News Forum - PM will decide on need for lockdown if and when Omicron found in Thailand

Thaiger

The health ministry says the Thai PM will decide what steps to take if and when the Omicron Covid-19 variant is found in the kingdom. The Bangkok Post reports that the relevant agencies have been instructed to continue monitoring the situation and the Public Health Ministry will review the country’s re-opening in 2 weeks’ time. Speaking to the Bangkok Post, Sathit Pitutecha from the Health Ministry says people shouldn’t panic and that border officials are ramping up surveillance measures to prevent migrants from entering illegally and bypassing health checks. According to Sathit, a lockdown has not been discussed, but the […]

The story PM will decide on need for lockdown if and when Omicron found in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

“The situation will be monitored closely. Measures will be reviewed based on new information coming in. If the Omicron strain is found in Thailand, the country will have to face another lockdown. It is the prime minister’s policy and he will make a quick decision as director of the CCSA.”

So do not panic, but also do panic a little though... The famous lockdown is above your head. Am I the only one to feel like it is all surreal? Are all these reactions worldwide really based on science or simply plain politic? They will and do want not to be blame for various and different reasons for having done too little so instead they are doing too much. And on and on and on...

Those of us that have said for the last 2 years that this will never end were called conspiracy theorists. Maybe it is time some of you start listening to us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yes let’s have a person who has zero training in communicable disease outbreaks or any medical or statistical training, make the decision about lockdowns. Leader by fear 😅

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Those of us that have said for the last 2 years that this will never end were called conspiracy theorists. Maybe it is time some of you start listening to us.

Those of us that have said for the last 2 years that everyone needs to get vaccinated so that the disease doesn't develop more and more and more variants were ignored by anti-vaxxers in favour of them getting their info from "Some Guy On Facebook".

Maybe it is time some/all of you start listening to us.

This ends with vaccines. It doesn't ever end with 'Anti-Vaxxers'. 

Stop being so selfish.

• Like 7

"Meanwhile, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, who is currently attending the World Health Assembly in Switzerland,"

So, all the Worlds leaders all travel internationally and  congregate with each other to find ways to try and stop an infectious disease which is spread by people travelling and congregating together  , then they will all go back home to their  Countries and maybe suggest to their leader that they should do more to stop people travelling internationally and congregating and causing the virus to spread ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Those of us that have said for the last 2 years that everyone needs to get vaccinated so that the disease doesn't develop more and more and more variants were ignored by anti-vaxxers in favour of them getting their info from "Some Guy On Facebook".

Stop being so selfish.

I am vaccinated and I am telling you, this will not end with vaccines.... And I do not even have a Facebook account, I bet you do. And what on earth is a "conspiracy theorist"???

"The only thing I know is that I know nothing." (Socrates). Meditate...if you still can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

I can think of at least 5,000,000 people that wish you were right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I can think of at least 5,000,000 people that wish you were right. 

Listen, I understand nobody never died before covid, and all of those people who did die of covid would still be alive and healthy today if it wasnt for covid but I think its time we move on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Manu said:

So do not panic, but also do panic a little though... The famous lockdown is above your head. Am I the only one to feel like it is all surreal? Are all these reactions worldwide really based on science or simply plain politic? They will and do want not to be blame for various and different reasons for having done too little so instead they are doing too much. And on and on and on...

What exactly does "politicking" lockdowns get for the people you are accusing?

I see that parroted a lot 

But what do they supposedly gain?

It is not logical and just something you people parrot 

• Like 1

You read the first sentence but not the rest then? So I repeat for you: "They will and do want not to be blame for various and different reasons for having done too little so instead they are doing too much." That's politic.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Stop being so selfish.

Stop being so selfish lol.  Your cries for self preservation amidst unreasonable fear is what is selfish.  For example why should a fully healthy young individual with a healthy immune system and no preconditions get vaccinated with a relatively untested and definitely not long tested mRNA vaccine.  Do you understand the mortality rates for this virus among various age groups and conditions?  Do you understand the difference between a regular vaccine and an mRNA vaccine?  Do some research and you will soon find that the vaccinated are catching covid and spreading covid and therefore it can mutate from them as well.  Vaccinations need to be applied on a rational case by case basis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In all likely hood it is here already and may have been for awhile. Symptoms are mild , it is winter here so feeling the chill, arthritis is acting up and have a headache and a few aches. 

Pnut is stalling for time, the big party is on soon in Phuket and the last thing he needs is Omicron stuffing it up for him and his big reopening of the land of smiles. (and lots of money rolling in)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Manu said:

With zero death and no hospitalization with the new variant it becomes really absurd if they more conerned about the new variant than from the former variant in the country with much more serious symptoms . Then something else is going on because it is the opposite the worlds officials virologists say and the opposite the govetnment officials in Germany. Their concerns are on the cases with former variants and even say the mild symptoms of the new variant is a good sign that covid mutate to an cold like virus and a sign covid can come on that way to an end! Lauterbach is a government official in virology and coming Health Minister of Germany! 

So what is the intention of the ones who not like covid comes to an end and want to create more panic?!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

With zero death and no hospitalization with the new variant it becomes really absurd if they more conerned about the new variant than from the former variant in the country with much more serious symptoms . Then something else is going on because it is the opposite the worlds officials virologists say and the opposite the govetnment officials in Germany. Their concerns are on the cases with former variants and even say the mild symptoms of the new variant is a good sign that covid mutate to an cold like virus and a sign covid can come on that way to an end! Lauterbach is a government official in virology and coming Health Minister of Germany! 

So what is the intention of the ones who not like covid comes to an end and want to create more panic?!!

Here a english version of the german government official statement and seen it as a christmas gift the actual info we have from the new variant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10253611/Could-Omicron-GOOD-news-Variant-speed-end-pandemic-causes-mild-illness.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR0jaVwtk6rGHj-VhvM25kQFKQBS42wJ6NmQUIDw3-ZhR7o3DHVNQ5dEfgs

Also I was surprised about the false news in Thaiger that Pfizer has the vaccine adopt on the way.

Biontech developed that vaccine and is on it to adopt with the new mutation and not Pfizer!

Pfizer is only the distributor and not the developper of the vacine !

Developper is Biontech in Mainz and there everything was developped including all new version who are coming!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Here a english version of the german government official statement and seen it as a christmas gift the actual info we have from the new variant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10253611/Could-Omicron-GOOD-news-Variant-speed-end-pandemic-causes-mild-illness.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR0jaVwtk6rGHj-VhvM25kQFKQBS42wJ6NmQUIDw3-ZhR7o3DHVNQ5dEfgs

here is the title for those who will not follow the link.

"Could Omicron be GOOD news? Variant 'might speed up end of pandemic if it causes mild illness' as South Africa records NO hospital admissions or deaths from super strain - but scientists won't know for at least two weeks"

not very much fear in this article. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i saw Omnicron in Hua Hin.

It ran right up to me like a soi dog while i was on my scooter.  

Nah that was an old bar girl without any makeup.  555555

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ThaiEyes said:

Yes let’s have a person who has zero training in communicable disease outbreaks or any medical or statistical training, make the decision about lockdowns. Leader by fear 😅

If people read some news last days in Germany/suisse they for sure will think there are other reasons in Thailand for coming lockdowns.

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

If people read some news last days in Germany/suisse they for sure will think there are other reasons in Thailand for coming lockdowns.

Well certainly if the general public became aware then perhaps a government enforced lockdown could perhaps be the "straw that breaks the camels back", and I think that the potential for Omicron to infect larger numbers will be of a secondary issue.

1 hour ago, Manu said:

You read the first sentence but not the rest then? So I repeat for you: "They will and do want not to be blame for various and different reasons for having done too little so instead they are doing too much." That's politic.

I don't have the slightest clue what you just said......

• Thanks 1