News Forum - Vaccine passport soon to be made digital and issued for free

Thaiger

24 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

So you have no evidence?.......😉

Again, in the absence of any "evidence" to the contrary from you or anyone else, rather than waste my time I think I'll go along with what's officially recommended:

"The CCSA made the announcement but also issued a warning at the same time, reminding travellers to check in advance the requirements for whatever country they plan on travelling to and confirm that their destination accepts an electronic vaccine passport or if a physical copy is required."

11 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Again, in the absence of any "evidence" to the contrary from you or anyone else, rather than waste my time I think I'll go along with what's officially recommended:

"The CCSA made the announcement but also issued a warning at the same time, reminding travellers to check in advance the requirements for whatever country they plan on travelling to and confirm that their destination accepts an electronic vaccine passport or if a physical copy is required."

flew from bkk to seoul this morning   was not asked for my vaccine passport at checkin or required to show it in seoul,  had provided proof of vaccine for the Q exemption application for arriving into seoul .   Just hope i can get my 50baht back the v pp cost me 😊

9 minutes ago, Thommo said:

flew from bkk to seoul this morning   was not asked for my vaccine passport at checkin or required to show it in seoul,  had provided proof of vaccine for the Q exemption application for arriving into seoul .   Just hope i can get my 50baht back the v pp cost me 😊

I'm sure once you've flown to every other country in the world under similar circumstances they'll consider refunding you 😂.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CraigReeves said:

All one needs to do is go to the nearest government run hospital and apply for it, it’s that simple.

It sure is. But it could be simpler. Just show the Mor Phrom app and people will see you are vaccinated. Saves gas on going to the hospital and waiting for the passport😅

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Well "he" does, but the official view differs somewhat ... 

Stonker I was having a crack. Nothing serious. In all honesty even if truly not needed I will keep my vaccine passport handy at all times. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I'm having the same problem with the app not accepting my 13 digit number and phone number combination. Tried it numerous times. If anyone finds a solution, please let me know. Thank you

6 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Stonker I was having a crack. Nothing serious. In all honesty even if truly not needed I will keep my vaccine passport handy at all times. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

As was I, @mickkotlarski, even if the other poster was serious 😆.

Note to self - more emojis 😂!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tea said:

I'm having the same problem with the app not accepting my 13 digit number and phone number combination. Tried it numerous times. If anyone finds a solution, please let me know. Thank you

If convenient, go to your local hospital or the hospital where you were vaccinated and they can check / enter / update the details, and apply for the yellow 'vaccine passport' for you.

28 minutes ago, Stonker said:

If convenient, go to your local hospital or the hospital where you were vaccinated and they can check / enter / update the details, and apply for the yellow 'vaccine passport' for you.

Thank you, was hoping to avoid it, but looks like that might be my only option.

2 minutes ago, Tea said:

Thank you, was hoping to avoid it, but looks like that might be my only option.

If you weren't vaccinated at your local hospital I'd still try them first if it means otherwise having to go further afield - some are a lot more helpful than others, not just to farangs but generally, but it's probably just luck of the draw.

Yes, MOPH Covid Vax Cert ( with QR Code). That’s it. Screw all that other thai stuff which is very difficult to produce and often mismatches critical data in thai name / date form so absolutely useless for intl travel, worse than the MOPH Cert in Full English Language Form.

Just wait... Before long EVERY tourist/falang will have to keep this 'vaccination-passport' with them at all times, and the MiB will be stopping you Just to make sure you have it or fine you..!  Yet ANOTHER hoop we have to jump THRU'..!

8 hours ago, Tanuki said:

Just wait... Before long EVERY tourist/falang will have to keep this 'vaccination-passport' with them at all times, and the MiB will be stopping you Just to make sure you have it or fine you..!  Yet ANOTHER hoop we have to jump THRU'..!

At this point I'm waiting to see if the app will periodically "want to know my location".

In my home state we have a check in app. Once you are vaccinated, you can link the certificate to the app easily. But it needs to be a quick turnaround to make it effective. If there's a long lag time between vaccination and the certificate being available to add, people will become frustrated and won't take it up. Personally, I'm over mobiles and apps. I'd rather a document in my wallet I can produce when required.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:25 PM, Kwangsanith said:

ANY country that implements vaccine passports can expect to see there tourism numbers permanently decreased.

wrong many people considers a place with vaccine passport safer , hope Thailand will implement it as soon as possible

Vaccine passport should be mandatory and required in all public places , restaurant , commercial centers ,train , planes.buses ... etc . It is part of the tool box to avoid the virus spreading. Non vaccinated people are the artisan of virus spreading and mutation(s).

On 11/28/2021 at 2:14 AM, Tanuki said:

Keep a photo of it on your phone they can scan off your phone if there is a problem.

I keep photos of passport, Tabian Bahn, current visa, vax cert, drivers licence on my phone as a back stop.