News Forum - Burmese junta drives car into protesters killing 5, injuring dozens

Thaiger

Burmese security forces drove a car into anti-coup protests in Yangon this morning killing 5 protesters and injuring dozens of others according to witnesses. The military forces arrested at least 15 protesters in the morning protests, and afternoon protests were carried out despite the carnage and arrests. Videos and photos that show the car ploughing into the crowd of protesters are circulating on social media. The opposition National Unity Government acting as a shadow government has expressed heartbreak about the violence that has seen more than 1,300 people killed in clashes with the military junta that overthrew the government on […]

The story Burmese junta drives car into protesters killing 5, injuring dozens as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

9 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I wonder how many people the 'opposition' have killed in cold blood? Must be up with the army surely.

While I doubt you have any reason to actually believe that, it doesn’t justify the action in question in any manner whatsoever. Sad on so many levels.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I wonder how many people the 'opposition' have killed in cold blood? Must be up with the army surely.

The reflective and historic results of civilising missions. 

George Orwell's Burmese Days might be a definitive read.

6 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

While I doubt you have any reason to actually believe that, it doesn’t justify the action in question in any manner whatsoever. Sad on so many levels.

Two sides to every story.

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

You are just trying to justify these killings , by pointing fingers are those who have been killed

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Typical attitude for a CCP clone.

• Like 5

There can be only one more debased regime than that in Myanmar and that is in China. Mind you the local version is a pretty sad example of a democratic government working for the betterment of the nation.

• Like 1

Dear Thaiger, 

This topic violates your own requirement for this section. Please delete.

Comment on Thailand news forums and discuss the latest news in Thailand posted on The Thaiger. Hot Topics: Covid19, Visas, Vaccinations, Sandbox and Tourism

11 hours ago, Poolie said:

Sure... and sometimes one side of the story being uniforms killing people, the other being people killed by uniforms.

• Like 1