News Forum - Thailand’s nightlife venues and bars told to keep closed until January 16

Thaiger

23 hours ago, Stardust said:

And it is funny he refers to higher level, the lower level as he like to talk cannot afford it but the higher levels are known as the customers and have the money for that. With his so called low level you could not fill up any club, massage or karaoke in Thonglor. 

Too right!!!

Isn't it strange that the high society rollers in the Thonglor clubs are the very folk that contributed to the mass increase in covid19 cases.

These are business men, high ranking police and government officials, ambassadors and dignitaries.   But if they are so highly moral then what are they doing in drinking locales with high dollar narcotics served by high dollar prostitutes while their wives and girlfriends put the children to bed and feed the house pets.

<deleted comment>

Edited by KaptainRob
Abusive comment removed
  • Thanks 2

On 11/28/2021 at 6:35 AM, LoongFred said:

He needs to slow down and think before writing. My advice would be to think first and try to express it in simple terms. 

Sorry but it sounds like a person under the influence. 

Or possibly a non-native English speaker?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Too right!!!

Isn't it strange that the high society rollers in the Thonglor clubs are the very folk that contributed to the mass increase in covid19 cases.

These are business men, high ranking police and government officials, ambassadors and dignitaries.   But if they are so highly moral then what are they doing in drinking locales with high dollar narcotics served by high dollar prostitutes while their wives and girlfriends put the children to bed and feed the house pets.

Yep. Super moral. LoongFred would love it while the poorer and less privileged are denied the same entertainment!

Some do it, but many other don't. It was a high risk venue and it's good to be shut down. 

22 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Some do it, but many other don't. It was a high risk venue and it's good to be shut down. 

But it was allowed full operational status with the Thonglor police being fully aware. This is at a time when others faced economic difficulties. There are good and bad in all levels of society but the evil rich can get away with much more.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Of course, most of the tourists aren't western foreigners  and the resident population aren't Western foreigners either. I don't know about these places but if the Asian population is much larger it makes sense to target them.

Western tourists are only a small percent of tourism in Thailand.  I moving forward attractions attracting the Asian tourist will increase in importance.  

Of Western tourists sexpatho are only a small number. Don't you see why the authorities desire to clean up places like Pattaya.  It's all about numbers and regular tourists (mostly Asian) bring in more money.

What an absurd rubbish you write with and reverse all you are other posts,ike winding around. Your posts are the one who make no sense at all. Moaning that also non english speakers are on the forum but not speak Thai. I never was moaning about somebody who is a non native speaker of my language and his way of speaking for sure a bit different than myself, only sombody on a low level and not educated well uses phrases like you. And or on a way to come if somebody is a non native speaker compare to sombody on drugs shows you are really on the lowest level and sombody who has to hide a lot. And this is a clear fact for the native and non native english speakers or readers! And coming always with the same gives question on your mental health status or whats your job in that and what is he hiding?!

28 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Are you speaking out of your altruistic public interest mouth. Or "The Wages of Sin" mouth. Asking for a friend

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stardust said:

What an absurd rubbish you write with and reverse all you are other posts,ike winding around. Your posts are the one who make no sense at all. Moaning that also non english speakers are on the forum but not speak Thai. I never was moaning about somebody who is a non native speaker of my language and his way of speaking for sure a bit different than myself, only sombody on a low level and not educated well uses phrases like you. And or on a way to come if somebody is a non native speaker compare to sombody on drugs shows you are really on the lowest level and sombody who has to hide a lot. And this is a clear fact for the native and non native english speakers or readers! And coming always with the same gives question on your mental health status or whats your job in that and what is he hiding?!

Sorry you're lost me again. Not sure why I try to understand you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Are you speaking out of your altruistic public interest mouth. Or "The Wages of Sin" mouth. Asking for a friend

I'm just writing the truth.  Not everyone like you is focused on your issues. Most people are honest hard working family people.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LoongFred said:

It's an expression of familiarity and since we have never met, would be inappropriate. Actually as you used it, it was meant to be a put down. I don't accept it, and advise you to be civil.

get a life, omg you must be the most boring person in the world...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I'm just writing the truth.  Not everyone like you is focused on your issues. Most people are honest hard working family people.

You may be writing the truth, but it doesn't mean your motives are altruistic.

Your comment is quite unfair, because I've supported several of your posts regarding those who don't care about the possible impact that reopening too quickly might have, and even voted for them.

Regardless, I do think it necessary people be reminded of your dislike of barflies in case they confuse your posts with the public interest. Unlike yourself, my posts are not focussed on my own issues. I've said on more than one occasion, the only thing stopping me from booking a flight is the alcohol ban, but I would not criticise TH for being cautious, especially when you see what is happening in Europe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Pal is slang for friend. It too indicates a friendly relationship. Since I don't know the person at all the use of familiar terms shouldn't apply. 

I'm not that sensitive, but the original post was meant as a put down. 

I'm busting balls and you are correct though

Both terms, Buddy and Pal, can be both friendly and contentious 

Depending on who calls you it

I have a great clip but don't know how to edit it down

Basically the guy says 

"You buddied me??" 5555

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

This is just a personal attack making no reference to anything posted, it's not an argument but character assassination. Accusing a poster of being of a low level, not well educated, implying they are on drugs and questioning their mental health reflects more on you than your target, looks like bullying to me.

Edited by Sarisin

2 hours ago, Paco said:

2 hours ago, Paco said:

14 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

This is just a personal attack making no reference to anything posted, it's not an argument but character assassination. Accusing a poster of being of a low level, not well educated, implying they are on drugs and questioning their mental health reflects more on you than your target, looks like bullying to me.

You are locked in your ways and refuse to see that your way of life is ending. If you read Thai you’ll see  that the new tourist model want family appropriate venues. 

43 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

You are locked in your ways and refuse to see that your way of life is ending. If you read Thai you’ll see  that the new tourist model want family appropriate venues. 

SOOO WHAAATTT?

My way of life? you know my way of life? no you DO NOT at all... i live in a nice house in the mountains, that life is going to end for me? really iam sorry but you the biggest goon i ever saw and so annoying omg. i sincerely hope there is not a person with you 24 hours a day, because how can they put up with your stuff... lol i never thought it would happen that i block someone, but it just happened...

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

On 11/28/2021 at 9:56 AM, Stardust said:

Sorry to tell you that asians are going more to prostitutes than westeners. In China they brothels just not named as brothels that are karaoke centers. Same with the drinking people who know both sides of the world, Europe and Asia, are aware of that. Don't take any propaganda and fairy tale as a fact. 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:11 AM, LoongFred said:

You must be a voice of experience.

Hi.

6 hours ago, Stardust said:

Jesus wept it gets worse !

The closest thing I've seen to incomprehensible since the old testament !

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 11:20 PM, Somchai said:

The Thai government wants Thailand to become a decent family destination for Chinese tourist groups, and they want to get rid of the seedy sex tourism image of the country.

Agreed and I'm only guessing the Government's real intention but ....... like many other countries Covid 19 has given them the opportunity to reset the type and value of future tourism.  Stand alone, low class bars are synonymous with Thailand's sex industry.  That's why they call the 'hostesses' bar girls, rather than low rent prostitutes which they are ....... you can't sugarcoat it.

Realistically the Thai Govt. will never get rid of the sex industry.  But they can supress and minimise it (even with corruption playing a big part).  The worldwide perception of Thailand being a sex destination will of course take decades to change.  But it can be done.  Many countries have a thriving, but regulated sex industry.  For example Amsterdam's famous red light district .... a must see on any tourist's list.  However, think of Holland and most will think of canals, tulips, windmills ..... even cannabis cafes before crotches! So it can be done.

And let's once and for all get rid of the myth that these many low class bars add significantly to the economy.  They do not!  Most sex tourists, sexpats and assorted alcoholics stay in budget accommodation, eat cheap street food, drink low priced beer and do not visit numerous tourist attractions.  Their investment in transport is usually a few baht on a bus, and an occasional cheap taxi ride.  And no, eating the occasional greasy English /American breakfast or fish and chips at the bar doesn't qualify as a significant contribution when you are pissed out of your head at 11pm. Nor does the stupid tee shirt. Their only economic input  is the fee for cheap sex which most invariably ends up with the girls poor family up north.

Finally keeping all these bars closed doesnt mean not having a good time.  You can still enjoy a few cold ones with a delicious plate of cheap food at a local run, small family restaurant. Or maybe some liquor from a 7/11 and sit around your accommodation with friends. The drinking opportunities are still endless

So keeping many of these bars closed awhile longer?  That's a no brainer for me. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LoongFred said:

It's an expression of familiarity and since we have never met, would be inappropriate. Actually as you used it, it was meant to be a put down. I don't accept it, and advise you to be civil.

Dont be too sensitive LoongFred.  I understand what you mean BUT as a New Zealander we do have the habit of calling everyone "mate" as do the Aussies.  Even when the cops grab you they'll say ..."you're under arrest mate!"  So the use of "Buddy" ..... shouldn't realyl be a big deal ...should It?  Far better things to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MARCO said:

Dont be too sensitive LoongFred.  I understand what you mean BUT as a New Zealander we do have the habit of calling everyone "mate" as do the Aussies.  Even when the cops grab you they'll say ..."you're under arrest mate!"  So the use of "Buddy" ..... shouldn't realyl be a big deal ...should It?  Far better things to worry about.

If someone is being friendly it might be OK. But in this case there was no being friendly and offering criticism.  It was rude and ment to be such. 

As for as "mate" goes. We don't use it in America.  It has other meaning you know. I can be a friend but please don't refer me as your mate. 

4 hours ago, MARCO said:

Agreed and I'm only guessing the Government's real intention but ....... like many other countries Covid 19 has given them the opportunity to reset the type and value of future tourism.  Stand alone, low class bars are synonymous with Thailand's sex industry.  That's why they call the 'hostesses' bar girls, rather than low rent prostitutes which they are ....... you can't sugarcoat it.

Realistically the Thai Govt. will never get rid of the sex industry.  But they can supress and minimise it (even with corruption playing a big part).  The worldwide perception of Thailand being a sex destination will of course take decades to change.  But it can be done.  Many countries have a thriving, but regulated sex industry.  For example Amsterdam's famous red light district .... a must see on any tourist's list.  However, think of Holland and most will think of canals, tulips, windmills ..... even cannabis cafes before crotches! So it can be done.

And let's once and for all get rid of the myth that these many low class bars add significantly to the economy.  They do not!  Most sex tourists, sexpats and assorted alcoholics stay in budget accommodation, eat cheap street food, drink low priced beer and do not visit numerous tourist attractions.  Their investment in transport is usually a few baht on a bus, and an occasional cheap taxi ride.  And no, eating the occasional greasy English /American breakfast or fish and chips at the bar doesn't qualify as a significant contribution when you are pissed out of your head at 11pm. Nor does the stupid tee shirt. Their only economic input  is the fee for cheap sex which most invariably ends up with the girls poor family up north.

Finally keeping all these bars closed doesnt mean not having a good time.  You can still enjoy a few cold ones with a delicious plate of cheap food at a local run, small family restaurant. Or maybe some liquor from a 7/11 and sit around your accommodation with friends. The drinking opportunities are still endless

So keeping many of these bars closed awhile longer?  That's a no brainer for me. Cheers!

Well said Marco. The landscape is rapidly changing, but good time are available if one is adventurous. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paco said:

SOOO WHAAATTT?

My way of life? you know my way of life? no you DO NOT at all... i live in a nice house in the mountains, that life is going to end for me? really iam sorry but you the biggest goon i ever saw and so annoying omg. i sincerely hope there is not a person with you 24 hours a day, because how can they put up with your stuff... lol i never thought it would happen that i block someone, but it just happened...

You're welcome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MARCO said:

Such is the ignorance of a person ... who takes offense when you call him a friend. Must we all comply with yank terminology or be faced with another foolish comment. But then when a nation has the lowest literacy per capita in the list of developed nations, what would you expect.

27 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

If someone is being friendly it might be OK. But in this case there was no being friendly and offering criticism.  It was rude and ment to be such. 

As for as "mate" goes. We don't use it in America.  It has other meaning you know. I can be a friend but please don't refer me as your mate. 

Get used to the fact that other nations have their own terms and expressions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Benroon said:

Jesus wept it gets worse !

The closest thing I've seen to incomprehensible since the old testament !

Omg empty heads and Clowns are out. 

20 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Get used to the fact that other nations have their own terms and expressions.

People who never learned another language cannot understand that fact, especially him. But it shows his education level. I guess he even cannot show you on a globe where Australia is.

• Haha 1