News Forum - Thailand’s nightlife venues and bars told to keep closed until January 16

Thaiger

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

No we don't 😂!

At time he seems to make sense but other times not. It's like someone who smoked a joint and thinks they can see things clearly, except no one sober agrees. 

Maybe he cuts and past articles to make himself look OK.

Anyway most of what he tries to say is gibberish. Sorry!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Paco said:

i think you missing many posts of me, i live in Chiang Rai buddy, no prostitution and not many bars, so you very wrong, but many of my friends are working in that sector

I'd prefer you didn't address me as buddy. That's reserved for close friends and I don't know you. I do have numerous true buddies,  but that's not a term we would use.

If there are so few bars/bar fixtures where you're at why are you so interested in there operations?

20 hours ago, Paco said:

i think you missing many posts of me, i live in Chiang Rai buddy, no prostitution and not many bars, so you very wrong, but many of my friends are working in that sector

There are a few bars around the Clock Tower area with some working girls in them and plenty of massage shops that offer extras in the same area 

• Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 1:18 PM, Stardust said:

Funny you talk about a bore because every comment from him is the same!

Some people are consistent, but others ramble on and have zero focus. 

On 11/28/2021 at 1:43 PM, Fluke said:

Yes, but Chinese don't usually come to Thailand just for prostitution , like many Westerners do .

Soapy massage parlors cater specifically to Asian clients

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fluke said:

There are a few bars around the Clock Tower area with some working girls in them and plenty of massage shops that offer extras in the same area 

Is different then chonburi

7 hours ago, LoongFred said:

I'd prefer you didn't address me as buddy. That's reserved for close friends and I don't know you. I do have numerous true buddies,  but that's not a term we would use.

If there are so few bars/bar fixtures where you're at why are you so interested in there operations?

Interested in what? I just do not like dishonesty.. but whatever, already a drama about the word buddy... omg is just a way to speak nicely  to someone..... whatever..... boring

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paco said:

Interested in what? I just do not like dishonesty.. but whatever, already a drama about the word buddy... omg is just a way to speak nicely  to someone..... whatever..... boring

It's an expression of familiarity and since we have never met, would be inappropriate. Actually as you used it, it was meant to be a put down. I don't accept it, and advise you to be civil.

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

It's an expression of familiarity and since we have never met, would be inappropriate. Actually as you used it, it was meant to be a put down. I don't accept it, and advise you to be civil.

What about Pal?

Are you ok with Pal?   😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

What about Pal?

Are you ok with Pal?   😀

Pal is slang for friend. It too indicates a friendly relationship. Since I don't know the person at all the use of familiar terms shouldn't apply. 

I'm not that sensitive, but the original post was meant as a put down. 

23 hours ago, Fluke said:

Voice of experience...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Voice of experience...

I often go in the bars and watch football there and I stay in a hotel around the corner, as its close to the bus station and I do know some of the girls from when they worked in CM , although I don't use their services 

I remember one day I arrived in CR and checked into a hotel and went and put my bag into the room and went straight out and booked a bus ticket for 10 AM the next morning and then went for a beer  then stayed out all night and went back to the hotel to collect my bag from my room at 9.30 AM the following morning  , I spent less than ten seconds in that hotel room and I only had a small backpack 

15 hours ago, Pete424 said:

Soapy massage parlors cater specifically to Asian clients

Of course, most of the tourists aren't western foreigners  and the resident population aren't Western foreigners either. I don't know about these places but if the Asian population is much larger it makes sense to target them.

Western tourists are only a small percent of tourism in Thailand.  I moving forward attractions attracting the Asian tourist will increase in importance.  

Of Western tourists sexpatho are only a small number. Don't you see why the authorities desire to clean up places like Pattaya.  It's all about numbers and regular tourists (mostly Asian) bring in more money.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Of course, most of the tourists aren't western foreigners  and the resident population aren't Western foreigners either. I don't know about these places but if the Asian population is much larger it makes sense to target them.

Western tourists are only a small percent of tourism in Thailand.  I moving forward attractions attracting the Asian tourist will increase in importance.  

Of Western tourists sexpatho are only a small number. Don't you see why the authorities desire to clean up places like Pattaya.  It's all about numbers and regular tourists (mostly Asian) bring in more money.

True, the western sex pats, a dying breed of old men mostly, continue to think what they pay for in booze and pussy is a major contribution to the Thai economy and the well being of Issan. In reality it's a drop in the ocean compared to what the millions of normal visitors contribute. The whole of Pattaya, Soi Cowboy, Nanalaza and Patpong could be closed and it would hardly register on the GNP scale.

Just now, Sarisin said:

it's a drop in the ocean compared to what the millions of normal visitors contribute.

Its a even smaller drop in the Ocean compared to what Thai men spend in Karaoke, massage parlours and the like.  Foreigners do not have one patch on the immoral attitudes of most Thai men and as we have seen, that stretches to the highest echelons of Thai society.

11 minutes ago, gummy said:

Its a even smaller drop in the Ocean compared to what Thai men spend in Karaoke, massage parlours and the like.  Foreigners do not have one patch on the immoral attitudes of most Thai men and as we have seen, that stretches to the highest echelons of Thai society.

I don't know where you get your information but this isn't happening around me. Thai men might have a girlfriend on the side but I don't see them at the places you describe.  Maybe a few younger guys but not many. Maybe the Thai men I know are from a different level of society.

Just now, LoongFred said:

I don't know where you get your information but this isn't happening around me. Thai men might have a girlfriend on the side but I don't see them at the places you describe.  Maybe a few younger guys but not many. Maybe the Thai men I know are from a different level of society.

Just now, LoongFred said:

but I don't see them at the places you describe.

So  you have finally admitted to something that you previously despised of others doing  in your previous posts.  Good to know that by your self-admission today that you visit karaoke and massage parlours as it puts you in the "honest" category. 😉

42 minutes ago, gummy said:

So  you have finally admitted to something that you previously despised of others doing  in your previous posts.  Good to know that by your self-admission today that you visit karaoke and massage parlours as it puts you in the "honest" category. 😉

And it is funny he refers to higher level, the lower level as he like to talk cannot afford it but the higher levels are known as the customers and have the money for that. With his so called low level you could not fill up any club, massage or karaoke in Thonglor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

And it is funny he refers to higher level, the lower level as he like to talk cannot afford it but the higher levels are known as the customers and have the money for that. With his so called low level you could not fill up any club, massage or karaoke in Thonglor. 

Well that may be true also but my point proved that those with something to hide always drop themselves in it eventually.