News Forum - PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says PCR tests will remain a requirement for foreign arrivals

Thaiger

38 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Change his mind faster than i change my pants

Not like anything new transpired and others countries are doing similar......

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Nope, the insurance is not paying, just b/c someone is testet positive and the authorities say you have to stay in a hospital.

No symtoms, no medical need for a hospital bed: no payment of insurances 

You would need an special and more expensive insurance, which would cover unreasonable hospitalisation. But: if people would get them, my guess is that that would be the starting signal for higher positive tested numbers,  on arrival:

Medical hub!

My friend was tested positive on arrival, no symptom, not sick, nothing, he just came out yesterday after 10 days in an hotel room in Pattaya, not hospital. Obviously he had the required insurance, of which they got the details from day one, no bill when he went out so it looks like the insurance will do its job.

11 hours ago, BangkokBen said:

Changing the requirements once again.  Good bye 2021-22 high season and good bye Thai tourist industry.

Wait - there will be more changes - guaranteed. And very few good ones for tourists for a while.  This Pandemic aint over - sometime in 2022 (hopefully). Until then anything can happen. 

You could have done all the organising and paid for everything and gone through all the applications etc etc - and then on the flight in from your country there is another outbreak/mutation in your country and you are welcomed with 14 days quarantine.  Even worse - the ahole sitting near you bought a fake vaccine certificate and he gives it to you/wife, and then you/wife test positive on arrival. Same thing for an unvaccinated 'child' siting near you.

I am not 'scared' of getting Covid, because I am vaccinated and I will probably get it one day anyway. But I do not want to run the risk of my expensive and now very troublesome annual holiday to Thailand with the wife, being ruined because of testing on arrival.  Tests and Quarantine on Arrival -  Then we will not be arriving.

When you to testing on arrival all the restrictions and rules, and their constant changes, it amazes me that tourists would visit Thailand for a short holiday now.  The Thai Govt has decided that Tourism is more important that Health  - but they are putting tourists through hell and making them take all the risks - while more and more Thais from villages where covid is growing are coming into Phuket and Bangkok with no testing (and there are more and more illegals coming across the borders).   

We are happy to take the risk of getting Covid in Thailand - but we aint willing to take the risk of being tested positive on arrival in Thailand.  

PS - how many people test positive each day at the airports? That information is also 'quarantined' .  An Aussie bloke on another Forum said that at Swampy he was told by a local that it was hundreds this month. That makes sense - because if it was only a few, they would publish the numbers. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Wait - there will be more changes - guaranteed. And very few good ones for tourists for a while.  This Pandemic aint over - sometime in 2022 (hopefully). Until then anything can happen. 

You could have done all the organising and paid for everything and gone through all the applications etc etc - and then on the flight in from your country there is another outbreak/mutation in your country and you are welcomed with 14 days quarantine.  Even worse - the ahole sitting near you bought a fake vaccine certificate and he gives it to you/wife, and then you/wife test positive on arrival. Same thing for an unvaccinated 'child' siting near you.

I am not 'scared' of getting Covid, because I am vaccinated and I will probably get it one day anyway. But I do not want to run the risk of my expensive and now very troublesome annual holiday to Thailand with the wife, being ruined because of testing on arrival.  Tests and Quarantine on Arrival -  Then we will not be arriving.

When you to testing on arrival all the restrictions and rules, and their constant changes, it amazes me that tourists would visit Thailand for a short holiday now.  The Thai Govt has decided that Tourism is more important that Health  - but they are putting tourists through hell and making them take all the risks - while more and more Thais from villages where covid is growing are coming into Phuket and Bangkok with no testing (and there are more and more illegals coming across the borders).   

We are happy to take the risk of getting Covid in Thailand - but we aint willing to take the risk of being tested positive on arrival in Thailand.  

PS - how many people test positive each day at the airports? That information is also 'quarantined' .  An Aussie bloke on another Forum said that at Swampy he was told by a local that it was hundreds this month. That makes sense - because if it was only a few, they would publish the numbers. 

Not hard to find such stats online. Accurate or not would be a matter of opinion for some.

More difficult to find is any official number of the more and more villagers arriving in Phuket or Bangkok. Or the more and more illegals coming across borders!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Not like anything new transpired and others countries are doing similar......

Exactly - but that other countries are quite justifiably doing the same thing hardly matters to some here.

All that matters is that if a decision is made to change policy as circumstances change then it's an opportunity to say that they're moving the goalposts .....

... and if the decisions made to not change policy as circumstances change then it's an opportunity to say that they're inflexible.

... all par for the course here, rather sadly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Exactly - but that other countries are quite justifiably doing the same thing hardly matters to some here.

All that matters is that if a decision is made to change policy as circumstances change then it's an opportunity to say that they're moving the goalposts .....

... and if the decisions made to not change policy as circumstances change then it's an opportunity to say that they're inflexible.

... all par for the course here, rather sadly.

Yup, as you said

Par for the course

I live in Canada 

They just re-instituted arrival testing and isolating until negative result 

Except if coming from US

But that may change and we will be in the US coming back on Dec 26th

So it may change for us by then

If you want to travel during a pandemic, this is how it goes....  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Of course you are wrong

But why bother to actually do research on what you are replying to, better to have a moan and bitch about it than actually be right, hey?

Yes, AXA will cover for the medical expense incurred based on medical necessity if you’re tested positive for COVID-19 regardless of the showing of symptoms.

Q: What does Medical Necessity mean?

A: It means medical treatment which meets the following conditions:

(1) in accordance with the diagnosis and treatment for such illness or injury of the patient;

(2) in accordance with medical indication of current medical standard;

(3) not primarily for the convenience of the patient or his/her family or treatment provider solely; and

(4) in accordance with the suitable standard of patient care based on the necessity of injury or sickness of patient

In the determination of Medical Necessity, AXA also follows the guideline published by the Ministry of Public Health.

The display of symptoms is not the only indicator used by AXA in the determination of Medical Necessity. If the medical expense incurred is medically necessary, then AXA will cover even if there is no symptoms. Similarly, a COVID19 test result is not the only indicator used by AXA in the determination of Medical Necessity. If the medical expense incurred is medically necessary, then AXA will cover even if the first COVID19 test result is later determined as a false positive.

Many thanks. I just reread my coverage and all is sound!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Convert54 said:

Not hard to find such stats online. Accurate or not would be a matter of opinion for some.

More difficult to find is any official number of the more and more villagers arriving in Phuket or Bangkok. Or the more and more illegals coming across borders!

If you are referring to my statement that there are no daily stats on the number of positive tests on arrival at the airports - please send a link/reference. I could not find them despite looking online.

Yes - those stats would be interesting but are unknown. I would say a few hundred on most days - sometimes more. 

On 11/30/2021 at 3:39 PM, Thaiger said:

hailand will continue using the RT-PCR method to screen arrivals for Covid-19 as a preventative measure to keep the Omicron variant from reaching Thai soil. PM Prayut Chan-o-cha announced today that the Cabinet decided to reverse the CCSA’s decision to change the testing method to the faster, yet less reliable ATK method.

Stay tuned, I am not sure who gets to spin the wheel of answers tomorrow.  And they wonder why tourists might be hesitant to arrive in Thailand.  Heck the policy might change 3 to 4 times while the tourist is in flight. 

image.thumb.png.0ef4850a82caff7eda567958c84e5302.png