News Forum - Pfizer CEO says new version of vaccine under development to target Omicron

Thaiger

Pfizer has reportedly begun developing a new version to combat the Omicron and the tests have been running since last Friday, according to CEO Albery Bourla yesterday, following the warning from the World Health Organisation on the new variant. While Bourla says he doesn’t “believe the immunisations will fail to protect,” he says a study could the study could reveal that existing vaccines “protect less”against the newly found veriant, necessitating the development of a new vaccine. “We generated our first DNA template on Friday, which is the first probable inflection of the development process of a new vaccine.” At the same […]

The story Pfizer CEO says new version of vaccine under development to target Omicron as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Kaaa-ching!! I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

But you can trust Pfizer, after all they're transparent, they're going to show all their vaccine data - after 55 years. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Buttaxe said:

Kaaa-ching!! I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

But you can trust Pfizer, after all they're transparent, they're going to show all their vaccine data - after 55 years. 

Kaaa-ching!! I'm buying toilet roll again.

I demand more transparency from the toilet roll manufactures.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Kaaa-ching!! I'm buying toilet roll again.

I demand more transparency from the toilet roll manufactures.  

Do you inject toilet rolls into your deltoid muscle? Wow! 😱🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Trust the Science except we are not going to show our data for 55 years because it has to age like a fine wine before revealing it to you meddlesome peasants!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

they get 20 days by law.suspect typo of “years” for “days”. wait for court judgement before making stupid dramatic posts.

Breaking news: New variant discovered. Big Pharma sees new markets to be exploited!

Seriously though, I heard UK scientists saying yesterday, that this new strain has milder impact than it's predecessors. I can see the merit in needing to eradicate all strains in case the next one is worse than Delta. But right now, unless Delta is dying out, I'd rather see what they can do to alleviate the impact Delta.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Breaking news: New variant discovered. Big Pharma sees new markets to be exploited!

Seriously though, I heard UK scientists saying yesterday, that this new strain has milder impact than it's predecessors. I can see the merit in needing to eradicate all strains in case the next one is worse than Delta. But right now, unless Delta is dying out, I'd rather see what they can do to alleviate the impact Delta.

Agreed!!! So far we have too little scientific evidence John. Major symptoms indicate headaches and lack of energy rather than the usual flu like symptoms. It also seems to affect males between 20 and 40 years of age.

Totally believe like yourself that Delta variant remains a priority.

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

Spoke to doctor friend of mine two hours ago from Osaka City University hospital and she said they’re working on a vaccine from today. She said the biggest challenge was not development, but finding willing unvaccinated volunteers to take part in the trials down the track.

7 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

John. Major symptoms indicate headaches and lack of energy rather than the usual flu like symptoms.

Incidentally, when I first glanced at your post @mickkotlarskiI thought the ex-PM had fallen ill with Covid.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

Spoke to doctor friend of mine two hours ago from Osaka City University hospital and she said they’re working on a vaccine from today. She said the biggest challenge was not development, but finding willing unvaccinated volunteers to take part in the trials down the track.

Incidentally, when I first glanced at your post @mickkotlarskiI thought the ex-PM had fallen ill with Covid.

That makes sense. Not wanting to volunteer to be a guinea pig for what may be a mild  possibly easily treatable variant is understandable.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mickkotlarski said:

That makes sense. Not wanting to volunteer to be a guinea pig for what may be a mild  possibly easily treatable variant is understandable.

What is interesting to me is that the potential trials in this particular case are slated to focus on unvaccinated volunteers. Wouldn’t it be just as valuable to examine efficacy in vaccinated volunteers as well since breakthrough cases appear to be common?

Does anyone one know what Pfizer is planning in this regard?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

19 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Agreed!!! So far we have too little scientific evidence John. Major symptoms indicate headaches and lack of energy rather than the usual flu like symptoms. It also seems to affect males between 20 and 40 years of age.

Totally believe like yourself that Delta variant remains a priority.

John Major? 

Last I heard he was giving Edwina Currie multiple shots unlikely as it may seem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Agreed. But I think the more serious concern is that with nearly 77% in Japan being fully vaxxed, and another 2% partials, my guess is that they are near to saturation levels, and that there will be few among the remaining 21% who will want to be vaxxed, and even fewer who are suitable for a trial. 

Where is that Kamikaze spirit when they really need it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BigHewer said:

What is interesting to me is that the potential trials in this particular case are slated to focus on unvaccinated volunteers. Wouldn’t it be just as valuable to examine efficacy in vaccinated volunteers as well since breakthrough cases appear to be common?

Does anyone one know what Pfizer is planning in this regard?

Excellent point!!!! Clinical trials must have sufficient participants and include both sexes, different age groups and ethnic heritage. By the time new vaccines are developed many nations will be 80%+ vaccinated already and a portion not vaccinated are reluctant anyway.

Why not examine vaccinated individuals also.

Big Pharma...Big Pharma....Big Pharma.

Brought to you from the people that sell their new anti covid medication at US$3000.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Excellent point!!!! Clinical trials must have sufficient participants and include both sexes, different age groups and ethnic heritage. 

They are also required to be healthy until you reach the double-blind placebo stage of testing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Excellent point!!!! Clinical trials must have sufficient participants and include both sexes, different age groups and ethnic heritage. By the time new vaccines are developed many nations will be 80%+ vaccinated already and a portion not vaccinated are reluctant anyway.

Why not examine vaccinated individuals also.

Big Pharma...Big Pharma....Big Pharma.

Brought to you from the people that sell their new anti covid medication at US$3000 per treatment when the far more effective Ivermectin is sold at 10c per tablet.

Clearly a child of the US health care system...

Just now, JohninDubin said:

They are also required to be healthy until you reach the double-blind placebo stage of testing.

Exactly. Whats the point of suspecting a sudden death of a person that is in the final stages of cancer, diabetes or angina? Good relevant point John.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Agreed. But I think the more serious concern is that with nearly 77% in Japan being fully vaxxed, and another 2% partials, my guess is that they are near to saturation levels, and that there will be few among the remaining 21% who will want to be vaxxed, and even fewer who are suitable for a trial. 

In Osaka it would be even higher, well into the 80s I would say. Very few willing and able unvaccinated participants there. Where I am currently out in the boondocks of Toyama it is much lower. 

I wonder where Pfizer will draw their participants? I’m also still curious as to whether vaccinated individuals will take part in the trials (which they frankly should).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I thought the ex-PM had fallen ill 

After eating too many Spitting image pea's .? 

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Pfizer has reportedly begun developing a new version to combat the Omicron

Makes it sound like a baddy outta the next Transformers movie .. 

IMG_20211130_142551.jpg

• Haha 2

Breaking news: 9 cases of new variant detected in Scotland. All related to a single incident. Symptoms mild and do not require hospitalisation so far.

Ireland is requiring ALL arrivals to have a PCR test before entry. That is unlikely to keep the new variant out because entry can be made from Ulster under UK rules that only require a PCR test from suspect countries.

• Like 2

Latest reports from the Moderna CEO are far less optimistic than the Pfizer CEO.

3 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Seriously though, I heard UK scientists saying yesterday, that this new strain has milder impact than it's predecessors.

Just what the S Africans have been saying - more contagious, but a lot less dangerous.

• Like 1

This thread is now locked and all of the posts that mentioned Ivermectin have been removed as they were off topic.

The subject of the thread was:

Pfizer CEO says new version of vaccine under development to target Omicron

• Like 1
  • Angry 1