News Forum - PM Prayut Chan-o-cha vows to prevent Omicron from reaching Thai soil

Thaiger

Thailand’s prime minister has urged the public not to panic, but to remain vigilant against the new Omicron virus, according to government spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana yesterday. He added that PM Prayut Chan-o-cha also encouraged people to get fully vaccinated in order to boost group immunity and ensure everyone’s safety, as adequate vaccines are now available for all Thais. As foreign tourists continue to flock to the country, the PM has instructed agencies involved in public health, national security, transportation, and tourism to be on high alert and screen travellers to prevent the Covid-19 strain from entering Thailand. “We will do […]

The story PM Prayut Chan-o-cha vows to prevent Omicron from reaching Thai soil as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

29 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

As foreign tourists continue to flock to the country

B*llucks that is .. they are getting well blatant with their porkie pies now ..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Cool 1

5 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

B*llucks that is .. they are getting well blatant with their porkie pies now ..

How can you say it's Thai people being mutation bodies as they just don't vaccinate like some of the other anti vaxxers.... this would be hard to sell right.

Doesn't make it less true however.

25 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

easier to stop earth from spinning, dude!

I thought that was mentioned sometime before as well as being able to make hell freeze over.

• Haha 1

I remember the same said for Delta 555

Once it comes it stays, vaccinated or not! 

The gift that keeps on giving! The world must never forget and hold the leaders of the CCP responsible!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a vow he has no right to make and no power to deliver. He has found a way to stop viruses being airborne now? He thinks viruses have any care for national borders? I remember clearly his 120-day full opening promise that he also failed to keep.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Thaired said:

This is a vow he has no right to make and no power to deliver.

You are wrong …. He has every right! 
‘Every right because he is a politician and within their mandate they are allowed to tell porkies, promise the world and deliver nothing. ….. if this is the type of porky he is telling now, just wait for the election to see the drivel then!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pattaya Beach had thousands of people, almost all Thai, shoulder to shoulder watching the fireworks display, many not wearing masks and drinking alcoholic beverages. 

Pray tell, how is the Thai junta leader going to stop continued transmission of covid, no matter which variant?

It is just a matter of time before this new strain reaches Thailand. 

Same PM who promised to fully open Thailand earlier this year to all foreign international tourists. 

Edited by JackMeOff
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Shark said:

My glass boll is telling me no tourists until 2032.

10 more years is way too pessimistic. I think you meant 2023.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

10 more years is way too pessimistic. I think you meant 2023.

I'm a realist, you mean the 5 real tourists whom will then jump through all the hoops.
No I was talking about the proper recovery of Thailand.

Where years away from that. Glory days... Perhaps won't even come at all anymore.
Until everyone in the kingdom is vaccinated and we waited out the last form of mutations there is no real hopes for foreign tourism, don't get me wrong I like the Thais want foreigners to visit my country. But realistically saying it will just take a very very very long-time, I won't be fasting that long.

• Like 3

They not doing everything to prevent it to enter Thailand because borders are open!!! So stating such nonsense to do like you doing anything is bullsh*t.. Second what every time about stating that people should not panic, as far as I know nobody panics at all... is this again something trying to place nonsense in our head?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Shark said:

I'm a realist, you mean the 5 real tourists whom will then jump through all the hoops.
No I was talking about the proper recovery of Thailand.

Where years away from that. Glory days... Perhaps won't even come at all anymore.
Until everyone in the kingdom is vaccinated and we waited out the last form of mutations there is no real hopes for foreign tourism, don't get me wrong I like the Thais want foreigners to visit my country. But realistically saying it will just take a very very very long-time, I won't be fasting that long.

But also depends on the mutations. We'll get a good idea in 3 weeks from now.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s prime minister has urged the public not to panic, but to remain vigilant against the new Omicron virus, according to government spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana yesterday. He added that PM Prayut Chan-o-cha also encouraged people to get fully vaccinated in order to boost group immunity and ensure everyone’s safety, as adequate vaccines are now available for all Thais. As foreign tourists continue to flock to the country, the PM has instructed agencies involved in public health, national security, transportation, and tourism to be on high alert and screen travellers to prevent the Covid-19 strain from entering Thailand. “We will do […]

The story PM Prayut Chan-o-cha vows to prevent Omicron from reaching Thai soil as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good luck with that

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha vows to prevent Omicron from reaching Thai soil

Perhaps our illustrious leader should get the RTP on the case, they will prevent it happening,
After all, the RTP can't find any evidence of prostitution in Pattaya.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1