News Forum - Thailand’s nightlife venues and bars told to keep closed until January 16

Thaiger

A post attempting to defame another member has been removed immediately after issuing my advice to desist from personal bickering.

FG's. Do not defame, insult, bully, or harass, any other member, person, or organisation. 

Formal warnings will be issued for further similar comments.

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

Well said Marco. The landscape is rapidly changing, but good time are available if one is adventurous. 

Marco I need to correct myself as far as the term "mate" goes. I would never use to describe a friend, but we use it along with other terms to express familiarity. For example we say, classmate or teammate as part of a group. We might also describe a girlfriend as my mate, but not with a guy to guy thing (unless gay).  

However, if you called me "mate" I wouldn't object, because I know you mean friend. But I would use the term myself. It would sort of stick in my throat.

Another term we're not familiar with is ,"expat". I view this to describe overseas British.  I personally would not call myself that. I don't know how they feel in New Zealand or Australia. Not a big deal but not my way.

• Thanks 1

Just getting back to topic matters. I still like the idea if open air spaces and taking steps to get back to a normal lifestyle without being dictated by this cursed virus. 

Should improvement continue with dropping cases of infection, then open the nightlife venues. But as always a plan is only as good as those executing it. Should patrons and authorities get this mentality that all is now good to go, then we have gained nothing.

• Like 1