Jump to content

Demonstration in BKK against Vaccine Passports and Mandatory Vaccination


HighSo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today there was a demonstration against the COVID Vaccine Passports and the Mandatory Vaccination in Bangkok.

Why The Thaiger always report about demonstrations against the Thai Government, but did not reported on that?

There are huge demonstrations going on worldwide, nothing of this is covered here. But not even the local one?

I would love to see a report on that from The Thaiger on the page. I can provide pictures if you weren’t there.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HighSo said:

Today there was a demonstration against the COVID Vaccine Passports and the Mandatory Vaccination in Bangkok.

Why The Thaiger always report about demonstrations against the Thai Government, but did not reported on that?

There are huge demonstrations going on worldwide, nothing of this is covered here. But not even the local one?

I would love to see a report on that from The Thaiger on the page. I can provide pictures if you weren’t there.

Voice TV is the one to watch for news and current issues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

Voice TV is the one to watch for news and current issues

An excellent source. 

As there are quite a few other Thai "alternative" news/info sources that are extremely worthy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, HighSo said:

Today there was a demonstration against the COVID Vaccine Passports and the Mandatory Vaccination in Bangkok.

...

Thanks for reporting it.  It looks like I missed the news about Thailands plans/roll-out of mandatory vaccination.  Or were they demonstrating against Austria/Germany's plans? 

Would be grateful when you or other TT-members could post one or more links about Thailand re that particular subject. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I do not think vaccines should be compulsory. 

Vaccine passports, on the other hand, for access to public places is fair enough. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Personally I do not think vaccines should be compulsory. 

Vaccine passports, on the other hand, for access to public places is fair enough. 

I think you will see this happening worldwide - limited access to unvaccinated people - while ever the pandemic continues to infect and kill people in big numbers.  Once the pandemic slows down/stops then these limitations will be mostly removed. But I can see them staying in place for things like airline trips and old people's nursing homes etc. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I think you will see this happening worldwide - limited access to unvaccinated people - while ever the pandemic continues to infect and kill people in big numbers.  Once the pandemic slows down/stops then these limitations will be mostly removed. But I can see them staying in place for things like airline trips and old people's nursing homes etc. 

It may come sooner as omicron may be resistant to vaccination. Ironically sinovac seems to show promise (I couldn't believe it either), however as people that have recovered from the new strain in South Africa indicate that its more like 2 to 3 days of having a really bad hangover.

Still nothing solid just yet and the next few weeks will reveal all but if this strain becomes the dominant variant and eliminates delta then there is hope that the pandemic is winding down. Optimistic outlook but possible. Fingers crossed.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Thanks for reporting it.  It looks like I missed the news about Thailands plans/roll-out of mandatory vaccination.  Or were they demonstrating against Austria/Germany's plans? 

Would be grateful when you or other TT-members could post one or more links about Thailand re that particular subject. 


Well, the mother of my girlfriend and her sister both lost their jobs because they refused to be vaccinated. Now their family is struggling like never before and they don’t know how to survive anymore. 

I know of several cases like that. Where we live here, many people didn’t want to get vaccinated, but were being told “Get vaccinated or otherwise you cannot open your hotel/restaurant anymore”.

So this is not mandatory or what? Furthermore Thailand already announced that they think of implementing mandatory vaccination in general as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HighSo said:


Well, the mother of my girlfriend and her sister both lost their jobs because they refused to be vaccinated. Now their family is struggling like never before and they don’t know how to survive anymore. 

I know of several cases like that. Where we live here, many people didn’t want to get vaccinated, but were being told “Get vaccinated or otherwise you cannot open your hotel/restaurant anymore”.

So this is not mandatory or what? Furthermore Thailand already announced that they think of implementing mandatory vaccination in general as well.

Thanks for response. Some on this Forum have argued that vaccination is not mandatory (yet) in Thailand, but that it is a choice to stay unvaccinated and that such choice has consequences.  But for those that depend on their salary/earnings for their living expenses, a 'no jab, no job' policy DOES equal a mandate. 

70% of the total Thai population has already received one jab, and +60% are fully vaccinated.  But at almost 95 million vaccines administered, the Health Authorities have not yet achieved the stated (arbitrary) goal of 100 million vaccines.  And with Omicron possibly becoming the dominant covid-variant it is not even clear yet whether the vaccines that are currently administered will provide any protection (which is short-lived anyway). 

So good to hear that at least there are also some dissident voices in Thailand protesting against mandatory vaccination and vax-passports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is not a choice if you are being blackmailed, coerced and locked out of society and your job.

Everyone who are still arguing all this would be voluntarily must lie to themselves because of a huge cognitive dissonance in their mind.

I know NO ONE who got vaccinated because they were scared of any virus. ALL of my vaccinated friends did it to “get their freedom back” after it was being stolen by the governments. One of them died (48 years old male), another lost her child (26 years old woman). Others still have, sometimes severe, side-effects since their vaccination.

Someone is taking something away from you and telling you, that you need to do this and that to get it back. This is the definition of blackmailing.

Edited by HighSo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As to "Vaccine passports", personally I am vaccinated, carry my certificate with my passport and follow the rules. But now with over 4 weeks having passed since being fully vaccinated and getting my certificate, I have yet to been asked by anyone to see my certificate and that includes multiple visits to a hospital and some government departments.

My wife has been vaccinated far longer and I know she hasn't been asked as her certificate is sitting in my desk drawer and wasn't even aware she could put it on her phone! Many don't even now require a "sign in" and many don't check your temperature, which is still supposedly still a  "condition of entry" in many areas

And that highlights the problem with making rules that are difficult to enforce or which can simply be ignored. They look good on paper and intentions sound but in actual practice often end up being no use for the intention the were designed for. I know that sounds cynical to a degree, however we have already seen it and continue to see it with other "rules".

Take for example checking in at premises. People have grown weary of the need to do so. For sure, there will always be people seeing the need and doing it because they think it is right. But sit outside a shop or small business and see how often people actually do it.

I can see businesses asking for proof of vaccination to go the same way as it will not be practical to enforce and usual human behaviour will be to "forget" the asking. Sure, some drilled in documentation, like airlines asking for ID, will do it. But for most it is will almost be like a passing fad in some areas and in others the only ones asking will be the newest employees who have been drilled into the actual rules but haven't yet learnt what the business really does! 😏

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

As to "Vaccine passports", personally I am vaccinated, carry my certificate with my passport and follow the rules. But now with over 4 weeks having passed since being fully vaccinated and getting my certificate, I have yet to been asked by anyone to see my certificate and that includes multiple visits to a hospital and some government departments.

My wife has been vaccinated far longer and I know she hasn't been asked as her certificate is sitting in my desk drawer and wasn't even aware she could put it on her phone! Many don't even now require a "sign in" and many don't check your temperature, which is still supposedly still a  "condition of entry" in many areas

And that highlights the problem with making rules that are difficult to enforce or which can simply be ignored. They look good on paper and intentions sound but in actual practice often end up being no use for the intention the were designed for. I know that sounds cynical to a degree, however we have already seen it and continue to see it with other "rules".

Take for example checking in at premises. People have grown weary of the need to do so. For sure, there will always be people seeing the need and doing it because they think it is right. But sit outside a shop or small business and see how often people actually do it.

I can see businesses asking for proof of vaccination to go the same way as it will not be practical to enforce and usual human behaviour will be to "forget" the asking. Sure, some drilled in documentation, like airlines asking for ID, will do it. But for most it is will almost be like a passing fad in some areas and in others the only ones asking will be the newest employees who have been drilled into the actual rules but haven't yet learnt what the business really does! 😏


Well, this is actually good news. I was asked three times for my vaccine passport already, always said I do not have one, got into smaller to bigger troubles.
One time they asked me to do an ATK-test on spot to board the boat to my home island. I refused three times and told them I have the right to go back to my home. They let me go, but very stressful.

Because I think no matter how do anyone think about the vaccination itself, I think the digital vaccination passport and soon digital currencies is something that we all should disobey. We should not give the governments power in an “emergency situation” to put us in a digital prison, they will never let us out anymore.

In Sweden the first 1000s of people are already putting a microchip in their skin, with their digital wallet and their digital Vaccination Certificate on it. Voluntarily 🤦‍♂️ 
 

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/facing-covid-passport-mandate-more-swedes-get-microchip-implants/2436048

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, gummy said:

Some interesting arguments here  both for an against;

Mandatory vaccinations: Three reasons for and against - BBC News

The first argument is that is saves lives. I disagree already. I know one person who died from the vaccine, another person who lost her child from the vaccine and several persons with mild to severe side-effects from the vaccine.

None of these were ever reported to any vaccination side-effect database, by the way.

Until today I do not know anyone who got really sick from this Coronavirus, not even talking about dying.


And the third argument. What would end lockdowns is just stopping to impose them. Simple as that. Look at Africa, it works.
And please do not tell me about Omicron, it was obvious that the next step would be blaming the unvaccinated for creating new variants that will get back to the vaccinated. I called this in March 2020 already.

So the vaccinated will not hate their governments for stealing their freedom, but instead will turn on the unvaccinated. If this continues, I can see civil-war-like scenarios incoming, because the vaccinated will hunt down the unvaccinated and they surely will fight back.

In the end we all want the good.
People who believe mainstream-media and the governments want to get vaccinated because they think it protect themselves and others. They obey, because they think normal will come back this way.
People who doesn’t believe mainstream-media and the government don’t want to get vaccinated because they think it protects them and others from the bad “side-effects” of vaccination and the dystopian digital dictatorship that’s coming along with it. They disobey, because they think normal will never come back while obeying, just the “new normal”

We are all brothers and sisters. I am convinced very powerful people are laughing their asses of right now, while we fight each other instead of them. Just my personal opinion :)

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HighSo said:

The first argument is that is saves lives. I disagree already. I know one person who died from the vaccine, another person who lost her child from the vaccine and several persons with mild to severe side-effects from the vaccine.

None of these were ever reported to any vaccination side-effect database, by the way.

Until today I do not know anyone who got really sick from this Coronavirus, not even talking about dying.


And the third argument. What would end lockdowns is just stopping to impose them. Simple as that. Look at Africa, it works.
And please do not tell me about Omicron, it was obvious that the next step would be blaming the unvaccinated for creating new variants that will get back to the vaccinated. I called this in March 2020 already.

So the vaccinated will not hate their governments for stealing their freedom, but instead will turn on the unvaccinated. If this continues, I can see civil-war-like scenarios incoming, because the vaccinated will hunt down the unvaccinated and they surely will fight back.

In the end we all want the good.
People who believe mainstream-media and the governments want to get vaccinated because they think it protect themselves and others. They obey, because they think normal will come back this way.
People who doesn’t believe mainstream-media and the government don’t want to get vaccinated because they think it protects them and others from the bad “side-effects” of vaccination and the dystopian digital dictatorship that’s coming along with it. They disobey, because they think normal will never come back while obeying, just the “new normal”

We are all brothers and sisters. I am convinced very powerful people are laughing their asses of right now, while we fight each other instead of them. Just my personal opinion :)

 

If you truly (and personally) know that many people with severe vaccine reactions (as in "death") you either must know an awful lot of people or it's a case of bad luck (some might call it bad karma).

I'd normally support this kind of statement using statistical arguments, but your by-the-way-comment leads me to believe you'd be quick to dismiss the validity of the numbers I'd bring to the party.
So on this rare occasion, I'll adopt your style of reasoning by also providing a personal anecdote:

All of the people I know who had Covid experienced fairly severe symptoms (they were all the same: being bedbound with high fevers for about 2 weeks and olfactory problems, followed by several months of debilitating fatigue).

All of the people I know who have been vaccinated experienced hardly any symptoms (like just feeling mildly uncomfortable for a couple of days).
 

 

Edited by Chatogaster
typo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chatogaster said:

If you truly (and personally) know that many people with severe vaccine reactions (as in "death") you either must know an awful lot of people or it's a case of bad luck (some might call it bad karma).

I'd normally support this kind of statement using statistical arguments, but your by-the-way-comment leads me to believe you'd be quick to dismiss the validity of the numbers I'd bring to the party.
So on this rare occasion, I'll adopt your style of reasoning by also providing a personal anecdote:

All of the people I know who had Covid experienced fairly severe symptoms (they were all the same: being bedbound with high fevers for about 2 weeks and olfactory problems, followed by several months of debilitating fatigue).

All of the people I know who have been vaccinated experienced hardly any symptoms (like just feeling mildly uncomfortable for a couple of days).
 

I can imagine that it’s hard to believe.

No, I don’t know a lot of people. I actually do not have many friends as a “crazy conspiracy-theorist” 🙃

All the friends of my father who got vaccinated had no bad side-effects either. And he knows more than 10 people who got vaccinated, all no big issues.

While on the other hand, the sister AND a friend of the mother of my best friend both has severe side-effects, the friend of the mother actually just fckn died, the sister have problems with her eyes, migraine and problems with her joints since the shots.

But all of us don’t know anyone who got really bad sick from Coronavirus. Not one. Most people do not know any cases at all. Just asymptotic because being tested. And that is the truth and honestly, otherwise I would not tell that. 

But I believe it exists, because I am sure I had it. I was in Samui during December 2019 and January 2020. My girlfriend worked at the reception of a hotel there. They had a family visiting the Hotel with sickness symptoms coming from Wuhan. Shortly after that all got sick. The whole staff at the reception including my girlfriend. And me.

And I need to admit, usually I never really get sick but this time I got sick. Kinda high fever, 39.4 was the max. Shortness of breath. But I treated it naturally without knowing what it is at the time, and fever was gone after 36 hrs and I was just feeling bad for 4-5 days. Lost my sense of smell and taste for a good week.

I once had a more severe sickness 5 years ago, where I had high fever for a week and were not able to leave the bed. 
So without all the media panic, I would’ve never even thought about any deadly pandemic, just a stronger flu.

 

So I am not denying Corona, but I need to admit if I didn’t had it myself I probably would deny it. Just because it doesn’t seem like the highly deadly pandemic how they call it in the media. And because I personally know more people with bad side effects from the vaccine than from the disease.

And most importantly, I will never ever obey the digital prison that is being forced on us right now. Never. Politicians in the world never cared about us, suddenly all of them do? They just want more control. They are using this to implement digital vaccination cards and digital currencies. And once it’s there, it will never go away anymore. I don’t want to be tracked with QR-Codes everywhere. I don’t want to be forced to inject anything, because actually I am a strong anti-vaxxer. And I want to pay cash. 

Edited by HighSo
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Thanks for response. Some on this Forum have argued that vaccination is not mandatory (yet) in Thailand, but that it is a choice to stay unvaccinated and that such choice has consequences.  But for those that depend on their salary/earnings for their living expenses, a 'no jab, no job' policy DOES equal a mandate. 

70% of the total Thai population has already received one jab, and +60% are fully vaccinated.  But at almost 95 million vaccines administered, the Health Authorities have not yet achieved the stated (arbitrary) goal of 100 million vaccines.  And with Omicron possibly becoming the dominant covid-variant it is not even clear yet whether the vaccines that are currently administered will provide any protection (which is short-lived anyway). 

So good to hear that at least there are also some dissident voices in Thailand protesting against mandatory vaccination and vax-passports.

No. It means that if you decide to not get vaccinated you have to deal with the consequences of that CHOICE.

If your current job depends on being vaccinated then either get one or get a different job. You are still not being forced to get a vaccine you are simply no longer able to do certain jobs.

Oddly enough my application to become Pope was rejected on the grounds I am not a Catholic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No. It means that if you decide to not get vaccinated you have to deal with the consequences of that CHOICE

 

5l6lbg.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2021 at 11:18 PM, HighSo said:

Today there was a demonstration against the COVID Vaccine Passports and the Mandatory Vaccination in Bangkok.

Why The Thaiger always report about demonstrations against the Thai Government, but did not reported on that?

There are huge demonstrations going on worldwide, nothing of this is covered here. But not even the local one?

I would love to see a report on that from The Thaiger on the page. I can provide pictures if you weren’t there.

Idiots one and all. 

  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Unfortunately. 

I disagree. Forcing vaccination is the thin end of the wedge (or could be).

Can you think of any other vaccination you are required by law to have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I disagree. Forcing vaccination is the thin end of the wedge (or could be).

Can you think of any other vaccination you are required by law to have?

Good job we didn't have that attitude to Smallpox, Polio and Diphtheria isn't it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use