Muay Thai gyms with 1 year visas, Need help

Draconis777

Hello guys

I just moved to Thailand, 4 days ago, & I need advice for muay thai gyms with prices, I wont be living in Bangkok

my target is Chiang may, Phuket, or any other similar place you suggest.

My problem is the Muay Thai gym that I am about to apply for, with total cost of 55k Baht (total is included with the price of changing the fee over) 

1 year membership 5900 baht every 3 month extension fee(not included in total)

problem with this gym is that it takes 60 days to process and according to Chiang Mai law I need 21 days left to switch over to a new visa according to info from the gym,  which would make the timings Extremely tight,

What kind of offers do you guys know about that are bulletproof solid  on these things?

I'm here to live & train Muay Thai and enjoy Thailand & I want to do it worry free :), Advices are really really really appreciated Thank you

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Faz said:

What Visa, if any did you enter Thailand on.
What is your age.

I am on a Tourist visa

I am a 33 years old Scandinavian :)

• Like 1

OK, so on entry you were granted permission of stay for 60 days - correct?

You need to change from a Tourist Visa to a Non ED Visa.
The procedure is here:  VE -TV to Non ED..pdf

You can apply for a 60 day Covid extension towards the end of your current 60 day stay, which will grant you a further 60 day stay (120 days). That should allow time for your chosen Gym to prepare any documentation required for your application to a Non ED Visa and still have 15 days permission of stay remaining.

I believe Chiang Mia Immigration require 23 days for a change of Visa status.

There is no 1 year Visa you can apply for. The Non ED permits a stay of 90 days, which you then extend 90 days at a time under section 2.9 of Immigration Bureau orders 327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf for a maximum period of 12 months.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Faz said:

You can apply for a 60 day Covid extension towards the end of your current 60 day stay, which will grant you a further 60 day stay (120 days). That should allow time for your chosen Gym to prepare any documentation required for your application to a Non ED Visa and still have 15 days permission of stay remaining.

There is no 1 year Visa you can apply for. The Non ED permits a stay of 90 days, which you then extend 90 days at a time under section 2.9 of Immigration Bureau orders 327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf for a maximum period of 12 months.

Alright thank you. according to facebook, they are saying they do not give covid extensions unless you have already had your tourist visa extension, I don't know if that is true or not.

Also if anyone has an idea of other gyms, prices and processing times, its highly appreciated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Faz said:

I think that he would first have to apply for the normal 30 day extension before he can apply for the 60 day Covid extension , also the Covid extension is first extended by 14 days and then you have to go back to get the other 46 days , so he would have to wait until he got the 46 day extension stamp because the initial 14 day extension wouldn't be long enough to apply for an Ed Visa  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Draconis777 said:

Alright thank you. according to facebook, they are saying they do not give covid extensions unless you have already had your tourist visa extension, I don't know if that is true or not.

Depends on The Immigration office, some will simply issue 60 day Covid extension rather than the 30 day extension your entitled to.

8 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I think that he would first have to apply for the normal 30 day extension before he can apply for the 60 day Covid extension , also the Covid extension is first extended by 14 days and then you have to go back to get the other 46 days , so he would have to wait until he got the 46 day extension stamp because the initial 14 day extension wouldn't be long enough to apply for an Ed Visa  

Again, depends on the Immigration office @Fluke. Some issue an under consideration stamp first, whilst others don't and issue the 60 day extension on the spot.

Had a friend enter VE beginning of this month. I took him to Immigration to apply for a 30 day extension and the IO said why, you can have 60 days. Issued the 60 day Covid extension there and then.

• Like 1

Wait doesn't the covid extension replace the visa counter? I was told that on facebook, or is it an actual extension to the days you have left, was told it works like a new visa

• Like 1