News Forum - US introduces new restrictions for international arrivals from Monday

Thaiger

From Monday, all international travellers to the US must receive a negative Covid-19 test result within 1 day of travel. Prior to the emergence of the Omicron variant, this measure applied only to unvaccinated travellers, with fully inoculated people able to arrive with a negative result obtained within 3 days of travel. However, the arrival of Omicron has prompted health officials to extend the requirement to all international arrivals, regardless of vaccination status. According to a Reuters report, airlines are expected to be given a 3-day grace period that will allow people to still enter with test results obtained within […]

The story US introduces new restrictions for international arrivals from Monday as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The US can determine who comes in as any country can. A lot of this (and of course it's been a consistent reaction in many countries) is driven by the unknown with Omicron. Once a better understanding is achieved and if it is found to be less of a concern, I think these restrictions will be lifted.

• Like 1

There is no real change

And they only require antigen test, so getting that the day before departure is not a big deal

We are headed to US in 10 days..............

Good to  know that  pushing everyone to ge tvaccinated gives you no benefits in travelling........worse  still though  I do  like the BBC Uk's Govt approved    all  inlcusive  graphics  of  people waiting to get vaccinated, including the  blind, wheelchair  bound ,  Muslim etc ,  but  I noticed dissapointingly  no amputees or  transgenders. shocked and  appalled, how  about one legged dwarfs also, shame on you UK govt graphics  pc  dept.

_121925143_vaccine_group_30nov_640vaccine-timeline_2dect640-2x-nc.png

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Poolie said:

Great. 

Wild horses wouldn't get me to that plastic place.

Yeah  because   its  the  same all  over from top to  bottom eh!

17 hours ago, Jason said:

I believe there have been 11 or 12 different variants so far (that we know of). We may run out of Greek letters!!!

then they can use the Thai alphabet with 44 letters. 

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

As far as I'm concerned yes!!

Well you say Pattaya is your favorite place

So you obviously are an expert in classy places   5555

Just now, Marc26 said:

Well you say Pattaya is your favorite place

So you obviously are an expert in classy places   5555

That was last week.