News Forum - “Sandbox” stay shortened to 5 days for vaccinated travellers from overseas

Thaiger

The mandatory stay under the “sandbox” re-entry scheme has been shortened to 5 days for vaccinated travellers entering Thailand. At its general meeting on Friday chaired by the prime minister, the CCSA to cut the stay under “sandbox” regulations from 7 days down to 5. “Happy Quarantine,” as tourism officials call it, has also been cut to 5 days for vaccinated travellers. The “sandbox” scheme is an entry option for vaccinated travellers, with the exception of those arriving from African countries due to the emergence of the Omicron variant. Those who are vaccinated and travelling from one of the 63 […]

The story “Sandbox” stay shortened to 5 days for vaccinated travellers from overseas as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kmc said:

This is confusing: I thought it was just a 1 night in SHA to get test back.  But if you go to Phuket you have to stay 5 nights?  I'm lost.

I think the sandbox is for the vaccinated from countries not in the list of the 63 approved who can just do the 'Test'n'Go' - except those from Africa who have to do the full quarantine like the unvaccinated.

• Like 1