News Forum - Thai man dies in flurry of bullets

Thaiger

A 27 year-old Thai man has died after receiving a flurry of bullets from a gunman who had stopped the vehicle in which he was travelling. The man, Ampol Bunthong, a native of Phetchabun, was shot 10 times, according to police. The attack occured at about 8:20am this morning, at the Saraphi junction in Muang district. Ampol was riding with 50 year old Rojana Cheewee, when they were targetted. A garland seller says she saw the gunman and described him as being tall, with a pale complexion. The eyewitness says he was wearing a motorcycle helmet when he attacked them […]

The story Thai man dies by flurry of bullets while going to get 2nd Covid shot as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

18 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Kanchanaburi.

Thank you Skipper. The incident itself is shocking in its violent content but the story is only a piece of the puzzle.

For a gunman to shoot his target continuously there must be a motive such as revenge. Are we truly to believe that this occurrence  of cold blooded murder was due to lining up for a second dosage of Covid19 vaccine? Surely a crime of passion was the driving factor or a political killing.

TT allows forum members to chime in with discussion but this topic is rather shallow.

• Thanks 1

There needs to be a lot more detail. And the headline is somewhat misleading. It reads like this poor man died while trying to go to get his second shot, giving the impression that the perpetrator was a rank antivaxxer or something. In reality, going to get the vaccine was incidental to to the story. Hopefully more will come to light in coming days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Much more to this story than reported.

They were friends, he being from Phetchabun, over a 5 hour drive away visiting Kanchanaburi for a 2nd Covid vaccination 🤔

For  good  reasons I  have no  friends

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

i know a girl in Kanchanaburi.

I know a girl called Louise,

She makes me go weak at the knees

She rides around in a Lexus

She comes from Queens but her Dad comes from Texas.

Any relation?😁

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I know a girl called Louise,

She makes me go weak at the knees

She rides around in a Lexus

She comes from Queens but her Dad comes from Texas.

Any relation?😁

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A 27 year-old Thai man has died after receiving a flurry of bullets from a gunman

A 'flurry' of bullets?

Surely  'hail' or a 'shower' of bullets?

The only collective noun I could find for 'flurry' was yeti, if you could find more than one 'yet''for example. Is 'yeti' plural of 'yet'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is a clear trend of drug dealers arming themselves better and better. Similar to late 1970's Mexico or Colombia. "Narcos - Thailand" in progress. Sooner or later there will be a drug cartel or even worse, many cartels. Too many poor people both in the northern and southern borders and COVID made things much worse.

24 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

A 'flurry' of bullets?

Surely  'hail' or a 'shower' of bullets?

The only collective noun I could find for 'flurry' was yeti, if you could find more than one 'yet''for example. Is 'yeti' plural of 'yet'?

Not yet clear on that one .. though flurry might've worked if his name was Mcbhuntong .. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

There is a clear trend of drug dealers arming themselves better and better. Similar to late 1970's Mexico or Colombia. "Narcos - Thailand" in progress. Sooner or later there will be a drug cartel or even worse, many cartels. Too many poor people both in the northern and southern borders and COVID made things much worse.

The killing could easily be related to narcotics trafficking but revenge for unpaid debts and other personal issues can also be involved.  

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone find it strange at last weeks posting that a 40 year old died after coming from Britain ?

They were asking for money for his Hospital bills and repatriation?

Don’t all tourists need full coverage Health or travel insurance to enter Thailand?