News Forum - Thailand’s nightlife venues and bars told to keep closed until January 16

Thaiger

Thailand’s nightlife cat and mouse game between authorities and desperate bar and nightlife businesses will continue until the middle of January 2022. Following deliberations from the CCSA yesterday, entertainment venues will have to keep their doors closed until at least January 16. To put an exclamation mark after the latest announcement, the Thai government has also extended the emergency decree until at least the end of January 2022. But the CCSA did admit that “the situation is very fluid” and that they could grant exemptions “under extenuating circumstances”. Bars in some of the country’s hot tourist zones, particularly in Phuket, […]

The story Thailand’s nightlife venues and bars told to keep closed until January 16 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Businesses have been under enormous strain since March 2020. It's absolutely expected that they are pushing to get back to business to try to restore something out of this nightmare. 

• Like 4

they so easy in every time cancelling the re-opening with their fake promises, maybe time they going to FINANCIAL help the entertainment industry, but they turn their backs to them and do not care unless they profit from it (disgusting) like they stupid sandbox idea of Phuket... so long as the clowns profit from it they permit it, really disgusting... government

• Like 3

The Thai government wants Thailand to become a decent family destination for Chinese tourist groups, and they want to get rid of the seedy sex tourism image of the country.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Nana plaza and soi cowboy are not opening anytime soon. If omnicron proves more contagious than delta and lands in THA, 2022 is a washout. Those venues are never going to be a priority for the government. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Cabra said:

Nana plaza and soi cowboy are not opening anytime soon. If omnicron proves more contagious than delta and lands in THA, 2022 is a washout. Those venues are never going to be a priority for the government. 

Highly possible.

• Like 2

I like the idea of open air venues that some of our patrons on TT have suggested. After all the rainy season has finished (apart from the South of course). Social distancing and the open air environment will help restrict the spread of the dreaded virus.

People that have -ve tests and vaccination given priority for entry to the area and everybody uses alcohol gel/fluid, temperature scanners and uses enough common sense not to share drinks etc.

It's a step forward, society can't stay locked up forever. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Somchai said:

The Thai government wants Thailand to become a decent family destination for Chinese tourist groups, and they want to get rid of the seedy sex tourism image of the country.

Sorry to tell you that asians are going more to prostitutes than westeners. In China they brothels just not named as brothels that are karaoke centers. Same with the drinking people who know both sides of the world, Europe and Asia, are aware of that. Don't take any propaganda and fairy tale as a fact. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Sorry to tell you that asians are going more to prostitutes than westeners. In China they brothels just not named as brothels that are karaoke centers. Same with the drinking people who know both sides of the world, Europe and Asia, are aware of that. Don't take any propaganda and fairy tale as a fact. 

You must be a voice of experience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Somchai said:

This has been stated especially. by TAT many times. The days of the Thai sexpathos in limited.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

I like the idea of open air venues that some of our patrons on TT have suggested. After all the rainy season has finished (apart from the South of course). Social distancing and the open air environment will help restrict the spread of the dreaded virus.

People that have -ve tests and vaccination given priority for entry to the area and everybody uses alcohol gel/fluid, temperature scanners and uses enough common sense not to share drinks etc.

It's a step forward, society can't stay locked up forever. 

Society shouldn't be on lockdown, just places that are high risk like bars and entertainment places.

2 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Society shouldn't be on lockdown, just places that are high risk like bars and entertainment places.

That means that airports, shopping centers, train networks etc should also be shut down. If you actually read my thread its referring to reducing risk of exposure to virus. This is for everybody not just party animals.

Why not promote picnics as opposed to people cooped up in confined areas without ventilation?

Your bias against westerners that like to party is over the top. Locals also go into party mode just as much if not more.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

That means that airports, shopping centers, train networks etc should also be shut down. If you actually read my thread its referring to reducing risk of exposure to virus. This is for everybody not just party animals.

Why not promote picnics as opposed to people cooped up in confined areas without ventilation?

Your bias against westerners that like to party is over the top. Locals also go into party mode just as much if not more.  

He not understand Thai and as we read in his former not know anything about Thai culture. And even not get it that there are a lot rooted in Thailand and europe have Thai and a european language as a native language. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

He not understand Thai and as we read in his former not know anything about Thai culture. And even not get it that there are a lot rooted in Thailand and europe have Thai and a european language as a native language. 

Holy shit

Do you ever have any other reply??

This is literally all you reply

Every single time

What a bore......

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

It's the close proximity that bars promote along with carring on. Another thing is that they aren't essential, except to a few. These few would expose everyone else. I thing opening bars and entertainment places would be very selfish. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Holy shit

Do you ever have any other reply??

This is literally all you reply

Every single time

What a bore......

Funny you talk about a bore because every comment from him is the same!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

Read this 3 times, still does not make sense

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Funny you talk about a bore because every comment from him is the same!

Funny you should say that as he just repeated himself.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

Sure for that you need the ability to reflect and thinking. I do not expect everybody can do that!

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Sure for that you need the ability to reflect and thinking. I not expect everybody can do that!

It helps if you post in English 😄

3 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

Fair enough but airports, shopping mall and train station can insist on masks and social distancing to reduce risk. Can bars do the same? Would it be the atmosphere you want? I can't see it happening  but airport, shopping mall, etc could make it happen. It might even be more pleasant without the pushing and shoving. 

I'm just an opinion of one but others may agree.

2 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Fair enough but airports, shopping mall and train station can insist on masks and social distancing to reduce risk. Can bars do the same? Would it be the atmosphere you want? I can't see it happening  but airport, shopping mall, etc could make it happen. It might even be more pleasant without the pushing and shoving. 

I'm just an opinion of one but others may agree.

This is why I suggest open air areas. Not cramped closed in poorly ventilated ones. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

He needs to slow down and think before writing. My advice would be to think first and try to express it in simple terms. 

Sorry but it sounds like a person under the influence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Somchai said:

That will never happen

1. All prostitutes what they suppose to do?

2. So long as there is corruption and people scam tourist .. no family want to be here...

• Like 1