News Forum - Bangkok to organise New Year’s festival followed by Buddhist chanting ceremony

Thaiger

Bangkok city officials are planning New Year’s events, but under Covid-19 measures. A New Year’s festival is planned for December 31 and a Buddhist chanting ceremony is planned for the following day, according to the deputy permanent secretary of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration. The spokesperson says the events will be under the  universal Covid-19 measures. The two-day event will be organised by BMA’s Office of Culture, Sports, and Tourism at Lan Khon Mueang Town Square in Phra Nakhon district, according to the spokesperson. “The events aim to welcome the year 2022 and promote Thai tradition of merit making and Buddhist […]

The story Bangkok to organise New Year’s festival followed by Buddhist chanting ceremony as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A New Year’s festival is planned for December 31 and a Buddhist chanting ceremony is planned for the following day

Enchanting , I can't wait .. 

• Haha 5

Well the Buddhist chanting ceremony will no doubt trigger so much interest around the world that do to concerns of millions of people flocking to Thailand then it will just have to be cancelled, much like the rest of the  brain waves that Thai authorities  dream up.

5 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

starts some lyrics: oh covid can you please give Omnicron to meee.... I've waited from Songkran it's taken far to long.

Another clusterf*** added to the list of things that shouldn't be happening in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

And don't bother coming if you are wearing a red shirt.

Or has a requirement for enjoyment over the festive season. The Thai cranks and patronage freaks are up to all sorts of tricks to knock that on the head. Of course apart from those HISO's and the well connected of course in which case thy can carry on in their debauched manner as normal.

8 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:
13 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A New Year’s festival is planned for December 31 and a Buddhist chanting ceremony is planned for the following day

Never mind chanting, after New Year's Eve I've always gone for the chundering ceremony.
It works irrespective of religion.

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:
14 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Is there a free bar?

Or for that fact ANY BAR?

14 minutes ago, gummy said:

Or has a requirement for enjoyment over the festive season. The Thai cranks and patronage freaks are up to all sorts of tricks to knock that on the head. Of course apart from those HISO's and the well connected of course in which case thy can carry on in their debauched manner as normal.

There is always something for something with this regime.

16 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Never mind chanting, after New Year's Eve I've always gone for the chundering ceremony.
It works irrespective of religion.

Ah yes, the after New Year's praise to the almighty porcelain god. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Shark said:

starts some lyrics: oh covid can you please give Omnicron to meee.... I've waited from Songkran it's taken far to long.

Another clusterf*** added to the list of things that shouldn't be happening in Thailand.

There's usually abit of Omm in their chants anyway so perhaps if they could wriggle abit of icron in there as well .. 

• Like 1

The Buddhist chanting ceremony is a bit curious??? Bhuddist New Year is at a different time, not according to the Roman Calendar?? Hang on....wait a minute...is the government organisation that organised Lisa from K Pop and Andrea Bocelli responsible for organising this??? Hmmmm

• Haha 2

Just now, Jason said:

The Buddhist chanting ceremony is a bit curious??? Bhuddist New Year is at a different time, not according to the Roman Calendar?? Hang on....wait a minute...is the government organisation that organised Lisa from K Pop and Andrea Bocelli responsible for organising this??? Hmmmm

Oh yeah, they announced Lisa would be appearing at an event without even asking her.
Perhaps they can get some Thai football supporters to join in the chanting, seeing as Thailand had been removed from international football for cheating.

"Yer gonna git yer flicking 'ead kicked in" would be appropriate chanting wouldn't it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, poohy said:

Is there a free bar?

Or for that fact ANY BAR?

Maybe the Bangkok Governor will put on a Open Bar at this event …… I know, I know , I’m dreaming 😴 

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

"Yer gonna git yer flicking 'ead kicked in" would be appropriate chanting wouldn't it

Hahaha .. or " your going home in a foundation ambulance " .. 

• Haha 1