Domestic Flights BKK-HKT for unvaccinated tourists

Hello, my girlfriend (tourist) is unvaccinated and in Phuket since September. She did the 2 weeks quarantine and wants to fly from Phuket to Bangkok and back. 

Am I right that all she needs is a COVID test but no additional quarantine whatsoever? 

11 minutes ago, Matttt said:

Hello, my girlfriend (tourist) is unvaccinated and in Phuket since September. She did the 2 weeks quarantine and wants to fly from Phuket to Bangkok and back. 

Am I right that all she needs is a COVID test but no additional quarantine whatsoever? 

Flying to BKK, nothing is needed. There was a graphic I saw a few weeks ago (but I can't find it now) about provincial entry requirements. At that time Phuket was restricting entry to vaccinated individuals. Not sure if things changed when the new rules changed in November. The airline website should have the info.

• Thanks 1

I flew domestic in September. Saw unvaccinated an unvaccinated Frenchie turned away.

The gentleman asked where he could get a shot? Airline staff from VietJet told him to take a minibus.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone! 

Unfortunately, the airlines don't ever answer my mails and the websites just state: 

To avoid any inconvenience upon arrival, I strongly encourage you to check if there's any entry restriction or requirements imposed by the local authority of your destination.

Where do I check those entry restrictions? 

The Governors issue Provincial orders.

There was one for Phuket arrivals originally translated into English, which was then updated with a link, entirely in Thai. My wife found our local Provincial order on a local Government website, again entirely in Thai.

Your girlfriend needs to make local enquiries.
For many airlines it's a requirement to be vaccinated for travel.
Unvaccinated may have to travel by taxi or minibus as an alternative.

Example.
1575906816_NokAir-vaccines..thumb.jpg.b88e33244c9bb1ce7e491830949da06f.jpg

• Thanks 2

Its confusing. Thai Smile has the chart below.   It implies for a Thai Citizen (maybe anyone?) to get into Krabi you need the vaccine AND (see Remarks section) indicates you need a negative test also (past 7 days).  I emailed Thai Smile several times and they say that the AZ Vaccine alone is fine. Yet TAT tells me you need both for Krabi and each province may have different rules.

https://www.thaismileair.com/en/newsupdates/news_2992

I wanted to fly with a friend in Thailand (after I finish my SHA+ night) but the airlines don't seem to post any rules (except Thai Smile).   FUBAR!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Matttt said:

Best to check with TAT. You can call 1672 or send a message via their LINE account TAT contact center.

They respond withing the day with accurate information. Well they did for me anyway. Give it a try.

• Thanks 2