News Forum - Boeing’s Max 737 returns to Chinese skies

Thaiger

The beleaguered Boeing 737 Max will resume services in China next year after being certified as “airworthy” by the Civil Aviation Administration of China. The paperwork sets the stage for the accident-prone jet to return to China’s airline schedules following months of negotiations between Beijing and Boeing. The decision clears the way for 100s of the best-selling US-manufactured planes to be delivered to China, removing a major impediment for Boeing. Shares of Boeing rocketed after the announcement. CAAC announced on Friday that it “expects commercial operation of the existing domestic fleet will be resumed progressively at the end of this […]

The story Boeing’s Max 737 returns to Chinese skies as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ain't no way I fly in this plane or the 787. Boeing is utterly cynical about passenger safety and puts profit before anything else. The US FAA is totally discredited, has inadequate resources to police the industry and is subservient to Boeing. The 737 is a design from the 1960s that has been stretched way beyond its safe limits and now resembles nothing less than a hotrod Ford Anglia car that was modified by a crowd of teenagers. The 787 is subject to never ending manufacturing faults that currently means 100s of brand new planes need upgrades and modifications before they can be handed to customers. Any airline that wants to put me in one of these planes will not get my business.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Pompies said:

Ain't no way I fly in this plane or the 787. Boeing is utterly cynical about passenger safety and puts profit before anything else. The US FAA is totally discredited, has inadequate resources to police the industry and is subservient to Boeing. The 737 is a design from the 1960s that has been stretched way beyond its safe limits and now resembles nothing less than a hotrod Ford Anglia car that was modified by a crowd of teenagers. The 787 is subject to never ending manufacturing faults that currently means 100s of brand new planes need upgrades and modifications before they can be handed to customers. Any airline that wants to put me in one of these planes will not get my business.

Not a Boeing fan then?

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Pompies said:

How do you feel about the Sopwith Camel?

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

8 minutes ago, Poolie said:

How do you feel about the Sopwith Camel?

I don't think the bi-plane format is going to help Boeing in its current debacle . . . then again . . . ?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

I don't think the bi-plane format is going to help Boeing in its current debacle . . . then again . . . ?

Yeah, you never know. Doesnt pay to pre-judge.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Let's play a game called "Snoopy and the Red Baron", (hahaha)

That dog knows a thing or two about flying.  If you can fly a kennel, you can fly anything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

That dog knows a thing or two about flying.  If you can fly a kennel, you can fly anything. 

Of course you'd expect Snoopy to have the advantage in a dogfight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

and even if  it  did  go wrong it would be supressed anyway so youd  never  know

Obviously. It rains aeroplanes every day here. 😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pompies said:

Exactly how many crashes out of the millions of flight hours for 737 and 787?

Exactly. Your personal panic has nothing to do with the facts.

12 hours ago, TukTuk said:

Lighten up mate, its a bit of fun 

20 hours ago, TukTuk said:

I can't say I know much about the 787, though I have flown in one. But in terms of flight hours/crashes, the 737Max compares very unfavourably with earlier 737's.

On 12/5/2021 at 12:56 AM, Pompies said:

Boeing has long gotten away with whatever it wants to. 

Their secret: govt/military contractor. 

Connecting the dots?

4 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I can't say I know much about the 787, though I have flown in one. But in terms of flight hours/crashes, the 737Max compares very unfavourably with earlier 737's.

Incorrect John. More classic 737's have crashed throughout the years than the 737 Max.

58 minutes ago, TukTuk said:

Incorrect John. More classic 737's have crashed throughout the years than the 737 Max.

John is correct at this point in time.he stated flight hours to hull losses.2 hull losses with a relatively young fleet that is still low in numbers and flight hours is disastrous.

That's why the president of the United States demanded the aircraft was grounded immediately and it's certificate of airworthiness withdrawn.

I'm not aware of any other variant of the 737 ever being subjected to this level of direct government intervention.

1 hour ago, TukTuk said:

That is almost certainly true, but that's what I would expect to find in a variant that's been around for about 40 years. Especially if it is the most produced plane in it's class. How long how many Max versions were in service before it was grounded? The real figure that helps with this is "per capita".