News Forum - Easier entry for foreign tourists: CCSA approves ATK for on-arrival screening

Thaiger

Entering Thailand will get a little easier, and a bit cheaper. The CCSA approved the use of rapid antigen tests to screen international arrivals for Covid-19 starting December 1. The ATK method will replacing the RT-PCR test, meaning travellers won’t need to wait long before they are allowed to travel throughout Thailand. The measure will apply to travellers entering under the quarantine exemption scheme and “sandbox” scheme. While the RT-PCR test is said to be more accurate, the results come back much slower and travellers entering the country have been required to book a night at an approved hotel while […]

The story Easier entry for foreign tourists: CCSA approves ATK for on-arrival screening as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 minute ago, Rangers said:

I have already booked and paid for a PCR test for next month, will I be refunded? How will this work?

ATK's may have farang price, but you can pay the extra at a kiosk.

Only joking 🤭

But you started by joking about a refund 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

the problem with the atk tests is that you have some risk of a false positive result.  I prefer to wait a little longer and have a test where there is no false positive, because what happens when I'm false positive.  is a pcr test then done to check this or is one then immediately put into quarantine?  i don't think these atk tests are good.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Am I missing something, why can't it be handled at the airport rather than a hotel. So you've got to go to an approved hotel then back to the airport to book another flight if moving on ....if negative. Mmmm

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Geo said:

Am I missing something, why can't it be handled at the airport rather than a hotel. So you've got to go to an approved hotel then back to the airport to book another flight if moving on ....if negative. Mmmm

“You will not need to book the actual hotel room, because of course the ATK test gives out a faster result.”

I wonder what the fee is for taking up space at the hotel while waiting for the results .

In any event don’t test positive! It will cost you a arm and a leg not to mention holiday time

• Like 6

Hello all, 

I will be arriving in Bangkok on the 13th December from Australia and have booked the sha+ Hotel for a night with the quarantine package. $230 spent but now it seems this won't be required? Can anyone confirm this before I try to get a refund? 

• Like 1

The Captains of the Thailand ship have just made yet another turn - because not many tourists are coming.

Wait - they will eventually decide to either lock-down the country again, or they will open up 'properly' - no tests on arrival, no mandatory quarantine. And hopefully by then all the rules and restrictions will be also removed.  Wait is my advice to all tourists. 

Refunds - from a Thai company?  Join the queue waiting for the Thai Airways refunds from 2020, and all the Hotels that closed back then too. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

The Captains of the Thailand ship have just made yet another turn - because not many tourists are coming.

Wait - they will eventually decide to either lock-down the country again, or they will open up 'properly' - no tests on arrival, no mandatory quarantine. And hopefully by then all the rules and restrictions will be also removed.  Wait is my advice to all tourists. 

Refunds - from a Thai company?  Join the queue waiting for the Thai Airways refunds from 2020, and all the Hotels that closed back then too. 

My booking is through agoda which is based in Singapore not Thailand. I didn't ask for advice on that, only confirmation on the article. People on forums should learn to read carefully and respond with intelligent information, not idiotic opinions. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, riclag said:

“You will not need to book the actual hotel room, because of course the ATK test gives out a faster result.”

I wonder what the fee is for taking up space at the hotel while waiting for the results .

In any event don’t test positive! It will cost you a arm and a leg not to mention holiday time

I stay here mate, I was thinking logically for those planning to come and planning to fly on to khon kaen or Chiang Mai or wherever.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dicko77 said:

My booking is through agoda which is based in Singapore not Thailand. I didn't ask for advice on that, only confirmation on the article. People on forums should learn to read carefully and respond with intelligent information, not idiotic opinions. 

Sorry to say this - but my reply is not about you or to you. I know it is all about you - but not this time mate. And never again - blocked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rangers said:

I have already booked and paid for a PCR test for next month, will I be refunded? How will this work?

47 minutes ago, Dicko77 said:

Hello all, 

I will be arriving in Bangkok on the 13th December from Australia and have booked the sha+ Hotel for a night with the quarantine package. $230 spent but now it seems this won't be required? Can anyone confirm this before I try to get a refund? 

Comedy gold today. Refund? 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Woifal said:

the problem with the atk tests is that you have some risk of a false positive result.  I prefer to wait a little longer and have a test where there is no false positive, because what happens when I'm false positive.  is a pcr test then done to check this or is one then immediately put into quarantine?  i don't think these atk tests are good.

Yes the integrity of ATK's is questionable. Not too long ago I heard on the local news that in the event of a +ve test that a PCR is deemed a mandatory follow up. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stevenkongju said:

I am booked for Dec. 23rd. All paid. How many more changes would you bet will be made prior to my arrival. 

If you're lucky there will only be single figure changes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

If you're lucky there will only be single figure changes.

Hot of the press...ATK's not to substitute PCR's. In short should you truly need to travel to Thailand think again or have everything at your disposal uncluding the kitchen sink.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Is it just me, or does this have built in scam all over it?

ATK not accurate, lots of false positives reports.

Take test at a hotel that you're not staying at. What happens if you get a positive result?

Still need approved transport.

I can see the opportunity for scam written all over this.

What do you guys think?

• Like 5

Well this should be interesting.....I got back in last week and felt better with a PCR test--

So how does one book transport and waiting for that "rate" to change on arrival..

Hotels dont mind farang loitering at their hotels without actually paying for a room?

And who will be the first to maybe test positive and be hauled off where?   hospital? hotel? false +???

How much for the ATK? I see them at 7-11 for 100 bt....this new plan seems like a hot mess...

Somebody tests + waiting at a hotel and then cant wait to see that AQ rate....and why a hotel?

swampy is so dead they should set up a testing zone aka farang leper colony--but no $$ in that

• Like 2

Dont be silly Thailand dont do refunds

• Like 4

I'm glad to hear about this new developement. Rapid tests will help move things along. I think if you test positive though, the PCR test should then be given and then waiting for the result is the way to go. Having to go into quarantine on the back of a rapid test, is beyond reasonable.

2 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Hot of the press...ATK's not to substitute PCR's. In short should you truly need to travel to Thailand think again or have everything at your disposal uncluding the kitchen sink.

If timing is essential, then perhaps it should be the kitchen sync?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dicko77 said:

No need for that

• Like 2

On my booking through Agoda, I get a full refund until 3 days before the actual date. 

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

ATK's may have farang price, but you can pay the extra at a kiosk.

Only joking 🤭

But you started by joking about a refund 🤣

Refunds until 3 days before. 

• Like 1