News Forum - Bangkok Metropolitan Administration opens up registration for free Covid-19 vaccines

Thaiger

To coincide with the Smart Entry scheme for public safety, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has opened the Covid-19 vaccine registration for Thais and non-Thais aged 18 and up. The programme will deliver the first dose, as well as the second and third doses. From now on, registration will be done through the QUEQ application. Those who intend to vaccinate in a group (of 10 or more people) can fill out a form using the QR code. Those who are unable to register through the app may do so at the immunisation site in Din Daeng, Veth Sports Building 2, Bangkok […]

The story Bangkok Metropolitan Administration opens up registration for free Covid-19 vaccines as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I tried to use QUEQ to register for the vaccines but was never successful. First I cannot find a channel inside the QUEQ related to Covid vaccine registration. I do see many hospitals or clinics for me to make a reservation, but I think this is not related to the vaccination, but to make an appointment with doctors. Second, as a foreigner, I cannot understand Thai, some promotions look like they are related to Covid or vac, because I can tell the pictures, however when I used google to translate them, none of them were vaccination, instead, they were insurance, test, and quantization. I also tried six times to call BKK Health Office 022032883, but the line was always busy so I could not dial-in. Red Cross requires old people or people with chronic conditions to walk in for vaccination, but we are not qualified. We want to be vaccinated, but after 1 year of waiting, still difficult to access the vaccines. I have purchased queue but need several months to wait for it. I am going to give it up. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

We want to be vaccinated, but after 1 year of waiting, still difficult to access the vaccines. I have purchased queue but need several months to wait for it. I am going to give it up. 

Sorry, I can't understand this.

As far as I know everyone who registered on the expatvac site has been vaccinated by now, and walk-ins are easily available in Bangkok where you apparently are.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, I can't understand this.

As far as I know everyone who registered on the expatvac site has been vaccinated by now, and walk-ins are easily available in Bangkok where you apparently are.

The expatvac site crashed on more than one occasion, which was acknowledged by the MFA.
They were advised to reregister, however when they tried the system wouldn't accept a further registration noting they were already registered - a complete administrative cluster f***.

Many have since been vaccinated at local walk in centres, receiving 2 x Pfizer jabs, although that appertains to my local Province, I can't comment on what should have and what didn't happen elsewhere.

My advice to those still waiting or wanting a vaccination is to visit your local Provincial Health authority office who can advise and register you locally.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kelvin said:

I tried to use QUEQ to register for the vaccines but was never successful. First I cannot find a channel inside the QUEQ related to Covid vaccine registration. I do see many hospitals or clinics for me to make a reservation, but I think this is not related to the vaccination, but to make an appointment with doctors. Second, as a foreigner, I cannot understand Thai, some promotions look like they are related to Covid or vac, because I can tell the pictures, however when I used google to translate them, none of them were vaccination, instead, they were insurance, test, and quantization. I also tried six times to call BKK Health Office 022032883, but the line was always busy so I could not dial-in. Red Cross requires old people or people with chronic conditions to walk in for vaccination, but we are not qualified. We want to be vaccinated, but after 1 year of waiting, still difficult to access the vaccines. I have purchased queue but need several months to wait for it. I am going to give it up. 

Hi, @Kelvinand welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear of your vaccine access difficulties but, as I understand the situation, whilst the Expatvac online system has proved to be a failure, many/most expats have been able to register and receive vaccination via their nearest state hospital. Is this route available to you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Hi, @Kelvinand welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear of your vaccine access difficulties but, as I understand the situation, whilst the Expatvac online system has proved to be a failure, many/most expats have been able to register and receive vaccination via their nearest state hospital. Is this route available to you?

Hardly a "failure" or a "complete administrative cluster f***"!

A comparative few were unable to re-register when it crashed, but anyone who suffered and followed it up could re-register through their local or provincial hospital, PHA or PAO.

Walk-ins for foreigners have been widely available not only in Bangkok but many other provinces, although not necessarily with the vaccine of choice / preference, and a number of private hospitals have been offering walk-in vaccinations anytime for months, even where I am (Loei province).

• Haha 1

I think before the make the article try if it works i try to get vaccin for my girlfriend but as usual something made by a thai dont work i not say they are stupid but dumb at least 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Hardly a "failure" or a "complete administrative cluster f***"!

A comparative few were unable to re-register when it crashed, but anyone who suffered and followed it up could re-register through their local or provincial hospital, PHA or PAO.

About 80% of the locals who had registered using the expatvac site were unable to reregister after the first crash. I think that constitutes a 'failure'.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Faz said:

About 80% of the locals who had registered using the expatvac site were unable to reregister after the first crash. I think that constitutes a 'failure'.

Do you have a source for that?

7 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

I think before the make the article try if it works i try to get vaccin for my girlfriend but as usual something made by a thai dont work i not say they are stupid but dumb at least 

Are you saying that AZ "made by a Thai don't work" because they are "dumb at least", or that the registration systems don't work?

I think this is not about where you can get it before i get pissed of by the news they now start something give the name of a app tell people to register there and then it not work like everything else they try to do 

6 minutes ago, Faz said:

... and as well as being curious about your source for that "80%", do you know how many of those actually tried to re-register or get any help from their local or provincial hospitals, PHA's, or PAO's and were unsuccessful?

Not sure the made in thailand az work or not this is not my expertise i know i not want it not need it i got 2 pfizer last august already i mean the system like this app the 90 day app and on and on    

Just now, Faz said:

Yeah, come down to Roi Et and I'll introduce you to members of our expats group.

Are you saying the source for your claim that "About 80% of the locals who had registered using the expatvac site were unable to reregister after the first crash" was some expats you know in Roi Et?

I just want to make sure I've understood this properly, since all other actual reports are that nationwide it was a considerable success.

7 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Not sure the made in thailand az work or not this is not my expertise i know i not want it not need it i got 2 pfizer last august already i mean the system like this app the 90 day app and on and on    

Well, you may well be right with those apps and I'm certainly not disagreeing with you on that at all 😇.

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

... and as well as being curious about your source for that "80%", do you know how many of those actually tried to re-register or get any help from their local or provincial hospitals, PHA's, or PAO's and were unsuccessful?

Because of the 'failures' of the expatvac site,  the local Provincial Health authority hospital started making 'appointments' and later walk in centres for both Thai and foreigners.
Some foreigners that scheduled appointments received two AZ shots, whilst those who later went to the walk in centre received 2 Pfizer shots.

I registered through the village head long before the expatvac site was even launched, as advised by the local hospital. My first appointment for June 14th was cancelled as they ran out of vaccines and rearranged for June 28th, when I received the first of 2 AZ shots.

11 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Are you saying the source for your claim that "About 80% of the locals who had registered using the expatvac site were unable to reregister after the first crash" was some expats you know in Roi Et?

I just want to make sure I've understood this properly, since all other actual reports are that nationwide it was a considerable success.

It's a club with 146 members.
You read different reports than many of us. 
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/new-site-for-foreigner-vaccine-mor-prom-deletes-appointments

https://twitter.com/richardbarrow/status/1421683366558982144?lang=en
Due to very high demand, the @MFAThai are reporting some problems on the new vaccination registration site. Some people have been successful, but many saw errors. They are working hard on the problems and ask for your patience

Richard Barrow on Twitter: "‼️WARNING: If you are using the https://t.co/9Qa8Aizb6T website to register for vaccination, your name and email can be seen by everyone. So far, I can see that 21,236 people have registered #Thailand https://t.co/OnISq4WQ2C" / Twitter
I’m not sure how many people were successful, but I can say that so far 25,486 e-mails addresses have been entered. But, many people got an error before they could go to the next step to add personal details. And when they went back to try again, they were told email taken.

The above is what happened to the largest majority of expats that signed up with expatvac site when it was first launched.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Faz said:

It's a club with 146 members.
You read different reports than many of us. 
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/new-site-for-foreigner-vaccine-mor-prom-deletes-appointments

https://twitter.com/richardbarrow/status/1421683366558982144?lang=en
Due to very high demand, the @MFAThai are reporting some problems on the new vaccination registration site. Some people have been successful, but many saw errors. They are working hard on the problems and ask for your patience

Richard Barrow on Twitter: "‼️WARNING: If you are using the https://t.co/9Qa8Aizb6T website to register for vaccination, your name and email can be seen by everyone. So far, I can see that 21,236 people have registered #Thailand https://t.co/OnISq4WQ2C" / Twitter
I’m not sure how many people were successful, but I can say that so far 25,486 e-mails addresses have been entered. But, many people got an error before they could go to the next step to add personal details. And when they went back to try again, they were told email taken.

The above is what happened to the largest majority of expats that signed up with expatvac site when it was first launched.

You're right - we evidently base our views on very different sources.

I think I'll go along with the 100,000 or so who got vaccinated through expatvac rather than the Roi Et expats club an Richard Barrow's blog and tweets, but thank you for putting it into perspective.

26 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I think I'll go along with the 100,000 or so who got vaccinated through expatvac rather than the Roi Et expats club an Richard Barrow's blog and tweets, but thank you for putting it into perspective.

Your figures are debatable as less than 70,000 registered through the expatvac site.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2198739/70k-expats-sign-for-shots

11 minutes ago, Faz said:

Your figures are debatable as less than 70,000 registered through the expatvac site.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2198739/70k-expats-sign-for-shots

That was the total in mid-October, not the total registered which I haven't seen confirmed.

Even then, I think I'll take that 70,000 rather than the Roi Et expats club.

21 minutes ago, Stonker said:

That was the total in mid-October, not the total registered which I haven't seen confirmed.

So why quote a figure of 100,000.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

I think I'll go along with the 100,000 or so who got vaccinated through expatvac

I've already posted the link confirming less than 70,000 registered.
I've misinterpreted or misunderstood your post as usual.

Even when you try to agree in part, you disagree Stonker.
Rather than what you claim to have read, try posting links to support your claims.

I hope you never read that one about the earth being flat!

22 minutes ago, Faz said:

So why quote a figure of 100,000.

I've already posted the link confirming less than 70,000 registered.
I've misinterpreted or misunderstood your post as usual.

You seem to have some difficulty in reading or understanding what's written, both by myself and by the Bangkok Post.

1) I said "100,000 or so". Not "100,000" but "100,000 or so".

To most English speakers I know that means maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. 

Registration started in August, and it was at 70,000 in early October, two months later.  To me, it's a not unreasonable assumption that another month and a half later and as expats saw that they were getting Pfizer not Sinovac it would be "100,000 or so". 

2) Contrary to what you've claimed, your link to the Bangkok Post isn't "confirming less than 70,000 registered" on the expatvac site.

That's simply not correct as the Bangkok Post doesn't say that .

What it actually says, very clearly, is that "The accumulated number of foreign residents registered as of Tuesday was 69,441, he said."

That's not the  number who have registered with expatvac, as you're claiming, but the number registered as at  12 October with registration still open and encouraged.

Very different.

In case there's any doubt about that, the article in the Bangkok Post  ends with Chawetsan Namwat, director of the Public Health Ministry's Health Hazard and Disease Control Division, asking more expats to register:

"Our duty is to distribute vaccines according to the request by the Foreign Ministry so I encourage expatriates who have not yet received the vaccine to register on the website," he said."

52 minutes ago, Faz said:

Rather than what you claim to have read, try posting links to support your claims.

No need -  you've posted the link for me since your link doesn't say what you've claimed it does, but says something very different - actually supporting what I've said rather than what you've claimed.

I don't know if you've misunderstood or misinterpreted it, or if you're misrepresenting it, but the Bangkok Post is very clear.

The 70,000 it refers to was the number of registrations after two months, with more to go in the last month and a half, not "confirming less than 70,000 registered" on the site as you've wrongly claimed.

4 hours ago, Stonker said:

1) I said "100,000 or so". Not "100,000" but "100,000 or so".

Got a link for that.

Contrary to what you've claimed, your link to the Bangkok Post isn't "confirming less than 70,000 registered" on the expatvac site.

What it actually says, very clearly, is that "The accumulated number of foreign residents registered as of Tuesday was 69,441, he said."

Contradicting yourself, or is my maths calculation wrong as well.

Q. Is 69,441 less than 70,000
A. Yes, then it's confirmed.

6 hours ago, Faz said:

Q. Is 69,441 less than 70,000
A. Yes, then it's confirmed.

Well, you've certainly confirmed some things beyond any doubt. All a little disappointing, but not unexpected.