Jump to content

News Forum - Foreigner claims Bangkok taxi pocketed 1,000 baht for ride down Sukhumvit


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/30/2021 at 2:27 PM, riclag said:

Taxi drivers are a curse for us  khee niaow falangs! I don’t know what it is with my perception of them,especially the ones who don’t put the meter on !

Them ,cops , car repair guys ,car salesmen  and not necessarily in that order 

I’ve actually found car salesman in Thailand to be lovely, with set prices on new cars it takes the frustration out of buying. 
The sales girl who sold me my last car has been wonderful, her after sales service has been amazing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Marc26 said:

What is wrong with BKK taxis?

They are cheap as hell, clean, awesome AC and the majority of drivers are very nice.

90% of the time they turn on the metre before you have to ask and if they don't.................there is always another taxi right behind it that will

That being said, I am a big fan of the BTS

tell the taxi boys I said hi.....see ya on the BTS.....

if you never pet snakes u will never get bitten

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

tell the taxi boys I said hi.....see ya on the BTS.....

if you never pet snakes u will never get bitten

Of course, no actual answer to my question

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Of course, no actual answer to my question

This article is the reason..why should I take a taxi when there are other options?

If you dont play with fire you never get burned--should I take a taxi and tuk tuk to please you????

And u must enjoy sitting in the dreaded well known bkk traffic---enjoy yourself Ill use other options--ok???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

This article is the reason..why should I take a taxi when there are other options?

If you dont play with fire you never get burned--should I take a taxi and tuk tuk to please you????

And u must enjoy sitting in the dreaded well known bkk traffic---enjoy yourself Ill use other options--ok???

Fair enough..........I was genuinely interested in your reason

 

Like I said, I think the BTS is great...but at night I mostly use taxis to get back to hotel

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never had an issue in Bangkok with a taxi driver not putting on the meter, not to say there was some issues occassionally coming from swampi.  Compared to the taxi drivers in Beijing and Manilla the guys here in bkk are angels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Thommo said:

Never had an issue in Bangkok with a taxi driver not putting on the meter, not to say there was some issues occassionally coming from swampi.  Compared to the taxi drivers in Beijing and Manilla the guys here in bkk are angels.

Manila, jakarta, are horrible

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even after living here for 25 years Im still on to all the tricks old habits die hard, If I go to the bar in the evenings I usually stop at a 7/11 buy something so I've got a pocket full of change,

I think the taxi drivers in Phuket are the worst in Thailand, one night I was in Patong time to go home I walked down the beach road taxi's all along there at night, I asked some of them how much to Nai Harn 4000 baht I was quoted normally 700 baht, I thought maybe they just dont want to go that distance, I wasn't drunk,

I just carried on walking to the end of the beach road a tuk tuk came along 700 baht, off we go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use