News Forum - Most face masks on sale in Thailand do not meet industry quality standards

Thaiger

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Masks help slow the spread of a virus/cold from an infected person to others through breathing, coughing, sneezing and talking.

Vaccinations do not stop people getting a virus - they help stop people being infected/contagious for a longer period, and they help prevent them getting very sick. 

Read and repeat a hundred times before going home - anyone that doesnt understand what Stonker and I and so many others are saying.  This time I am typing very slowly to make it easier to read:

Masks help slow the spread of a virus/cold from an infected person to others through breathing, coughing, sneezing and talking.

Vaccinations do not stop people getting a virus - they help stop people being infected/contagious for a longer period, and they help prevent them getting very sick. 

Vaccinations do stop people from getting the virus.............not at 100% efficacy but ones like Moderna and Pfizer still have a pretty high rate of preventing infection

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Vaccinations do stop people from getting the virus.............not at 100% efficacy but ones like Moderna and Pfizer still have a pretty high rate of preventing infection

Absolutely agree. Masks were never meant to be a silver bullet.  Just another tool in the Covid toolbox.  Some will be better than others ...... but nevertheless always worth wearing unless you are an absolute retard ..... then you should try and find a vaccine for the Stupid Virus which is everywhere!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MARCO said:

Absolutely agree. Masks were never meant to be a silver bullet.  Just another tool in the Covid toolbox.  Some will be better than others ...... but nevertheless always worth wearing unless you are an absolute retard ..... then you should try and find a vaccine for the Stupid Virus which is everywhere!

All you have to do is look at the Flu cases in 2020 and 21

To prove masks work 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Stonker said:

No, I read the article and it says exactly what I said - it doesn't suggest in any way that masks are "useless" or "no good".

The example I gave was simply an example of how close they may come - 97.47% instead of 99%, while you're claiming 0%.

Not what you said in your first comment at all. You know it and I know it. I understand now why all your comments are constantly self-unobjective, not only you do not question anything by following a narrative that you will stick to regardless, but you obviously never question yourself either. Please do not reply to this, as it will be out of subject and pointless (i won't read it anyway), I rather stick to Socrates' say that you should perhaps sometimes put into practice: "the only thing i know is that i know nothing". Have a good day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MARCO said:

I wear double masks in public transportation and crowded places. Does it help? I don't know but I do not feel double protected😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

All you have to do is look at the Flu cases in 2020 and 21

To prove masks work 

Correct - and also because of social distancing and isolation.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Correct - and also because of social distancing and isolation.

Yes my bad

Those two important factors, as well

And also hand sanitizing

I hated had sanitizer before covid

I now use it all the time 

I think covid will alter people's behavior going forward, which we should have already been doing

In North America, it was a badge of honor to still go to work when you are sick.

That is just stupid thinking and will likely not occur that much going forward 

Also, how stupid is it we would visit the doctor's office and not wear masks?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

Yes my bad

And also hand sanitizing

I think covid will alter people's behavior going forward, which we should have already been doing

In North America, it was a badge of honor to still go to work when you are sick.

One of the few positives about pandemics is improved hygiene and advances in medicine. Good point Marc.

2 hours ago, Manu said:

Not what you said in your first comment at all. You know it and I know it. I understand now why all your comments are constantly self-unobjective, not only you do not question anything by following a narrative that you will stick to regardless, but you obviously never question yourself either. 

Actually it's exactly what I said in my first post!

Here it is again, entire and umedited:

21 hours ago, Stonker said:

No, that's not remotely what it says.

Not "no good" or "useless", but not as good as they could be.

97.47% isn't as good as 99%, but it's a lot better than 0% which is what you're saying.

Sorry if that doesn't say what you'd like it to, rather like your link which also didn't say what you claimed it did 😂!

Feel free to keep up the flaming, though - some people evidently prefer that to reality 😂 😂!

• Like 1

C'mon Guys.  No point in debating the finer points of who said what and how.  Let's agree on one thing ......... wearing masks is the right thing to do.  Fullstop!!!

1 hour ago, MARCO said:

C'mon Guys.  No point in debating the finer points of who said what and how.  Let's agree on one thing ......... wearing masks is the right thing to do.  Fullstop!!!

I'm only too happy to agree with that 😇!

Others ... less so 😕!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Yes my bad

And also hand sanitizing

I hear you mate - so true all those things you said - things are never going to be the same.

Another one :- blokes who dont wash their hands after using the toilets.  I used to see them all the time, and then of course I meet some bloke and you both shake hands. Now it is OK not to shake hands and I am very happy about that. To bump fists is now OK - but refusing to shake a blokes hand was an absolute 'no no' here in the past. 

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

I hear you mate - so true all those things you said - things are never going to be the same.

Another one :- blokes who dont wash their hands after using the toilets.  I used to see them all the time, and then of course I meet some bloke and you both shake hands. Now it is OK not to shake hands and I am very happy about that. To bump fists is now OK - but refusing to shake a blokes hand was an absolute 'no no' here in the past. 

We hug, a lot! In the Northeast of US(Boston/NYC)

So that was curtailed a bit and did feel odd 

Hugging definitely took my wife by surprise when she 1st started going to NYC and Boston 

She loves when my sister's hug her

But I think she was a bit taken back that most friends and even someone you just met may hug you goodbye after just meeting you 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stonker said:

I'm only too happy to agree with that 😇!

Others ... less so 😕!

The TCC is not a recognized agency. Need to look at who funds them.

As I previously said these masks were never ment as protection, but ment to reduce transmission. The authorities even advised people to make their own cloth masks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LoongFred said:

As I previously said these masks were never ment as protection, but ment to reduce transmission

A lot of people have been saying that for a long time, but even now it still hasn't got through to some 😂!

6 hours ago, LoongFred said:

The authorities even advised people to make their own cloth masks

I think that was only 'early on' when there were shortages - now it's frowned on, at least around me.

21 hours ago, AussieBob said:

20 hours ago, Marc26 said:

We hug, a lot! In the Northeast of US(Boston/NYC)

So that was curtailed a bit and did feel odd 

Hugging definitely took my wife by surprise when she 1st started going to NYC and Boston 

She loves when my sister's hug her

But I think she was a bit taken back that most friends and even someone you just met may hug you goodbye after just meeting you 

The fist and elbow bumping bit has always struck me as pretty pretentious at best.

... as for the kissing and hugging bit previously ... there's a silver lining to every cloud.

• Haha 1