News Forum - Alcohol sales and consumption allowed in Chon Buri again

Thaiger

After what seems like an eternity of fighting, protesting, and petitioning, the party is back in Pattaya! Sort of. Last night, the Public Relations Facebook page of the Chon Buri Governor posted the order easing restrictions on alcohol sales and consumption in the Chon Buri Blue Zone. The Blue Zone includes Pattaya and Bang Lamung, as well as Koh Larn, Si Racha, and Koh Sichang. It also includes parts of Sattahip, specifically the Bang Saray and Najomtien sub-districts. While this is a huge win for the struggling economy of Pattaya, it is far from an all-out reopening. The rules allowing […]

The story Alcohol sales and consumption allowed in Chon Buri again as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good news  :-D 

Will be walking about today to see what is open.... same rules, no serving 2pm-5pm, or after 11pm  

I have seen shoe stores and baht buses displaying the SHA+ sticker/poster.  Seems the only requirement is that the staff are vaccinated against Covid-19

3 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

cue Soi/6 to morph into a street of kebab restaurants .. 

With the limited supply of Lamb here then it would be chicken or Pork Kebabs. Soi 6 the hub of a good piece of Pork 😂

13 minutes ago, gummy said:
18 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

With the limited supply of Lamb

I've been fleeced down there a few times and when I bleated to Mamasan she retorted " can't do mutton " .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

Corner Bar was open when I went past @1:30pm, believe they always served food though cannot remember now.  Always just had a beer there or shot a game of pool. 

Never any stunners working there since the 90's early 2000's when it was on the opposite corner.  Likely some FL's will be hanging out there later

17 minutes ago, gummy said:

With the limited supply of Lamb here then it would be chicken or Pork Kebabs. Soi 6 the hub of a good piece of Pork 😂

Never understood the "kebab" here until I looked up doner kebab.  That is what they are here, more like a burrito if that is your thing. 

Kebabs in the US are meat and vegetables on a stick and BBQed when ordered only.  

main-qimg-81951a053c5fd02749a9e51d90160b54-lq.jpeg

• Cool 1

22 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

I've been fleeced down there a few times and when I bleated to Mamasan she retorted " can't do mutton " .. 

Nice puns, but your punctuation leaves me "less" 😏.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

I remember the late 60's and early 70's as a time when it was almost impossible to get a drink after 11pm in Europe's largest city, unless you were a guest in a hotel or member of a club. One way that some pubs in the West End got around this, was with a "Supper Licence", which allowed the pubs to serve booze until midnight with a meal. There being no definition of what constituted "a meal", most of the purchases were a Cheese Sandwich costing about 25p and often divided by 4 people. In those days, you could buy a pint of beer for about 30-40p.

Eventually, the Police got upset about this and brought a test case as to what a meal consisted of and the courts defined it as being "substantial" and normally eaten with cutlery. When this was introduced, the game was up. Nobody wanted to spend £1+ on a meal they were not going to eat in order to have another two or three beers. Effectively, this meant that the cost of the "drink" was doubled.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Behave yourself. We can't take you anywhere, unless it's back to apolgise.

Just now, JohninDubin said:

Behave yourself. We can't take you anywhere, unless it's back to apolgise.

Does this place Apolgise have ladies with big breasts ? If so let's go 😂

2 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

where some places do mutton dressed as lamb.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Corner Bar was open when I went past @1:30pm, believe they always served food though cannot remember now.  Always just had a beer there or shot a game of pool. 

Never any stunners working there since the 90's early 2000's when it was on the opposite corner.  Likely some FL's will be hanging out there later

Is that "Lovely Corner Bar"? Reason I ask is that used to be a regular in there until I caught them padding my bill.

I think there may have been something in the air in that vicinity that contributed to dishonesty. There was a local man running a car and m/c hire business from the steps of that bar. His particular scam was when people returned the vehicles and tried to get their deposit back, he would always claim to just be an employee and the customer would always be told, "Come back when my boss is here". From the time I was a regular, I saw him do this many times. I never saw anyone get their refund.

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

Is that "Lovely Corner Bar"? Reason I ask is that used to be a regular in there until I caught them padding my bill.

Think it is just The Corner Bar, corner of Soi 6 and second road.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Still closed is it ?

No idea Gummy, I don't go into Pattaya very often (massages/shags excepted) but a friend knows him quite well.

I suspect he now has his restaurant licence and SHA+ certification 😉

1 minute ago, Chaimai said:

No idea Gummy, I don't go into Pattaya very often (massages/shags excepted) but a friend knows him quite well.

I suspect he now has his restaurant licence and SHA+ certification 😉

Well let's hope that soon they can re-open again so that the ladies and all the ancillary service workers can start to re-build their lives again after the deliberate economic damage that has been done.