News Forum - Chon Buri and Pattaya bar scene get good news, but at what cost?

Thaiger

31 minutes ago, Rangers said:

I've had covid, think most people probably have. You probably assumed it was a cold, like I did. 

I had 2 siblings in ICU

One on a ventilator for 19 days 

Both still very effected by year a year and months after 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I had 2 siblings in ICU

One on a ventilator for 19 days 

Both still very effected by year a year and months after 

Everyone is different. I understand that but if you're fit, healthy, with a normal BMI and immune system then the chances are it will be nothing more than a flu. All you can do is get vaccinated and get on with your life. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TukTuk said:

It's only nonsense until YOU catch Covid!

and then for  most it  is  stilll  nonsense as  asymptomatic

3 hours ago, Rangers said:

Everyone is different. I understand that but if you're fit, healthy, with a normal BMI and immune system then the chances are it will be nothing more than a flu. All you can do is get vaccinated and get on with your life. 

Again, not true at all

That all gives you a better chance 

But it's not even close to the flu

My brother was a very fit 55yr old

He almost died and it has aged him like 15 years

A co-workers 21yr old daughter had it but didn't need to be hospitalized

She's been sick off and on for a year now

It's not the flu for many people

That being said

I agree that if you are fit and healthy and vaccinated you should live your life and follow precautions 

That's what my wife and I do

• Like 1

Too little too late, for Pattaya at least. It’s only alcohol in restaurants for certain hours. Yes a lot of bars will start selling food, but it’s not the same. Nightlife in general is still not open and thats why the majority of tourists come to Pattaya. It’s also too late in the season to generate a wave before high season is over. It’s a start, and it will help, but it’s not a cure for Pattaya’s woes. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, gummy said:

There are some non Thais on here who appear to still be living in caves, or at least have a stone age mentality coupled with an Amish sense of pomposity.

How would contracting the virus actually effect you though ?

Would it mean that you would be whisked off the hospital quarantine for 14 days at a cost of 250 000 Baht if  you test positive when arranging international air travel ?

Would it mean that your kids school gets closed down for two weeks if they also test positive when they take their regular tests ?

Would your Wife have to take two weeks off work if she also tests positive ?

Are you still travelling inter province regularly ?

Are you still tying to live a normal  life and also taking precautions to protect yourself and others or did you live a cave like existence even before the virus emerged ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Again, not true at all

That all gives you a better chance 

But it's not even close to the flu

My brother was a very fit 55yr old

He almost died and it has aged him like 15 years

A co-workers 21yr old daughter had it but didn't need to be hospitalized

She's been sick off and on for a year now

It's not the flu for many people

That being said

I agree that if you are fit and healthy and vaccinated you should live your life and follow precautions 

That's what my wife and I do

You are correct. Vaccination help but isn't the absolute answer.  Everyone needs to take all precautions such as social distancing, hand sanitation,  and masks. Hopefully it will die down or our immunity will increase to a point the problem will go away. One shouldn't minimize  ⁰

I am not sure to understand the logic behind the alcohol thingy ....... covid sprays cause of peoples getting close to each other, drinking or not, there is not half measure to stop the spray, lockdown is the solution till covid is gone. U don t re-open if u r not sure covid is eradicated. The way they do things covid is there for sometime more. Yep it s hurt , but look since they can not properly contain the virus they do postpone again and again the re-opening of everything. soon or latter they ll close all again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TukTuk said:

It's only nonsense until YOU catch Covid!

...or gets hit by a car, bitten by a snake, fall of a cliff, leg gets blown up by a bomb....forgetting anything??? oh yeah, gets infected by cancer or any other of XYZ amount of menacing surprises, all of us risks by living!

So the real conclusion all of us need to make, ask the question; do I want to life the best life I can possibly can and take on the difficulties when [IF] they appear OR do I want to live a life where I am scarred of something might happen, because it might.

Nuff said

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Fluke said:

Yes , great timing , opening up just when many other Countries are closing down again due to the new variant .

Pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants can still open, indoors and outdoors, in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

12 hours ago, TukTuk said:

Just because the nightlife is open, is no guarantee tourists will come to Thailand right now.

Rules and regulations continuously change in every country around the world.

Biden is trying to pass a new rule a test is required within 24 hours prior to any international flights.

I think Thailand is delusional thinking millions of tourist want to rush to get there.

People all over the world have their own issues and financial issues more important than traveling to Thailand.

Wishful thinking.

Nightlife is open? 555

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ted said:

...or gets hit by a car, bitten by a snake, fall of a cliff, leg gets blown up by a bomb....forgetting anything??? oh yeah, gets infected by cancer or any other of XYZ amount of menacing surprises, all of us risks by living!

So the real conclusion all of us need to make, ask the question; do I want to life the best life I can possibly can and take on the difficulties when [IF] they appear OR do I want to live a life where I am scarred of something might happen, because it might.

Nuff said

Yes, be free , live life as you want , no need to look when  crossing roads, just run straight across where and when you like without bothering to look in either direction, because when your times up its up and there's nothing you can do about it .

Walking through jungles and forests and treading in venomous snakes is my hobby

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

27 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Yes, be free , live life as you want , no need to look when  crossing roads, just run straight across where and when you like without bothering to look in either direction, because when your times up its up and there's nothing you can do about it .

Walking through jungles and forests and treading in venomous snakes is my hobby

On your way out to take pleasure in your hobby too enjoy the serenity of wilderness [that doesn't infect the rest of the world's standard of living] don't forget, though, sometimes it doesn't matter that you do all the correct things ... shit can still happen, a Ferrari on its maiden ride might hit you whilst crossing the curvy wilderness road .... 

Really doesn't matter, 1:st it's viruses nature not to be more lethal as they mutate [as killing your host, isn't helpful getting it spread] 2:nd as the worlds politicians can't afford to scare up people [again] so if I'd ask my crystal ball, I can see Omicron will not start a new big wave of lockdowns, ie. 2020 living...just wait and see

• Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Ted said:

On your way out to take pleasure in your hobby too enjoy the serenity of wilderness [that doesn't infect the rest of the world's standard of living] don't forget, though, sometimes it doesn't matter that you do all the correct things ... shit can still happen, a Ferrari on its maiden ride might hit you whilst crossing the curvy wilderness road .... 

Really doesn't matter, 1:st it's viruses nature not to be more lethal as they mutate [as killing your host, isn't helpful getting it spread] 2:nd as the worlds politicians can't afford to scare up people [again] so if I'd ask my crystal ball, I can see Omicron will not start a new big wave of lockdowns, ie. 2020 living...just wait and see

Yes, anyone could get hit by a car and killed any time , but  the chances of you getting hit by a car decrease with the more caution that you take .

Its quite a Buddhist  kind of mentality to have , * If its going to happen its going to happen , so don't care about anything  and just do whatever you want with no care in the World or any concerns about the consequences of your actions *

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

On 12/5/2021 at 12:31 AM, TheDirtyDurian said:

Disgraceful. This could mean that people just hang around eating and drinking all day. 

A bad day for Thailand. 

bad for you, good for Thailand... 

3 hours ago, ConsoleCowboy said:

bad for you, good for Thailand... 

I beg to differ. I won't be the one getting fat, hungover, liver, and heart disease....😆👍🏼🇹🇭💗

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I beg to differ. I won't be the one getting fat, hungover, liver, and heart disease....😆👍🏼🇹🇭💗

Good for you mate. I am genuinely pleased to hear that you are at minimal risk from those conditions occurring. Well done.

Of course you will also be happy for the rest of us to tut tut and disparage you should you get knocked off your bicycle or indeed break your leg while out perusing your healthy lifestyle.

Now personally I do not sit in a bar all day and I am not overweight but I would never judge those who do or are. 

I cannot abide people who stand upon their lofty pedestals casting asperations about other peoples choices. What ever happened to live and let live? So what if some guys getting into their twilight years elect to live such a lifestyle? They obviously earned that right.

Please save us the sanctimonious lectures.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Good for you mate. I am genuinely pleased to hear that you are at minimal risk from those conditions occurring. Well done.

Of course you will also be happy for the rest of us to tut tut and disparage you should you get knocked off your bicycle or indeed break your leg while out perusing your healthy lifestyle.

Now personally I do not sit in a bar all day and I am not overweight but I would never judge those who do or are. 

I cannot abide people who stand upon their lofty pedestals casting asperations about other peoples choices. What ever happened to live and let live? So what if some guys getting into their twilight years elect to live such a lifestyle? They obviously earned that right.

Please save us the sanctimonious lectures.

Cheers. You've made my day there! 🍺