News Forum - Foreigner claims Bangkok taxi pocketed 1,000 baht for ride down Sukhumvit

Thaiger

21 hours ago, Marc26 said:

What is wrong with BKK taxis?

They are cheap as hell, clean, awesome AC and the majority of drivers are very nice.

90% of the time they turn on the metre before you have to ask and if they don't.................there is always another taxi right behind it that will

That being said, I am a big fan of the BTS

tell the taxi boys I said hi.....see ya on the BTS.....

if you never pet snakes u will never get bitten

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

tell the taxi boys I said hi.....see ya on the BTS.....

if you never pet snakes u will never get bitten

Of course, no actual answer to my question

21 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Of course, no actual answer to my question

This article is the reason..why should I take a taxi when there are other options?

If you dont play with fire you never get burned--should I take a taxi and tuk tuk to please you????

And u must enjoy sitting in the dreaded well known bkk traffic---enjoy yourself Ill use other options--ok???

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

This article is the reason..why should I take a taxi when there are other options?

If you dont play with fire you never get burned--should I take a taxi and tuk tuk to please you????

And u must enjoy sitting in the dreaded well known bkk traffic---enjoy yourself Ill use other options--ok???

Fair enough..........I was genuinely interested in your reason

Like I said, I think the BTS is great...but at night I mostly use taxis to get back to hotel

• Like 1

Never had an issue in Bangkok with a taxi driver not putting on the meter, not to say there was some issues occassionally coming from swampi.  Compared to the taxi drivers in Beijing and Manilla the guys here in bkk are angels.

7 hours ago, Thommo said:

Never had an issue in Bangkok with a taxi driver not putting on the meter, not to say there was some issues occassionally coming from swampi.  Compared to the taxi drivers in Beijing and Manilla the guys here in bkk are angels.

Manila, jakarta, are horrible

Even after living here for 25 years Im still on to all the tricks old habits die hard, If I go to the bar in the evenings I usually stop at a 7/11 buy something so I've got a pocket full of change,

I think the taxi drivers in Phuket are the worst in Thailand, one night I was in Patong time to go home I walked down the beach road taxi's all along there at night, I asked some of them how much to Nai Harn 4000 baht I was quoted normally 700 baht, I thought maybe they just dont want to go that distance, I wasn't drunk,

I just carried on walking to the end of the beach road a tuk tuk came along 700 baht, off we go