News Forum - Police seize 36,000 fake US$100 bills and printing machines in a series of raids

Thaiger

For anyone who has not seen the movie "To Live and Die in LA" with William DaFoe check it out good movie about a counterfeiter and a great car chase to boot:)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

US Secret Service was involved ??  Very unlikely.  I think 'lost in translation' applies there and the Thai Colonel/Policeman meant other US 'policing services'.   

How to report counterfeit currency to the US Secret Service?
Report suspected counterfeit currency to your local authorities. Law enforcement agencies, banks and cash processors will submit suspected counterfeit currency to the Secret Service through our USDollars website.
www.secretservice.gov/investigation/counterfeit    
Seems it is their responsibily, surprised me.🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, palooka said:
How to report counterfeit currency to the US Secret Service?
Report suspected counterfeit currency to your local authorities. Law enforcement agencies, banks and cash processors will submit suspected counterfeit currency to the Secret Service through our USDollars website.
www.secretservice.gov/investigation/counterfeit    
Seems it is their responsibily, surprised me.🙂

Wow - you learn something everyday - thanks.  They have been involved in currency fraud and forgery for a long long time. They do a lot more than guard the US Politicians and POTUS etc. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

For anyone who has not seen the movie "To Live and Die in LA" with William DaFoe check it out good movie about a counterfeiter and a great car chase to boot:)

Young looking William Defoe. Looks like the movie's been around or some top class plastic surgery.

19 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

Young looking William Defoe. Looks like the movie's been around or some top class plastic surgery.

It's an old movie but a good one.  The car chase is one of the best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Cannot be spent in shops either 

Oh dear I wish you, or who ever you are, check your facts before posting nonsense.

This is just one example to prove how wrong you are. If you care to Google you will find you are not only wrong but seriously misleading, or was/is that the intention ?

https://mashable.com/video/major-us-retailers-are-now-accepting-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrency

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

Oh dear I wish you, or who ever you are, check your facts before posting nonsense.

This is just one example to prove how wrong you are. If you care to Google you will find you are not only wrong but seriously misleading, or was/is that the intention ?

https://mashable.com/video/major-us-retailers-are-now-accepting-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrency

You can make digital transactions using Bitcoin, but You cannot take a Bitcoin into a shop and spent it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

You can make digital transactions using Bitcoin, but You cannot take a Bitcoin into a shop and spent it 

Read the link, then post an answer. You can pay in the shop  via a digital transaction on your phone debited from a normal bank or a crypto account. Don't post something you clearly have no knowledge of factually.

13 minutes ago, gummy said:

The link that you posted states that the shop called Nordstrom accepts Bitcoin , that was a report from 2019 .

I looked at Nordsroms website and their shops actually do not accept payments in Bitcoin .

But I do agree with you that its better for posters to check the facts before posting nonsense 

https://nordstrom.knoji.com/questions/nordstrom-bitcoin1/

• Like 1

The link that you posted states that the shop called Nordstrom accepts Bitcoin , that was a report from 2019 .

I looked at Nordsroms website and their shops actually do not accept payments in Bitcoin .

But I do agree with you that its better for posters to check the facts before posting nonsense 

https://nordstrom.knoji.com/questions/nordstrom-bitcoin1/

As I said  Google it for the facts which you have chosen to ignore but still the click bait may be good I guess 😉

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

As I said  Google it for the facts which you have chosen to ignore but still the click bait may be good I guess 😉

My point being that you cannot spend bitcoin in shops like you can spend cash .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

My point being that you cannot spend bitcoin in shops like you can spend cash .

Your point is disputed by simple facts. 

1 minute ago, gummy said:

So , is Bitcoin the same as cash ?

Can I go into any shop in Thailand and buy things using Bitcoin ?

I cannot , so the facts are is that  Bitcoin isnt the same as cash 

57 minutes ago, gummy said:

Could you add something new instead of repeating? Bitcoin is not a substitute for cash, IMO

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

Could you add something new instead of repeating? Bitcoin is not a substitute for cash, IMO

Perhaps you should read the posts again and comprehend better what I was responding too instead of your usual balderdash. The point Fluke made, and to which I was responding,  is that it is not available to be used in shops as a payment which simple googling proves that not to be the case . I think a five year old would know that a digital currency is not cash as you stated irrelevantly to the argument.

13 minutes ago, gummy said:

Perhaps you should read the posts again and comprehend better what I was responding too instead of your usual balderdash. The point Fluke made, and to which I was responding,  is that it is not available to be used in shops as a payment which simple googling proves that not to be the case . I think a five year old would know that a digital currency is not cash as you stated irrelevantly to the argument.

I stated that you cannot take a Bitcoin into a shop and spend that Bitcoin .

You disagreed  with that .

I stated that you cannot take a Bitcoin into a shop and spend that Bitcoin .

You disagreed  with that .

No I simply proved your statement was wrong as googling it provides further evidence as such.

42 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I am going to 7/11 now to buy a beer , can I pay in Bitcoin ?

No idea, if you bothered to Google you would find which shops accept payment by it. I doubt two things though. 1) 7/11s in Thailand  accept it currently and 2) You have no crypto.

However as you say you will shortly be going back to the UK, although you said just that in August but you didn't go by your own admission as you needed to stay for a football match, I suspect whenever you do return you will be surprised how many outlets will be accepting crypto payments.

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

No idea, if you bothered to Google you would find which shops accept payment by it. I doubt two things though. 1) 7/11s in Thailand  accept it currently and 2) You have no crypto.

However as you say you will shortly be going back to the UK, although you said just that in August but you didn't go by your own admission as you needed to stay for a football match, I suspect whenever you do return you will be surprised how many outlets will be accepting crypto payments.

Yes, something else happened that delayed my return to the U.K , family matters , and I thought that I may as well stay in Thailand for Christmas as the U.K property market pretty much comes to a standstill for 2 months over Christmas and no point in going back