Are the men who keep calling our Massage salon racists?

Sateeb

19 hours ago, Marc26 said:

You said you just got started

I think once you are established, the reputation gets out that you are a legit massge

One thing I would suggest, and I don't know your budget

But it seems really nice spa like places don't suffer the same stereotype as a run of the mill massage place

There is a beautiful Thai massage place in my apartment building in Vancouver

And there many run of the mill type places around

I am sure the spa type place doesn't get many of those requests

This is the one in my apartment building

https://smilethaiwellness.com/gallery/gallery/

Yeah Marc, Thanks...,we're not quite as well furnished as that place, but the decor is not drab, and we are not so dark. My wife who is the guv'nor of course, says she doesn't want all that Thai statue and so on as she'll have no time to keep it clean, dusting etc. Also our place is too small, only two rooms for massage, and one entrance come hall. You might have aa point there for sure, about how it looks from the outside especially. https://mythaimassagespa.co.uk

19 hours ago, riclag said:

Why on earth would she say that to a women !

98 percent of the time ,women seeking  massage  aren't the problem,you said it yourself ! 

"men phone up asking for extras"

You misunderstand me, sorry, I wasn't clear. She is not going to put any signs up saying "no sexual services here" or anything like that, as she thinks most women, especially the older ones, would not know such things take place in massage salons, and put them off. After all we are in a small, naive Scots town...lol. Also these guys who phone are usually calling from there cars and passing through, so really don't get to see the shop itself. They phone or text on a "fishing" expedition!

1 hour ago, Sateeb said:

Yeah Marc, Thanks...,we're not quite as well furnished as that place, but the decor is not drab, and we are not so dark. My wife who is the guv'nor of course, says she doesn't want all that Thai statue and so on as she'll have no time to keep it clean, dusting etc. Also our place is too small, only two rooms for massage, and one entrance come hall. You might have aa point there for sure, about how it looks from the outside especially. https://mythaimassagespa.co.uk

Looks great!

I do think the more authentic you make the storefront, the better percieved....like in the 3rd picture

And actually I think putting a modest post on the website, saying something to the effect "no sexual services" would deter the calls and add a bonus that people really looking for a legit massage will look at that as a positive

Because as I said about NYC, sometimes I won't go into a place if I'm not sure if 100% legit, I don't want the hassle of being asked I want extra..............plus those places give shit massages

1 hour ago, Sateeb said:

You misunderstand me, sorry, I wasn't clear. She is not going to put any signs up saying "no sexual services here" or anything like that, as she thinks most women, especially the older ones, would not know such things take place in massage salons, and put them off. After all we are in a small, naive Scots town...lol. Also these guys who phone are usually calling from there cars and passing through, so really don't get to see the shop itself. They phone or text on a "fishing" expedition!

A lot of Asian massage/knocking shops are in apartments in Vancouver

I think there was one in my old building, you could tell by the guys looking at their phones and always getting off the same floor and not knowing what direction to go in 5555

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2021 at 4:33 AM, Sateeb said:

Our salon is in Dumfries Scotland. The word "Thai" appears in the name of the Salon. Time and time again, men phone up asking for extras, HE, HJob etc. For some reason, they associate the word "Thai" with sexual favours or services, and expect every Thai Masseuse or therapist is going to be happy with, and fulfil such a request. For me, this is racism, the association of "Thai" with sexual acts. Do British / Western men think that all Thai women are the same? How should we feel about those who give Thai women a bad name by offering these services ? I'm not sure it's necessarily their fault, but rather the fault of the Men who are supposedly better educated, and should realise that not all Thai women should be tarred with the same brush.....Has anyone else got an opinion on this? I know my wife is massively angry about this, and the other lady who works with her was really shocked the first time she was asked a couple of weeks ago. She's only been in the country a few months.

If people call for "extras" tell them it's no problem! But you can't discuss it on the phone ;-) 

Tell them for an extra €200 they get a special treat! After they pay first, give them a nice cupcake and sing them "he's a jolly good fellow"! That's special ain't it? 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from Phuket and saw that a number of MP's had "No sex" posted on the windows. I know the OP is not in TH, but it's the first time I've ever seen that, and it must certainly help clear-up "misunderstandings".

7 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

Just got back from Phuket and saw that a number of MP's had "No sex" posted on the windows. I know the OP is not in TH, but it's the first time I've ever seen that, and it must certainly help clear-up "misunderstandings".

You have to understand, what "no sex" means.

It certainly does not say, often,  "no Bj"  or "no Hj".

On the other hand, in this shops with the sign on, there the age and looks of the ladies is more like that from the beach massage places. Which will give you the hope for a real good Thai or whatever massage, but you usually don't go there, for anything else. 

And that a Bj is no sex, we all know that from Bill in the oral office. Or not?

Imho the only Thai massage places,where there will be really never an offer for that, that are the one room, many matresses, no curtain Thai massage places. Which in times of sport massage, oil massage, ...., fewer customers, are getting lesser and lesser. 

I'd say, every massage shop is a no sex massage. Unless it is not.

But: Indoor massages in  times of Covid?  Just look into the massage shops  where they doing the foot massages: Masks under the chin or the nose, staff is only wearing when customers are in the shop, fan and aircon is quirling all together.  That is not much different, where they have this curtained boothes

9 hours ago, Guest1 said:

But: Indoor massages in  times of Covid?  Just look into the massage shops  where they doing the foot massages: Masks under the chin or the nose, staff is only wearing when customers are in the shop, fan and aircon is quirling all together.  That is not much different, where they have this curtained boothes

I didn't even think of that

Massages are a huge part of our holiday, especially foot massages

I get massages here in Vancouver all through the pandemic, but it a solo room with just the massuese and a very stringent cleaning policy

May have to stick to hotel massages on this holiday in spring

• 2 weeks later...

NO. Racism involves believing some ethnic groups are superior or inferior to others. Your situation is the uneducated crude stereotyping of Thai Females with Prostitution.