News Forum - Chon Buri and Pattaya bar scene get good news, but at what cost?

Thaiger

The reality is that many ‘bars’ will rush to achieve certification as an SHA+ approved ‘restaurant’. The songwriters in Pattaya will be busy making new ‘restaurant’ signs as hundreds of bars vie to open up, serving food, so they can serve alcohol and get their businesses going again. It’s all strings and mirrors but an advancement for the seaside party town’s entertainment lockdown that’s lingered longer than other tourists areas in the country during Thailand’s tourism ‘reopening’. New orders, announced yesterday, say that alcohol sales and drinks will now be allowed in the Chon Buri province, including Pattaya and Bang Lamung, […]

The story Chon Buri and Pattaya bar scene get good news, but at what cost? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The songwriters in Pattaya

16 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

It’s all strings and mirrors

Songwriters , strings and mirrors .! Has someone been toking a bit of Anutins ganja before writting this .. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

You should try to contact Lisa Hamilton, she has been leading the efforts with the Thai business owners in Pattaya and Jomtien. She is the owner of Lisa's Guest house in Jomtien

Good Luck to the people of Pattaya, hopefully they can get back to normality and earn a living again. They deserve some luck. This nonsense has went on long enough. 

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

43 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Songwriters , strings and mirrors .! Has someone been toking a bit of Anutins ganja before writting this .. 

If he was then he would be as sober as before he started.

"If what’s happened in Phuket in recent months, is any indication, then there will be a level of ‘accommodation’ provided by officials who understand that some tourists are wanting a normalisation of Thailand’s nightlife before going to the effort of booking expensive flights and going through the Thailand Pass process."

So, the standard Thai policy of...

"Open if Necessary but don't Necessarily Open"

I, generally speaking, like it when people follow the rules, but can you really blame the Thai people for NOT following them when it is this kind of idiocy?

Perhaps a good addendum to this policy is...

"A Government Official Necessarily Needs a Brain, but a Thai Government Official Doesn't Necessarily Need a Brain".

Good Luck, Patts, you're going to need it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Screenshot_20210920-112223_Gallery.thumb.jpg.aa018d9ad1b59da591a8f46cefb9b782.jpg

No more Alcohol for ever what a marvellous plan....😉

It reminds me of my wife saying I shall switch off my smart phone when there is outside a thunderstorm and wait til its over or I get hit by a thunder.

• Haha 10

38 minutes ago, kmc said:

Should hide in cave until covid zero.  If our ancestors were more like you we'd still be living in caves — LOL!

There are some non Thais on here who appear to still be living in caves, or at least have a stone age mentality coupled with an Amish sense of pomposity.

1 minute ago, gummy said:

There are some non Thais on here who appear to still be living in caves, or at least have a stone age mentality coupled with an Amish sense of pomposity.

Nicely and diplomatically said, Gummy. 🤫

Wouldn't want to ruffle any of those numerous sensitive feathers here, would we? 😇

Cheers!!

1 minute ago, bb54 said:

Also...Chiang Mai to serve drinks with food from Monday, Hua Hin from today.

Great news and about time

Yes , great timing , opening up just when many other Countries are closing down again due to the new variant .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delboy said:

Really great news for Pattaya , considering all the other businesses that will benefit from more tourist. 

I welcome your enthusiasm, but as I read this, I think it only applies to restos. I expect to see a roaring trade for delivery drivers from say, MacDonald's, to Girly Bars which will become restos overnight.

If it is genuinely restricted to bona fide restos, I don't see it making a lot of difference. I was there when the first lockdown occurred, and though it was possible to buy booze in restos for some time after it began, the lack of bars meant that many people cut short their holiday.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Yes , great timing , opening up just when many other Countries are closing down again due to the new variant .

Many other countries were already shutting down before the new variant was mentioned. Most of those who have responded to the new variant have placed restrictions on source countries.

7 hours ago, Rangers said:

Good Luck to the people of Pattaya, hopefully they can get back to normality and earn a living again. They deserve some luck. This nonsense has went on long enough. 

It's only nonsense until YOU catch Covid!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just because the nightlife is open, is no guarantee tourists will come to Thailand right now.

Rules and regulations continuously change in every country around the world.

Biden is trying to pass a new rule a test is required within 24 hours prior to any international flights.

I think Thailand is delusional thinking millions of tourist want to rush to get there.

People all over the world have their own issues and financial issues more important than traveling to Thailand.

Wishful thinking.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TukTuk said:

It's only nonsense until YOU catch Covid!

I've had covid, think most people probably have. You probably assumed it was a cold, like I did. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TukTuk said:

Just because the nightlife is open, is no guarantee tourists will come to Thailand right now.

Rules and regulations continuously change in every country around the world.

Biden is trying to pass a new rule a test is required within 24 hours prior to any international flights.

I think Thailand is delusional thinking millions of tourist want to rush to get there.

People all over the world have their own issues and financial issues more important than traveling to Thailand.

Wishful thinking.

Biden has implemented the testing 1 day before departure(actually doesn't need to be 24hrs )

But what is the issue?

They accept rapid antigen tests so getting it the day before versus 3 days before makes no real difference at all 

Now if PCR test were required, the change to 1 day would be an issue