News Forum - Pilot seriously injured in F-5 fighter jet crash in Lop Buri

Thaiger

32 minutes ago, gummy said:

Based on exactly which major conflict in which the current Thai military  participated  would that opinion have been formed ?

You don't have to fight a war to prove a high level of soldering, although they have been used in various peace keeping operations for the UN in Africa. . They are highly active in international jungle and marine training and expert in border control and terrorist suppression.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Thailands frontline fighter is the Swedish Gripen. It’s a modern and quite capable fighter, but Thailand only has 12 of them and that includes the trainers. They have order another six to be delivered in the near future. Modern air forces are very expensive but the Thai F-5s are very long in the tooth and should have been retired long ago. 

I think they have eleven Gripens now.  One got crashed at an air show in Hat Yai a few years back.  The pilot was killed.

22 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You for sure never served in a real army otherwise you would understand the difference. This comment you should also make to somebody from the french legion and understand the difference about trained in the jungle (french guinea). There are many retired ones in south east asia even in Thailand. Maybe talk with some of them with your claims but don't make him angry a finger of him is deathly weapon and faster as a gun.

I served for 18 years in the UK military, I therefore write from some knowledge. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pinetree said:

You don't have to fight a war to prove a high level of soldering, although they have been used in various peace keeping operations for the UN in Africa. . They are highly active in international jungle and marine training and expert in border control and terrorist suppression.  

You should post this in the Jokes forum, as there is no evidence of what you claim, unless of course you can link a report to prove your comments are factual rather than   opinionated. 

Or perhaps their exploits were so secret only you and a few others knew about them 😂😂😂

Just now, gummy said:

You should post this in the Jokes forum, as there is no evidence of what you claim, unless of course you can link a report to prove your comments are factual rather than   opinionated. 

Or perhaps their exploits were so secret only you and a few others knew about them 😂😂😂

whatever mate. believe what you like. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pinetree said:

whatever mate. believe what you like. 

I do and I was brought up to believe facts that can be proved rather than barrack room gossip.

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

I do and I was brought up to believe facts that can be proved rather than barrack room gossip.

Facts on the internet? Rarer than rocking horse droppings.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

It's a public forum old son, not a Court Room 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

I am wondering for what they need this oldtimer? Anyway nice for a oldtimer air show. They also still fly over 50 year old alpha jet models. The Army who can make coups but never had any chance in a battle with a real Army.

A flying club for elites and free training for airlines. Coast guard, Border control, anti terrorism and civil defense  disaster relief yes. Huge militarys are mainly boon-doggles and used by some countries to intimidate and control their own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gummy said:

Yes we know that from the french legion in jungle missions in Africa, kfor or un mandated troops mostly from europe. Actual in Mali from France and Germany Army but none from Thailand as you not find one all over the Continent. I was also interested about what and where is he talking? I would be interested in one international mission, combat or battle with a Thai unit (jungle mission). And I know nobody who served share his views or claims.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes we know that from the french legion in jungle missions in Africa, kfor or un mandated troops mostly from europe. Actual in Mali from France and Germany Army but none from Thailand as you not find one all over the Continent. I was also interested about what and where is he talking? I would be interested in one international mission, combat or battle with a Thai unit (jungle mission). And I know nobody who served share his views or claims.

Much like everything else I think, the hub of make belief . Let's face it the only thing the Thai military ever excel at is killing their own civilians as facts show.

43 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You for sure never served in a real army otherwise you would understand the difference. This comment you should also make to somebody from the french legion and understand the difference about trained in the jungle (french guinea). There are many retired ones in south east asia even in Thailand. Maybe talk with some of them with your claims but don't make him angry a finger of him is deathly weapon and faster as a gun.

Did you  puff out your chest when you said/write that non-sense. Why do I have trouble with what you say?

Like most militaries,  the Thai military has some that are very capable. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Much like everything else I think, the hub of make belief . Let's face it the only thing the Thai military ever excel at is killing their own civilians as facts show.

It's beyond belief that someone can live in Thailand when they detest anything Thai.  Sorry for you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I served for 18 years in the UK military, I therefore write from some knowledge. 

I not believe you if you served in european/ Nato countries and was ever in any mission you would never claim something like that als you would be fully aware of the french units and french legion and aware about the difference. Which unit you served?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

If you served in the uk you are aware of CEFE because also the US are trained there. And also you would know trainings in Malaysia and the differences. So now I am interested which unit you served if you claim the uk army because they are fully aware of that and units are integrated in that. If you talking about jungle mission/ training anf from the uk you must know then CEFE.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

It's beyond belief that someone can live in Thailand when they detest anything Thai.  Sorry for you.

Not as much as most on here do when they  clearly know your intent when posting, whoever you pretend to be 😉

23 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I not believe you if you served in european/ Nato countries and was ever in any mission you would never claim something like that als you would be fully aware of the french units and french legion and aware about the difference. Which unit you served?

Its a forum Stardust. By its nature it attracts, b$llshi$$ters who think people believe that they are military personal, Doctors, Scientists, Pilots and even Captains of industry so so just ask for facts. That always puts these jokers into freefall.

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Compare to you in my family Thai is a native language and have relatives served in the Thai army and also many in European/Nato Army. So fully aware of it. And as many mostly have 2 passports not in use of any hospitality and love their countries much morethan you. But people who wants that Thailand not develop are the the ones who hate Thais or wants that Thais are oppressed are the bad ones. 

And like me I bet you have none of your Thai family who are set up  purely  as "click baiters" 😉

3 hours ago, Smithydog said:

They look like they are replacing some of the oldest with the "Gripen" , but not all if the way they are touting the F5 with its upgraded "Fourth generation equivalents" is anything to go by.

https://www.thaiembassy.sg/press_media/news-highlights/royal-thai-air-force-welcomes-gripen-aircraft

Gripen A- and C-series are powered by the GE F404G engine (previously designated Volvo RM12) and the E-series is powered by the GE F414G engine, and has a top speed of Mach 2. Later aircraft are modified for NATO interoperability standards and air-to-air refuelling.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_JAS_39_Gripen

Sounds like they're getting a budget plane already ;-) A-D doesn't go Mach 2.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Transam said:

Does commenting on the military mean one detests anything Thai to you....?     🤔

No but some people bad mouth eventhing Thai . People must see something good or they wouldn't live here. I know it's easier to complain but I think it's not fair to our host country. There undoubtedly are many think to complain about you home country too. Those that are always thinking they are better are full of s*** in my book.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

And like me I bet you have none of your Thai family who are set up  purely  as "click baiters" 😉

??? What are you writing about?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gummy said:

Its a forum Stardust. By its nature it attracts, b$llshi$$ters who think people believe that they are military personal, Doctors, Scientists, Pilots and even Captains of industry so so just ask for facts. That always puts these jokers into freefall.

I finally agree with you. That's why you are the soothsayer, 5555

• Like 1

Thailand just ordered 8 new Beechcraft AT-6 wolverine light attack aircraft and they will supposedly be stationed in CM. Seeing 2 of those dinosaurs training twice a year flying over CM is boring and dangerous. I don't even bother going outside with my binoculars for them. Now when the new light attack fighters get here that will be fun, but they better make sure they know how to fly the things correctly before training over the city.

image.thumb.png.0592bf4b6b3b2b339a8bc5c17e9368ca.png

• Cool 1

Air supremacy, is supremacy. If you can't control your airspace, then you are at the mercy of your enemy. So maybe spend the money you were going to spend on the submariners on good aircraft.

55 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Thailand just ordered 8 new Beechcraft AT-6 wolverine light attack aircraft and they will supposedly be stationed in CM. Seeing 2 of those dinosaurs training twice a year flying over CM is boring and dangerous. I don't even bother going outside with my binoculars for them. Now when the new light attack fighters get here that will be fun, but they better make sure they know how to fly the things correctly before training over the city.

image.thumb.png.0592bf4b6b3b2b339a8bc5c17e9368ca.png

But these ones you cannot use in any means for the  military it is for observe smuggling routes etc. More for police units