News Forum - Ministry prepares to bring back Thais from eight African countries starting tomorrow

Thaiger

With Thai authorities issuing a travel ban on those from 8 African countries reporting the new Omicron variant, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is preparing to bring Thai citizens in the high risk countries back to Thailand. Citizens living in Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe can apply for a COE (certificate of entry) to return to Thailand from tomorrow, according to a post the Ministry made on Twitter. Returnees must register online and must be quarantined for 14 days upon the arrival. Following the new travel restrictions issued by the Public Health Ministry on Saturday, […]

The story Ministry prepares to bring back Thais from eight African countries starting tomorrow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Derek808Maui

I hope when they bring back the Thai Citizens, they do not follow the same procedure as in the first wave of covid. Thai citizens were allowed back into the country without any covid testing, and possibly infecting the other passengers on the airline, and Thailand with the Omicron Variant.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, AlohaFromThailand said:

Derek808Maui

I hope when they bring back the Thai Citizens, they do not follow the same procedure as in the first wave of covid. Thai citizens were allowed back into the country without any covid testing, and possibly infecting the other passengers on the airline, and Thailand with the Omicron Variant.

In the report, it states that Thais arriving back will have to go into quarantine for 14 days 

• Like 2

"News Forum - Thailand entry restrictions on African countries in response to Omicron" how different Thai nationals they want to bring from the tourists? did they have special Thai immunity, will they pass the special tests?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

don't forget those toilet paper

People should more concerned about the former variants than from the new variants. The studies of hozpitalization shows that. Former variants had much more serious symptoms.

Personally, I was appalled by the actions of my own governemnt in not bringing home its' own citizens. So I am glad to see this happening. Of, course it will require strict quarantine for Thais returning home. But Thailand did a great job the first time around with Alpha and can do it again. I don't think history will repeat itself. 

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

With Thai authorities issuing a travel ban on those from 8 African countries reporting the new Omicron variant, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is preparing to bring Thai citizens in the high risk countries back to Thailand. Citizens living in Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe can apply for a COE (certificate of entry) to return to Thailand from tomorrow, according to a post the Ministry made on Twitter. Returnees must register online and must be quarantined for 14 days upon the arrival. Following the new travel restrictions issued by the Public Health Ministry on Saturday, […]

The story Ministry prepares to bring back Thais from eight African countries starting tomorrow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why are these Thais out in the first place