News Forum - Cabinet okays new visa scheme allowing a 1 year stay for medical tourists

Thaiger

A new visa scheme approved, in principle, by the Thai Cabinet today will allow foreigners who are travelling to Thailand for medical treatment to stay in the Kingdom for up to a year. At the moment, many medical tourists stay in the country on 60-day tourist visas, which can be extended for another 30 days, and (before the pandemic) many in Thailand for longterm medical treatment had to do border runs every three months to get a new visa. Under the new visa scheme, medical tourists will need to provide a bank statement showing they have at least 800,000 baht […]

The story Cabinet okays new visa scheme allowing a 1 year stay for medical tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Prosaap said:

Thats the same as a O visa 800.000 in the bank but if you come for treatment how you get a bank account or is it ok as it is in your home country

It seems a bit chicken and egg if the account has to be in Thailand - you can't get the visa without 800k in the bank, but how do you have a Thai account without the visa?

All a bit confusing.

Edit: reading the PBS article, maybe it's a foreign bank account. Clear as mud.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

foreigners who are travelling to Thailand for medical treatment to stay in the Kingdom for up to a year

A year for medi' treatment .! cluck me you could have a full rebuild in that time , t*ts , teeth , retooled , the lot .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

A year for medi' treatment .! cluck me you could have a full rebuild in that time , t*ts , teeth , retooled , the lot .. 

Take a year's living expenses out of the 800k baht, and you won't get much in the way of private medical treatment for a year for what's left.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

If it was a full rebuild, you might end up with someone else's bits if they weren't concentrating.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

If it was a full rebuild, you might end up with someone else's bits if they weren't concentrating.

Go as a geezer , come back as a LB ? Is that what you mean .. 

• Haha 2

The same conditions as a retirement visa, except for the under 50's to enjoy a year treating male erectile dysfuction...

Edited by Artemis080
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

more Katoey's...

On 11/30/2021 at 8:13 PM, Paco said:

Another useless visa and the same as O VISA people need to have insurance so why the 800000 baht????

I am not aware of a similar visa per people younger than 50 years old.
As long as the hospital appointment requirement is not very strict, this can be an amazing visa for young people to stay for a very long time.
This visa seems great to me.

On 11/30/2021 at 5:31 PM, Thaiger said:

A new visa scheme approved, in principle, by the Thai Cabinet today will allow foreigners who are travelling to Thailand for medical treatment to stay in the Kingdom for up to a year. At the moment, many medical tourists stay in the country on 60-day tourist visas, which can be extended for another 30 days, and (before the pandemic) many in Thailand for longterm medical treatment had to do border runs every three months to get a new visa. Under the new visa scheme, medical tourists will need to provide a bank statement showing they have at least 800,000 baht […]

The story Cabinet okays new visa scheme allowing a 1 year stay for medical tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This visa is super interesting for people younger than 50. It is unlikely that there will be the 400k minimum requirement and the requirements of not spending for 3 months before and after, because the purpose is very different than retiring in Thailand.

I see a lot of non constructive comments on this very important and very useful thread...

Where can we learn more details?

11 minutes ago, gavi said:

It is unlikely that there will be the 400k minimum requirement and the requirements of not spending for 3 months before and after, because the purpose is very different than retiring in Thailand.

More like  800,000 in a bank account which can not be opened from outside Thailand.

Then you will qualify for the rakah piiset at the hospital. 

12 hours ago, gavi said:

I am not aware of a similar visa per people younger than 50 years old.
As long as the hospital appointment requirement is not very strict, this can be an amazing visa for young people to stay for a very long time.
This visa seems great to me.

There isn't any, besides elite visa, I have been on a search before for a long time after I divorced