News Forum - Omicron variant and surging Covid-19 affects European nations

Thaiger

7 hours ago, Stardust said:

Do you know Merkel isn't anymore in the Government?!

Yes, now she isnt. But take a look for yourself what she said before leaving.

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

There is no "maybe" - what you claimed was totally incorrect.

It isn't the media that's making "mischief", at least in this case.

So what you're saying is if Germany go down the mandatory road they won't pressure the smaller EU nations to do the same? Thanks for guaranteeing that to us all Frau Stonker. Much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Rangers said:

So what you're saying is if Germany go down the mandatory road they won't pressure the smaller EU nations to do the same? Thanks for guaranteeing that to us all Frau Stonker. Much appreciated. 

No, I'm not saying that at all.

Germany may well be able to "pressure the smaller EU nations to do the same", but not any countries that don't want to whether that's France, Spain, or any other EU country.

Your suggestion that "It won't be long till the EU make it mandatory so I'm glad we are out of that embarrassing organisation" was simply wrong, whatever your reason for making it was.

Trying to make up some other take on what you said (or I said) when the EU clearly doesn't have the authority to do so and Germany doesn't have the influence is, quite frankly, rather odd.

12 hours ago, riclag said:

The first OMI  in the USA was a vaxer ,because of them ,they brought the  variant  to California!

God forbid if they mixed with others ! 

And he probably got infected by an anti-vaxxer. Just two more reasons  why you should be kept separate from us. 

I've seen your posts where you oppose being discriminated against. I've said on numerous occasions and nobody has even argued the point, we have restrictions on smokers because of the risks associated with passive smoking. The effects of passive smoking take 20+ years to kill you. If it makes sense to protect the public from an event that might kill them 20 years into the future, it is sheer stupidity not isolate ourselves from someone that might kill us in next week.

By the way, to my embarrassment, I must admit to being a smoker of 55 years standing. I cannot think of any reason why people should not be protected from my inability or refusal to stop.

57 minutes ago, Stonker said:

No, I'm not saying that at all.

Germany may well be able to "pressure the smaller EU nations to do the same", but not any countries that don't want to whether that's France, Spain, or any other EU country.

Your suggestion that "It won't be long till the EU make it mandatory so I'm glad we are out of that embarrassing organisation" was simply wrong, whatever your reason for making it was.

Trying to make up some other take on what you said (or I said) when the EU clearly doesn't have the authority to do so and Germany doesn't have the influence is, quite frankly, rather odd.

Stonker loves an argument I see. Opinions are like a*seholes my friend, everyone has one. We dont all have to agree with yours. Enjoy your day. 

40 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

And he probably got infected by an anti-vaxxer. Just two more reasons  why you should be kept separate from us.

A disgusting unfounded accusation! You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.  😠

16 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Stonker loves an argument I see. Opinions are like a*seholes my friend, everyone has one. We dont all have to agree with yours. Enjoy your day. 

I'm not giving any opinion, apart from on how odd your fixation with this is, and there's nothing to "agree" or disagree with.

You were simply 100% wrong with what you claimed, and then 100% wrong about the FT confirming what you said -  instead it confirmed that what you'd said was wrong.

Bizarre 😕.

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

The likelihood of being infected and transmissible by an unvaxxed individual more so than a fully vaxxed one has been easily dismissed by science. The science also suggest that the unvaxxed individual is not guaranteed to become severely/fatally ill. 

Edited by Smithydog
Reply comment accidently typed in quote box

3 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

A disgusting unfounded accusation! You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.  😠

Do you know any different? If you do know the circumstances, I'd be glad to apologise. But the evidence is in most cases, that the vaxxed who are infected, can usually trace the route of infection to someone who was unvaxxed, or someone who was vaxxed but caught it from an unvaxxed person.

Your apparent outrage reminds me of the story of the woman who visited her doctor who told her she had gonorrhoea. The woman was extremely embarrassed to hear this and told the Doc, she couldn't understand how this could have happened because she was a "good girl". She suggested that maybe she caught it off a toilet seat? The doc asked her if she'd been biting the toilet seat, because the infection was in her gums?

Maybe the patient you and @riclagare both referencing caught it from a toilet seat? Who knows? But I doubt it. Now I will await the incoming sad emoji that your oppo always attaches to my post.

2 hours ago, Rain said:

The likelihood of being infected and transmissible by an unvaxxed individual more so than a fully vaxxed one has been easily dismissed by science. The science also suggest that the unvaxxed individual is not guaranteed to become severely/fatally ill. 

Source please for your first assertion. I've read different in two highly respected journals, "The Lancet" and "Nature".

Regarding the second, that skirts around the well established knowledge, that the vaxxed when infected have better outcomes including reduced mortality, and faster recoveries.

"Russia yet, the continued Covid-19 statistics are troublesome, with the country already suffering more than 575,000 Covid-19 deaths."  Check your stats. I believe Russia is below 300k?