Jump to content

News Forum - Australia, Asia, and Africa deal with the Covid-19 Omicron variant


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

With Omicron spreading around the world, many countries are seeing the new variant spread, as well as Covid-19 in general on the rise. Here are some updates from around Australasia and Africa: AUSTRALIA 13 cases of Omicron have been identified in a cluster in Sydney after finding the first infection just Friday, with another suspected infection in Queensland. Australia is very concerned about the emerging variant, but they have decided against any border closings after just recently finally reopening their borders to international travellers. Premier Steven Marshall announced yesterday that the country will take proactive measures of doubling quarantine periods […]

The story Australia, Asia, and Africa deal with the Covid-19 Omicron variant as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a footnote to this story as it refers to Australia. Mark McGowan is the premier of the state of South Australia and his responsibility is to that state only. He is not the Prime Minister of Australia. So Mr McGowan's statements only refer to the State of South Australia and NOT to the whole of the country. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just a footnote to this story as it refers to Australia. Mark McGowan is the premier of the state of South Australia and his responsibility is to that state only. He is not the Prime Minister of Australia. So Mr McGowan's statements only refer to the State of South Australia and NOT to the whole of the country. 

Don't you mean Western Australia for Mark McGowan.😁

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, palooka said:

Don't you mean Western Australia for Mark McGowan.😁

And who cares for either State - 80+% of people on East Coast - NSW, VIC and QLD.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seriously does Thaiger have any proof readers?

Australia is not doubling quarantine times for international arrivals , it is only South Australia who are doubling

Gotta laugh at Thaiger ever since Tim said that the rainy season had ended in Phuket on his boat trip AD many weeks ago , I don't believe anything on Thaiger anymore ( ha ha ) 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KOONUNG said:

Seriously does Thaiger have any proof readers?

Australia is not doubling quarantine times for international arrivals , it is only South Australia who are doubling

Gotta laugh at Thaiger ever since Tim said that the rainy season had ended in Phuket on his boat trip AD many weeks ago , I don't believe anything on Thaiger anymore ( ha ha ) 

Valid question - and comments, too! - @KOONUNGand your debut post, too! Let me welcome you to Thaiger Talk, since I doubt if you'll be getting one from your aforementioned friend 😏.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Steven Marshall is the Premier of the State of South Australia and it is only South Australia who are doubling the quarantine period.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you need to be fully vaccinated to enter the country and be taken to a quarantine facility, and show a negative PCR test to leave the quarantine facility, and yet the Omicron variant still made its way in, but we're still blaming the unvaccinated?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

So you need to be fully vaccinated to enter the country and be taken to a quarantine facility, and show a negative PCR test to leave the quarantine facility, and yet the Omicron variant still made its way in, but we're still blaming the unvaccinated?

Dutch authorities say that 'around 90%' of the 62 passengers from the South-Africa flights that tested positive for covid-19 were fully vaccinated, and that ALL 14 that tested positive for Omicron had taken the shots.    And mind you only 25% of South-Africa's population has been fully vaccinated...

Here the link to the article > https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/dutch-covid-19-quarantine-ends-most-safrica-passengers-authorities-2021-12-02/

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

With Omicron spreading around the world, many countries are seeing the new variant spread, as well as Covid-19 in general on the rise. Here are some updates from around Australasia and Africa: AUSTRALIA 13 cases of Omicron have been identified in a cluster in Sydney after finding the first infection just Friday, with another suspected infection in Queensland. Australia is very concerned about the emerging variant, but they have decided against any border closings after just recently finally reopening their borders to international travellers. Premier Steven Marshall announced yesterday that the country will take proactive measures of doubling quarantine periods […]

The story Australia, Asia, and Africa deal with the Covid-19 Omicron variant as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So interesting this virus can spread so easily with arrivals detected in airports and within quarantine. Could it be that many are developing this virus as they board the flight or when they come into the many countries. Is there something wrong with the PCR test taken prior to embarkation? The truth is out there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use