News Forum - New variant casts shadow over Thailand Motor Expo, concerns outbreak could affect the industry

Thaiger

The uncertainty of the newly identified Covid-19 variant Omicron looms over today’s opening of the Thailand International Motor Expo as firms promote their new electric vehicle options. Many of the manufacturers at the exhibition worry that the new variant may force countries to return to lockdowns or take other measures that will hurt business as the global economy and Thai auto industry begin to bounce back. If Omicron proves to be a dangerous strain, it will affect the automotive industry and “deal a blow” to the local and global economy, said Takeshi Kasahara, the VP of sales at a local […]

The story New variant casts shadow over Thailand Motor Expo, concerns outbreak could affect the industry as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

4 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The uncertainty of the newly identified Covid-19 variant Omicron looms over today’s opening of the Thailand International Motor Expo as firms promote their new electric vehicle options. Many of the manufacturers at the exhibition worry that the new variant may force countries to return to lockdowns or take other measures that will hurt business as the global economy and Thai auto industry begin to bounce back. If Omicron proves to be a dangerous strain, it will affect the automotive industry and “deal a blow” to the local and global economy, said Takeshi Kasahara, the VP of sales at a local […]

The story New variant casts shadow over Thailand Motor Expo, concerns outbreak could affect the industry as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yes can cause 2 days headaches but also the afterhours party at the expo can have the same effect 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Meanwhile in Japan, the first case of this variant  has been detected. My wife tells me that all 70 pax on the plane that in have been quarantined. And people worry about being in close contact with someone on the same plane as them coming into TH?

15 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Meanwhile in Japan, the first case of this variant  has been detected. My wife tells me that all 70 pax on the plane that in have been quarantined. And people worry about being in close contact with someone on the same plane as them coming into TH?

Interesting at the moment I watched on DW, the WHO said any travel ban will stop the variant or stop to mutate. And in the same report the hospitals in Germany are full with people infected by the old variants no hospitalization with a new variant. So if the new variant takes over is a christmas gift and the old variants with serious symptoms dissapear. It seems some like the old ones with heavy symptoms more what they have in the country or why they are not concerned about them more?

30 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Interesting at the moment I watched on DW, the WHO said any travel ban will stop the variant or stop to mutate. And in the same report the hospitals in Germany are full with people infected by the old variants no hospitalization with a new variant. So if the new variant takes over is a christmas gift and the old variants with serious symptoms dissapear. It seems some like the old ones with heavy symptoms more what they have in the country or why they are not concerned about them more?

Apparently, the initial reports are the Omicron variant is milder than Delta. But it seems likely that if they don't attack this new strain, it too will mutate and who knows if the next version will be better or worse?

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

to return to lockdowns or take other measures that will hurt business as the global economy

yeah like me not going because i am not vaccinated. 

i have gone to every motor show since 2015 and this would have been the second time this year for me.

i went in March of 2021 and nothing was required except a mask. no id, no vax papers. now must have. I no like.  

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

i went in March of 2021 and nothing was required except a mask. no id, no vax papers. now must have. I no like.  

will be more of this! I applaud to it.
Living a solitude lifestyle is a choice and so is not vaccinating.

Ok, ok....let's look at some realities. As far as we know, about 220 people in the world have this variant. So let's take chill pill. The reaction is way over the top. Just wait and see. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ok, ok....let's look at some realities. As far as we know, about 220 people in the world have this variant. So let's take chill pill. The reaction is way over the top. Just wait and see. 

I have just read that the Netherlands association of funeral directors, have placed 10 refrigerated trucks in various locations.They are in response to the growing number of deaths from corona and the flu.

Six of the trucks are already in use!