News Forum - COVID-19 SATURDAY: 6,073 infections, 32 deaths, provincial data

Thaiger

Today, the CCSA reported 6,073 new Covid-19 infections, down 486 since yesterday, and 32 Coronavirus-related deaths, half as many as yesterday. Since April 1, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, a total of 2,072,086 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported. In the 24 hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 6,538 recoveries, up 337 from yesterday. There are now 79,780 people currently receiving treatment for Covid-19, down 497 from yesterday, including 1,385 in the ICU and 332 on ventilators. Of the new Covid-19 infections, 169 were found in correctional facilities, 214 were identified by […]

The story COVID-19 SATURDAY: 6,073 infections, 32 deaths, provincial data as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The figures for Phuket are disturbing. That's the seventh straight day of rises with at least one cluster linked to Bangla Rd. Is that any surprise when you see scenes like this beginning at 0.35 

A crowded indoor bar and no masks in use or social distancing being employed.

I've said that I believe that the decision to reopen bars in Pattaya etc will be based on what happens in Phuket, and this does not inspire me with any confidence. Right now, if I were tasked with the decision on when to reopen bars, and I know that is important to a lot of people in places like Pattaya, the only way I can see that happening, is to look what occurs if Phuket limits bar openings to those that are fully open air. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Disturbing at the number of slack and undisciplined people at Bangla. Are they aware of what may happen at all?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Disturbing at the number of slack and undisciplined people at Bangla. Are they aware of what may happen at all?

I think the answer to that is for the Farangs at least, they've all been vaxxed and that confers super-powers on them. I bet when they get home, if you removed their outer clothing, you'd find them all wearing their underpants outside the next layer of clothes.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

(snip) ... look what occurs if Phuket limits bar openings to those that are fully open air. 

Very, very fair - that should have been the first step, not bars vs restaurants.

12 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

The figures for Phuket are disturbing. That's the seventh straight day of rises with at least one cluster linked to Bangla Rd. Is that any surprise when you see scenes like this beginning at 0.35 

A crowded indoor bar and no masks in use or social distancing being employed.

I've said that I believe that the decision to reopen bars in Pattaya etc will be based on what happens in Phuket, and this does not inspire me with any confidence. Right now, if I were tasked with the decision on when to reopen bars, and I know that is important to a lot of people in places like Pattaya, the only way I can see that happening, is to look what occurs if Phuket limits bar openings to those that are fully open air. 

It has been like that for months.

Yes the figures in Phuket are disturbing. Doubling in a week! I'm not going there for the nightlife. For me and my partner,we'll be keeping as far away from Bangla road as possible. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes the figures in Phuket are disturbing. Doubling in a week! I'm not going there for the nightlife. For me and my partner,we'll be keeping as far away from Bangla road as possible. 

Not good start to opening up Thailand and surely not good start to potentially open all nightlife

8 hours ago, Manu said:

It has been like that for months.

If you're referring to the nightlife, vids like this have only been posted for about 4 weeks.