News Forum - Thailand’s nightlife venues and bars told to keep closed until January 16

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

What you not understand you can write in Thai  😅🤣

If you think "khun putt Thai?" means 'can you speak Thai ?' I doubt that will help 😂!

9 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

I like the idea of open air venues that some of our patrons on TT have suggested. After all the rainy season has finished (apart from the South of course). Social distancing and the open air environment will help restrict the spread of the dreaded virus.

People that have -ve tests and vaccination given priority for entry to the area and everybody uses alcohol gel/fluid, temperature scanners and uses enough common sense not to share drinks etc.

It's a step forward, society can't stay locked up forever. 

My two cents: The most important tool we have in our armoury to beat CV is our own behaviour. I recall once looking at an email from a travel insurance company from whom I'd just bought a policy, and the opening line was, "Now you have travel insurance, you should behave as if you do not have this". I think if we were to take a similar approach to being vaxxed, it would be reflected in a sharp downturn in infections. 

I don't say we need to hide away forever. The advice given to the vaxxed is it will only reach it's optimum effectiveness two weeks after the jab. I am sure that here will be those who don't even observe that two week period before enjoying themselves, but what if we voluntarily decided to wait 4 weeks instead of 2? Would it kill us? As the vaxxed can still transmit the virus, it seems obvious to me that the impatience to get back to normal, is killing others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

My two cents: The most important tool we have in our armoury to beat CV is our own behaviour. I recall once looking at an email from a travel insurance company from whom I'd just bought a policy, and the opening line was, "Now you have travel insurance, you should behave as if you do not have this". I think if we were to take a similar approach to being vaxxed, it would be reflected in a sharp downturn in infections. 

I don't say we need to hide away forever. The advice given to the vaxxed is it will only reach it's optimum effectiveness two weeks after the jab. I am sure that here will be those who don't even observe that two week period before enjoying themselves, but what if we voluntarily decided to wait 4 weeks instead of 2? Would it kill us? As the vaxxed can still transmit the virus, it seems obvious to me that the impatience to get back to normal, is killing others.

Absolutely - an excellent analogy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

That has been my attitude

I've been extremely cautious the last 2 years 

But I'm fully vaxxed and going to live my life 

I take all the cleaning precautions that are suggested 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

That has been my attitude

I've been extremely cautious the last 2 years 

But I'm fully vaxxed and going to live my life 

I take all the cleaning precautions that are suggested 

I like those people who want to be part of the solution, rather than being part of the problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

I like those people who want to be part of the solution, rather than being part of the problem.

I was back in NYC on business 

It's amazing the attitudes towards covid in the US vs Canada 

I would say the overall attitude is dismissive  even from people that are crazy right wingers

At a table of 7 people, 4 have had covid

But they were all scoffing at the more stringent requirements we have in Canada 

I said, I don't know anyone in Vancouver that has had covid

Over half the table here has, you don't see the correlation???

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I was back in NYC on business 

It's amazing the attitudes towards covid in the US vs Canada 

I would say the overall attitude is dismissive  even from people that are crazy right wingers

At a table of 7 people, 4 have had covid

But they were all scoffing at the more stringent requirements we have in Canada 

I said, I don't know anyone in Vancouver that has had covid

Over half the table here has, you don't see the correlation???

The case I keep making is Europe: most restrictions were dropped. Asia: Most restrictions were kept. Per capita infections in Europe are 24X that of Asia. 

What seems even more ridiculous about your experience, is that Canada has public healthcare, and the US does not. Yet it is the people living in a country where the leading cause of bankruptcies are medical bills, that are less likely to exercise caution.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

The case I keep making is Europe: most restrictions were dropped. Asia: Most restrictions were kept. Per capita infections in Europe are 24X that of Asia. 

What seems even more ridiculous about your experience, is that Canada has public healthcare, and the US does not. Yet it is the people living in a country where the leading cause of bankruptcies are medical bills, that are less likely to exercise caution.

One example that stuck out 

In Canada you need to be fully vaxxed to go to gyms

Not so in the US 

The thing is, 6-7/10 people are fully vaxxed in US

And the people that are really into the gym would likely get vaxxed for the reason to go to the gym

So why wouldn't they just have a vax policy 

They'd lose very little business and may gain business 

• Like 3

“ But the CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin noted yesterday that dine-in services, with alcoholic drinks served, will be extended until 11pm and the venues will have to close at midnight”.  

Does the above directive apply to everywhere or limited to Blue Zones?  I am presently in Thathon, Chiang Rai Province.  Went to have dinner at a more up market restaurant and was told I cannot have a beer before my dinner because of the rules.  

Doubt P and his cronies want them open any time soon, just drag it out. The pandemic has been good for controlling protests and strangling out unwanted entertainment areas that give the country a bad image. 

“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity”

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stardust said:

I am not a native english speaker but that doesn't reverse anything what I wrote. By the way how many languages you are able to read and write other than english? This would be interesting. By the way to be able to read english as a native speaker is not always to be able to reflect and think as we could see if you send them the english text of something still they are not understand it. Reading and comprehensive is not the same

Well as this is so much clearer it does indicate a reason why other posts have not made much sense. How many languages I know is irrelevant, this is an English only forum, so English is all that matters, apparently 😄

20 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

Well as this is so much clearer it does indicate a reason why other posts have not made much sense. How many languages I know is irrelevant, this is an English only forum, so English is all that matters, apparently 😄

Your education level is clearly anyway. Thats why other native english speakers understand it and you not. To be able to read english doesn't mean you also be able to understand the the comprehensive sense of the text. And why do you think I not expect you understand what I wrote? 

On 11/28/2021 at 1:40 PM, Fluke said:

Get a different job .

easy to say but most jobs require education... and most of them do not have that... (even 7-eleven staff requires education) and 7-eleven staff are the most dumb asses there can be they can not even speak english or anything...

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 2:38 PM, LoongFred said:

Thailand is a lot more than bars and prostitution. Of course that's all you seem to be interested in.

i think you missing many posts of me, i live in Chiang Rai buddy, no prostitution and not many bars, so you very wrong, but many of my friends are working in that sector

We just need the governor of Chonburi to sign an order, like the governor in Phuket did.

Shazam, Bars can open up all night on New Years Eve and even sooner.

Let's do even better than that darn Phuket governor  555

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stardust said:

Your education level is clearly anyway. Thats why other native english speakers understand it and you not. To be able to read english doesn't mean you also be able to understand the the comprehensive sense of the text. And why do you think I not expect you understand what I wrote? 

On the pop again 😄

I think that bars and nightclubs must be understood as nightlife, this is certainly an opportunity to increase infections.
Last summer in Europe everything was open and there was an increase in infections, thanks to vaccines and free health care it was not a big problem, and tourism has flourished again.
You can't expect tourists to arrive if the nightlife is canceled, although not all tourists are interested in bar girls this doesn't mean other tourists want to go to sleep at 9pm.
Thailand is not made for the rich tourists who dream of the government, it is made for the mass of tourists who want to spend reasonable amounts without limitations of freedom, this means that until the nightlife returns, not even the tourists will return.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Paco said:

easy to say but most jobs require education... and most of them do not have that... (even 7-eleven staff requires education) and 7-eleven staff are the most dumb asses there can be they can not even speak english or anything...

This right here..........I think this plays a major factor, well not major, but a bog factor is holding Thailand back

I encourage education

But it is ridiculous what you need an education for in Thailand and it is all part of the caste system there

We usually stay in 4/5 star hotels in Thailand. The true 5 star hotels, the service is impeccable

But the 4 star hotels, at times the staff can barely understand you and are constantly messing up

I can say, without a doubt, my wife could run circles around most of the staff at these hotels but would never get hired because she lacks a Uni degree

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mudshark said:

Doubt P and his cronies want them open any time soon, just drag it out. The pandemic has been good for controlling protests and strangling out unwanted entertainment areas that give the country a bad image. 

“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity”

I wonder where people get these ideas that the gov is trying to strangle the entertainment industry. As long as it's a nice little earner for TH, they will only pay lip service to closing it. 

• Like 1