News Forum - Alcohol sales at Bangkok restaurants allowed until 11pm starting Wednesday

Thaiger

The cutoff time for alcohol sales at restaurants in Bangkok will be pushed from 9pm to 11pm. Governor Aswin Kwanmuang reportedly signed a provincial order allowing restaurants to serve booze until 11pm starting Wednesday, according to Thai media. Under the order, entertainment venues, such as bars and nightclubs, must remain closed until the end of the year. The order still needs to be published in the Royal Gazette to be made official. The Tourism Ministry is also pushing to extend alcohol sales to midnight on Christmas and New Years in other “blue” zone provinces, including Phuket and Krabi, which are […]

The story Alcohol sales at Bangkok restaurants allowed until 11pm starting Wednesday as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I think this is a step forward. Sure crowded bars and nightclubs are one thing but have a drink before/after in an open air restaurant with social distancing observed is another. 

• Like 3

Who is stupid enough to fly into Thailand ? what is there for them ? Why would you want to fly for over 13 Hours if your flying from Europe with the rule's there enforcing on you ? Stop thinking about traveling there until they fully reopen and there pandemic efforts are under control. I was hoping to fly into Swampy in Nov and stay till March but that's out now. I'll wait till its fully open and no Hoops to jump through.

• Like 5

what about other places mr government?  not fair other places struggle and have things to pay too... maybe each minister should donate 90% of their income to these places so they know how it feels to struggle

I think the regional governors are the ones with the power to enforce stuff like this. Obviously they do need a nod and a wink from the government first.

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I think the regional governors are the ones with the power to enforce stuff like this. Obviously they do need a nod and a wink from the government first.

Very good observations the last 2 posts. If they (regional officials) can pass legislation about travel restrictions then surely they can pass laws about drinking hours or does big brothers long arm dictate all?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Crowded Bangkok gets this exception but much less densely populated countryside not. Must be a really scientific decision this one!

The Office Reaction GIF

Based upon political sciences.

5 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

Very good observations the last 2 posts. If they (regional officials) can pass legislation about travel restrictions then surely they can pass laws about drinking hours or does big brothers long arm dictate all?

Governors and local authorities can order more restrictions than the government, but they can't order less.

8 hours ago, Paco said:

maybe each minister should donate 90% of their income to these places so they know how it feels to struggle

I doubt any ministers here rely on or could care less about their salaries 😂!

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Governors and local authorities can order more restrictions than the government, but they can't order less.

Interesting.