News Forum - Monday Covid Update: 4,753 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

27 coronavirus-related deaths were reported by the CCSA today, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 20,734 with 20,640 of those fatalities during the latest wave, which was first recorded on April 1. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA recorded 4,753 new Covid-19 cases and 6,165 recoveries. There are now 77,811 people in Thailand being treated for Covid-19. Out of the new cases recorded today, 57 were found in correctional facilities. More than 80,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. Since the start […]

The story Monday Covid Update: 4,753 new cases; provincial totals as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just seen that Phuket's numbers are slightly down from Saturday: 133 against 149. Sunday's were not published. Here's hoping that I am wrong in my predictions of gloom and doom for them. 

And before anyone tells me that I cannot believe the accuracy of TH numbers, I don't. But I am delighted to see that they reflect the downward trend of the past few weeks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

Just seen that Phuket's numbers are slightly down from Saturday: 133 against 149. Sunday's were not published. Here's hoping that I am wrong in my predictions of gloom and doom for them. 

And before anyone tells me that I cannot believe the accuracy of TH numbers, I don't. But I am delighted to see that they reflect the downward trend of the past few weeks.

Notice that Japan, Indonesia and the Philippines are all dropping significantly. Fingers crossed. Lets hope that we are both wrong about Phuket.

2 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Sundays number for pcr test was 122..

they closed a music bar again only 3 days after it re opened..

they antigen tested around 900 staff in bangla road and 21 then 17 infected in 2 days

Phuket antigen tests at the start of November were reset and started about 100 atk positives.. today 559 in covid care centres hospitels and community isolation .. not officially recorded as having covid unless followed up with a pcr test..

These numbers have been steadily rising since November 1st

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2