we can take any comment of you it seams none.

Oh you again. Give it a rest mate, all your comments don't have to be sarcastic, or ill-informed. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, atiger said:

The only way to cleanup corruption in the Thai police is to introduce mandatory capital punishment for police corruption otherwise laws mean nothing as they're never enforced and the police will never be held accountable.

Who's going to arrest them? I darent ask who is going to execute them. 🤯

26 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Oh you again. Give it a rest mate, all your comments don't have to be sarcastic, or ill-informed. 

Your comments said it all there is no further discussion needed. Sure all are ill informed and all reports national and international. There is no further discussion needed , the only question is that people especially Thai people what is his intention behind his comments. Very suspicious for many now. 

37 minutes ago, atiger said:

The only way to cleanup corruption in the Thai police is to introduce mandatory capital punishment for police corruption otherwise laws mean nothing as they're never enforced and the police will never be held accountable.

Starts from the top.

I wont believe a word of it until I see guys in over tailored uniforms and peaked caps you could land a helicopter on pointing at something.

And lets not forget the glossy plastic posters of how they took down this dangerous criminal.