News Forum - Woman who told PM Prayut to “retire quickly” claims police visited her

Thaiger

A woman who told PM Prayut Chan-o-cha to his face to “retire quickly” claims that police requested a meeting with her to discuss her offence. The incident took place on Wednesday when the prime minister visited Udon Thani and a group of well-wishers were welcoming him. Video of the day captured the interaction and caused a stir in media. The woman reported that police in Ban Dung district where the incident took place visited her home asking to meet with her to make an official record of the incident. She told them she had done nothing wrong and refused to […]

The story Woman who told PM Prayut to “retire quickly” claims police visited her as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Looks like the practice of "attitude adjustment" carried out in secret locations could soon be making a comeback. This so called government has never truly had the interests of the people at the forefront of their agenda and people are sick & tired of their non delivery on all fronts. Well done to that lady for having more "balls" than the whole of the cabinet put together

• Like 13

If you tell the Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Police - and to his face - to 'retire quickly', you can expect to be visited by one of 'his' policemen . . . in this country, any road.

Amazing thing is that this was the worst bit of critical comment caught on camera. There must have been scores of local Udon Thanis, just itching to tell him what they thought of him . . . but daren't, for fear of 'afters'!

• Like 6
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, anarchofarmer said:

I guess it's always considered an offense (by the powerful and their enforcers) to speak truth to power!

That's why they have their Las majest law to keep people from talking about them including the one that can't be named 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paddymeboy said:

Truth is a basic human right unless you live in a Dictatorship run country.

Well said, @Paddymeboyand welcome to Thaiger Talk!

I suspect that most posters will be supportive of that woman's candour . . . and her bravery too!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, yetanother said:

"The woman is a 28 year old noodle vendor from Udon Thani, and during the greeting of PM Prayut Chan-o-cha she got the chance to ask hin some straight-forward and pointed questions. The exchange captured on video saw the woman saying, “We need a lot of development. If you can’t do that, I’d like to ask you to retire quickly to allow others to perform the duties.”

The prime minister was caught off guard and simply responded, “what?” She repeated her question and he retorted telling her to check out the progress he’s made. She responded with a sarcastic joke.

“I know … I know. You told us to grow lemons and raise fish so we could sell lemons on Mars.”

==> that is hilarious, in a small way restores my faith that the general public here might actually have a clue

"

Sure they know it is just some posters on the forum here who want to sell you the opposite but they not understand any Thai but tell the people here what the Thais thinks and even say the Thais have the same opponion like these Clowns.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, yetanother said:

"The woman is a 28 year old noodle vendor from Udon Thani, and during the greeting of PM Prayut Chan-o-cha she got the chance to ask hin some straight-forward and pointed questions. The exchange captured on video saw the woman saying, “We need a lot of development. If you can’t do that, I’d like to ask you to retire quickly to allow others to perform the duties.”

The prime minister was caught off guard and simply responded, “what?” She repeated her question and he retorted telling her to check out the progress he’s made. She responded with a sarcastic joke.

“I know … I know. You told us to grow lemons and raise fish so we could sell lemons on Mars.”

==> that is hilarious, in a small way restores my faith that the general public here might actually have a clue

"

I believe that much more of an overwhelming percentage of the masses have a firm grasp than you might [or not] give them credit for. 

Next feat and photo op for her will be defiantly  standing down in front of all the junta tanks that come to get her.

Edited by JackMeOff
Correct statement
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, yetanother said:

"

4 hours ago, yetanother said:

"

The South Korean dictator just died yesterday. His loss in the 1987 Democratic election gave way to the economic and cultural miracle in the country. 

11 hours ago, yetanother said:

"

What a condescendant comment, the arrogant-white-man-syndrom in all its splendeur. No doubt that brave lady would have a go at you too if she could read your comment. And all the 1000s that have been protesting for so long now, including the ones who have done and will do some jail time for it. For once they could teach you a litlle about humility.

• Like 2