uk tourist visa processing times

djeasyrider

Applied for 6month UK tourist visa for my wife around start of November, biometrics visit to Sukhumvit soi13 on November 11.  Still waiting. 

UK in Thailand facebook says " Due to extremely high global demand, standard UK visitor visas are currently experiencing a significant delay in processing."

Waiting to fly, not knowing how long is really frustrating.

Anyone applied in November (normal service, not priority), got passport back yet?

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has applied for the same short-term tourist visa; her appointment for biometrics was 9th. 

There, VFS were encouraging applicants to pay around ฿9,500 to ensure a decision and return of passport within 15 working days. 

I remember last time they said this, the passport came back quite quickly, around two weeks. 

UK visas are supposed to reach a decision within 15 working days, and if late, send a message saying so.

We didn't take up their offer this time either and I'm wondering whether you've got yours back yet?

• 1 year later...

We just got a visit visa and waited 5 weeks for the visa on the standard service.  My girlfriend had visited before.  There was a note on the web when we applied that said it might take 6 weeks so we were happy to get this early christmas present.