News Forum - Public Health Ministry monitoring Omicron variant, public urged not to panic

Thaiger

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry says the public shouldn’t panic over the emergence of the Omicron Covid-19 variant. Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit says the ministry is monitoring the situation and on alert for possible Omicron cases. Meanwhile, people should continue to observe existing disease prevention measures. “The departments of Medical Sciences and Disease Control have been tasked with monitoring the new variant closely and communicating with the public regularly to ease their concerns. Meanwhile, all provincial public health offices must follow the VUCA measures – vaccination, universal prevention, Covid-free setting, and use of antigen test kits. These measures should especially target priority […]

The story Public Health Ministry monitoring Omicron variant, public urged not to panic as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I can hear corporal Jones yelling "don't panic!.... don't panic!".... I don't believe there is any need to panic...just yet. In my country, we already have 6 cases. Yes, it appears this variant is more infectious than Delta. But it let's see what it's like in terms of causing serious illness and death. The next two weeks should provide some answers.