News Forum - Vaccine passport soon to be made digital and issued for free

Thaiger

Thailand is planning on streamlining the proof of vaccination process by offering an e-vaccine passport for free for international travellers. The CCSA announced the plan as one of the topics covered in their meeting today which also saw the elimination of Dark Red Zones and curfews, as well as a switch from RT-PCR tests for entering tourists to the faster, cheaper antigen tests. The decision was made to offer a digital version of the vaccine passport that are currently issued at a charge of 50 baht, though the date from which the e-passport will be available has yet to be […]

The story Vaccine passport soon to be made digital and issued for free as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Kwangsanith said:

ANY country that implements vaccine passports can expect to see there tourism numbers permanently decreased.

I think it will work both ways. Some will be put off as they are skeptical of vaccination. Others will be following travel protocol and have more freedom of movement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kwangsanith said:

ANY country that implements vaccine passports can expect to see there tourism numbers permanently decreased.

??????

You can't fly without one 😂 !

Maybe you're confusing it with using them domestically, which is a very different and unknown issue.

• Like 1

When the programme does launch though, the digital vaccine passport will be available through the Mor Prom mobile application.

That will create trouble for all the people in the 'phuket must win' system. As a friend of mine found out, there seems not to be a automatic update to the 'mor prom system' . Or the other way round.

He got vaccinated with Pfizer, some time ago. Hat an old registration in phuket win, but the  Bangkok Hospital vaccination process with the gouvernment organisation was a lot quicker. He still got appointment offers in phuket win, had to ask to get deleted from it, to stop that. 

Oh, btw: It was the saying, that Sinovac wont be used after october, right?

Guess what the offer was for: Sino/Az

• Thanks 1

Hi I’m Craig Reeves, I live in Surin.

The vaccine passport is available to all foreigners living in Thailand. All one needs to do is go to the nearest government run hospital and apply for it, it’s that simple. Don’t forget to carry your passport and any document as proof of residence (Baan book - yellow or identity card - pink or work permit - blue :) ) I received mine in 10 days because the director of the hospital had to authorise it with his/her signature. It cost me 50 baht.

ps: The vaccine passport will only be issued to those who have received at least two shots of any WHO approved vaccine.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

??????

You can't fly without one 😂 !

Maybe you're confusing it with using them domestically, which is a very different and unknown issue.

You don't need a vaccine 'passport' to fly  -  the 'domestic' vaccine certificate is adequate proof of vaccination.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

You don't need a vaccine 'passport' to fly  -  the 'domestic' vaccine certificate is adequate proof of vaccination.

Sorry, but that's not correct as it depends on the airline and destination. Some will accept a " 'domestic' vaccine certificate", but many will not and demand an internationally recognised 'vaccine passport' just as they do for any other vaccine such as yellow fever or typhoid.

52 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Great now you need to carry 2 passports around🤣

No, only if you don't have the app on your phone or, in many cases, you're flying.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Guest1 said:

When the programme does launch though, the digital vaccine passport will be available through the Mor Prom mobile application.

That will create trouble for all the people in the 'phuket must win' system. As a friend of mine found out, there seems not to be a automatic update to the 'mor prom system' . Or the other way round.

He got vaccinated with Pfizer, some time ago. Hat an old registration in phuket win, but the  Bangkok Hospital vaccination process with the gouvernment organisation was a lot quicker. He still got appointment offers in phuket win, had to ask to get deleted from it, to stop that. 

Oh, btw: It was the saying, that Sinovac wont be used after october, right?

Guess what the offer was for: Sino/Az

That's clearly a problem with Phuket Win, not the other way round - all vaccinations are registered centrally, regardless of who by.

... and 'no', there was no announcement "that Sinovac wont be used after October" - just that none would be used after stocks ran out and no further stock purchased. There have been no reports anywhere in Thai or English language media that any have been, other than one unsupported report in a local English language paper with no substance, inevitably seized on here.

Just now, Cabra said:

Good luck using the mor prom app... It's only in Thai and you can't switch to English until after you register. 

Do you have no Thai friends?

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but that's not correct as it depends on the airline and destination. Some will accept a " 'domestic' vaccine certificate", but many will not and demand an internationally recognised 'vaccine passport' just as they do for any other vaccine such as yellow fever or typhoid.

The current app has two digital certificates. The first is for domestic use, and the second a digital copy of your  vaccination certificate with verifiable QR code to the Thai ministry. I also have a paper vaccination certificate from the hospital. Name a country that would not accept any of those and require I need yet another form of proof.

27 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

The current app has two digital certificates. The first is for domestic use, and the second a digital copy of your  vaccination certificate with verifiable QR code to the Thai ministry. I also have a paper vaccination certificate from the hospital. Name a country that would not accept any of those and require I need yet another form of proof.

How about you wasting your time instead, and listing countries that will accept the mor prom app and a certificate from the vaccinating hospital in Thailand, with a link confirming each 😂 ?

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Do you have no Thai friends?

That's how I was able to figure out there is an English setting buried deep in the app (once you register -- in Thai). It's just clunky. But typical of of Thai apps I suppose

• Thanks 1

Regarding Mor Prom I still have difficulty getting it to register me.

When I put my 13 digit code (from my vax certificate) and phone number it rejects the phone number. If I try to register I get the same error. I assume I need to register to get a password?

Funny enough my wife has the same problem (Thai) but if I scan the QR code on our certificates it brings up our correct vax details.

Very frustrating.

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

When I put my 13 digit code (from my vax certificate) and phone number it rejects the phone number. If I try to register I get the same error. I assume I need to register to get a password?

Funny enough my wife has the same problem (Thai) but if I scan the QR code on our certificates it brings up our correct vax details.

Very frustrating.

Took me several attempts over 2 days to get registered.  Normal Thai problems with anything digital. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cabra said:

That's how I was able to figure out there is an English setting buried deep in the app (once you register -- in Thai). It's just clunky. But typical of of Thai apps I suppose

Sorry if my response may have sounded a bit offensive, I forgot the emoji 😉.

My Thai's not too bad, but I find most of the government apps a bit 'clunky' at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artemis080 said:

I was going to add it as an edit but was too late, but the CCSA evidently share my reservations about relying on an app or hospital certificate when flying:

"The CCSA made the announcement but also issued a warning at the same time, reminding travellers to check in advance the requirements for whatever country they plan on travelling to and confirm that their destination accepts an electronic vaccine passport or if a physical copy is required".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Very frustrating.

A number of people have reported the same problem, with phone numbers, so if you can it may be worth checking if your phone number was written down / entered correctly - some have apparently had the '0' missing, added, or similar problems.

This seems to be by far the most common problem.

• Thanks 1

I disagree.................................but show me evidence of an airline requiring a domestically (Thai) produced yellow booklet  (that you could get in Khaosan Road) then I will change my mind.

What Thailand is issuing is not the old international yellow booklet, but a Covid specific yellow booklet titled "Covid-19 Certificate of Vaccination".

On the certificate it states "immunization certificate for international travel".

I maintain that where an airline, or a country, requires "evidence of vaccination". the vaccination certificate will suffice.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

I disagree.................................but show me evidence of an airline requiring a domestically (Thai) produced yellow booklet  (that you could get in Khaosan Road) then I will change my mind.

What Thailand is issuing is not the old international yellow booklet, but a Covid specific yellow booklet titled "Covid-19 Certificate of Vaccination".

On the certificate it states "immunization certificate for international travel".

I maintain that where an airline, or a country, requires "evidence of vaccination". the vaccination certificate will suffice.

Well, as above, the CCSA think otherwise.

If I was flying I think I'd take the CCSA's advice rather than get to the airport and bleat "well this guy calked 'Spooky' in a chat forum on the internet said I'd be fine" when I'm turned away 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Now he tells me.😆

• Like 1

Well, as above, the CCSA think otherwise.

If I was flying I think I'd take the CCSA's advice rather than get to the airport and bleat "well this guy calked 'Spooky' in a chat forum on the internet said I'd be fine" when I'm turned away 😂

So you have no evidence?.......😉

• Like 1