News Forum - Baby elephant rescued after being shot in the shoulder while leg caught in trap

Thaiger

An injured baby elephant has been rescued and is receiving medical treatment in the eastern province of Chon Buri, according to a Reuters report. Fahsai, whose name means, “fair sky” is thought to be around 3 months old. She was rescued after getting her leg caught in a hunter’s trap and then being shot in the shoulder several times. The baby elephant was found by passersby on Sunday. Her right foot was caught in the trap and she had a number of gunshots wounds on her shoulder. She was rescued by wildlife officials and is now being cared for by […]

The story Baby elephant rescued after being shot in the shoulder while leg caught in trap as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Being an animal lover in general and a lover of Elephants in particular, I hope that she recovers fully and has a pleasant life. 

And, I hope that she gets the opportunity to stomp the hell out of the people who trapped and/or shot her. Honestly, a fitting punishment would be suffocation by Elephant shit; tie them down and let her do her business on top of them. Hmm... perhaps pop her a few Ex-Lax first so it is extra runny and gross.

It is a true coward who hunts something that can't shoot back.

• Like 4

There is no  words that can adequately describe these people that are clearly mentaly retarded that they see the shooting of a trapped poor animal as fun, simply bar stewards who if caught deserve having their own lives treated as sub-human pieces of garbage.

Having seen a baby elephant chained up by one leg in Thailand, I am not surprised by this. What was the trapper hoping to trap? Once I understood what elephants were put through to "train them" to carry people, I refused to ride them. And I would call on tourists not to ride them either. On the other hand there are retirement places for elephants that allow people to experience and even swim with elephants. Such majestic creatures should be respected absolutely. 

• Like 1

I wonder what is being done to prevent Elephant trapping and hunting in order to prevent this terrible incident from repeating? This should not be allowed in Thailand or anywhere.