News Forum - Siam Seaplane makes getting to your destination so much easier

Thaiger

Sponsored Article  There’s an innovative new company that is going to drastically reduce the time required to get to your holiday destination and get to those hard to get to beach resorts in the Land of Smiles. Siam Seaplane will offer Thailand’s first premium amphibious seaplane service, providing faster, easier and seamless access to waterfront locations such as resorts, and marinas. Getting to these locations can be a hassle, time-consuming, and require various means of transportation. Guests arrive at their resort tired and unhappy. An example of a valuable time saving would be the one-hour flight Siam Seaplane offers to […]

The story Siam Seaplane makes getting to your destination so much easier as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

Great Idea. 15 Years too late. From Bangkok Airports can reach Bkk River Hotels, Hua Hin, Pattaya, Samui waterside hotels with nearby or own jetty. Phuket Airport Base coming to serve the many beach front five star resorts there with own jetty plus Phang Na resorts. Ferries /Bus / Taxi Services remain for budget travellers. Limo Services remain but will suffer as direct competition from Bkk & Phuket Airports.

8 hours ago, palooka said:

Been on a seaplane trip in Canada, wasn't as luxurious as this but very memorable and would love to go again. 

We lived a block from the seaplane in Vancouver

We used to take it to the Gulf Islands and Vancouver Island, get off and walk 1 block home

And yes, definitely not as luxurious as these planes look!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I might give it a whirl with my kids. Looks like fun.

If you just want a "jolly", a short helicopter ride is cheaper and probably more fun - normal maximum of five pax.

• Like 2

Interesting development.

Had a look at the corporate sight.seem to be a lot of people trying to make a living off operations of a cessna caravan amphibian that will require a ton of maintenance.

If they manage to get this off the ground/water i think the fares will be a lot higher than the advertorial suggests however good luck to them.

Edited by Cathat
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Stonker said:

If you just want a "jolly", a short helicopter ride is cheaper and probably more fun - normal maximum of five pax.

Yeah it might be a Joly included in a fun plan of point A - point B for fun but you get to land on the water in an airplane. Never did that one, and I love doing fun things with my kids. Just looked up the helicopter rides and they are definitely more expensive than the seaplane. But the way I figure it is I will also keep that into consideration as live once and my kids are my life. Well a big part of my life and they have never been in a helicopter either. So thank you for mentioning that one. The BKK to HH sounds fun. That would be fun to to a BKK - HH then if have a ferry or some sort of a tour boat then HH to Pattaya. Still awhile before things are good and I can do it with them on Uni break next year.

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah it might be a Joly included in a fun plan of point A - point B for fun but you get to land on the water in an airplane. Never did that one, and I love doing fun things with my kids. Just looked up the helicopter rides and they are definitely more expensive than the seaplane. But the way I figure it is I will also keep that into consideration as live once and my kids are my life. Well a big part of my life and they have never been in a helicopter either. So thank you for mentioning that one. The BKK to HH sounds fun. That would be fun to to a BKK - HH then if have a ferry or some sort of a tour boat then HH to Pattaya. Still awhile before things are good and I can do it with them on Uni break next year.

More expensive, yes, on a per hour / per kilometre basis, but the difference is that you can take a ten minute helicopter ride for a 'jolly' for a lot less than the minimum plane charter.

You could also look at balloon flights if they're on again.  There's a balloon charter company in Chiang Mai, and when the Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai balloon festivals are on again you can book flights through the organisers with some of the balloons. We did this a few times when the balloon festival was in Pattaya, and one of the pilots (Thai) flew over our house and dropped us off in the field next door!

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

More expensive, yes, on a per hour / per kilometre basis, but the difference is that you can take a ten minute helicopter ride for a 'jolly' for a lot less than the minimum plane charter.

You could also look at balloon flights if they're on again.  There's a balloon charter company in Chiang Mai, and when the Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai balloon festivals are on again you can book flights through the organisers with some of the balloons. We did this a few times when the balloon festival was in Pattaya, and one of the pilots (Thai) flew over our house and dropped us off in the field next door!

Sounds fun for balloons too. They used to fly the balloons (on one given day) over my old house in Nong Hoi area as they took off from Gymkhana club. Seems that is a thing of the past, but may be wrong as I bought a newer home a little farther out and may just no see them anymore. I did not see the cost of a 10 minute flight but only read it was available.

9 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Sounds fun for balloons too. They used to fly the balloons (on one given day) over my old house in Nong Hoi area as they took off from Gymkhana club. Seems that is a thing of the past, but may be wrong as I bought a newer home a little farther out and may just no see them anymore. I did not see the cost of a 10 minute flight but only read it was available.

For helicopters I think it's about 5,000 baht per seat for an Airbus, less for a Robinson.

36 minutes ago, Stonker said:

For helicopters I think it's about 5,000 baht per seat for an Airbus, less for a Robinson.

I think a 1 hour charter in CM is min 78,750 baht per hour for up in CM, or at least it writes. I think at that rate it is maybe better to go skydiving, but I know my son would never do that one. daughter yes.

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I think a 1 hour charter in CM is min 78,750 baht per hour for up in CM, or at least it writes. I think at that rate it is maybe better to go skydiving, but I know my son would never do that one. daughter yes.

Yes, that 5,000 baht would only be if you were local to the heli - rather a lot more if they have to fly to you first!

Skydiving's a very different ball game, particularly here.